Accepted Staff Report on GeneralObesity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desann

Name: Desann
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:63152414
Date & Time Of Incident: 02/06/2020 15:56

Staff Member's Name: GeneralObesity
Staff Member's Rank: Moderator or Junior Admin but I'm not sure.

Explanation: So basically yesterday I was driving past Branning Warf Station, there were 3 Terrorist members just to the right of the train station in front of the Best One shop. As I was driving one of them ran into the road into the road in front of my car and I killed him. Now I just left it because I thought fair enough, he knows he was in the wrong he ran in front of me. But I got pulled into an admin sit by Obesity and the guy who ran in front of my car. He was accusing me of swerving into him and killing him when it was him that ran in front of my car and got himself killed, the other 2 members of T were messing about in front of the train station as well so it just seemed like they were doing it on purpose.

Before I go on though I do need to point out that I did get pulled for VDM when I first joined, but I didn't realize it was against the rules at the time and I apologized for it and said I wouldn't do it again, I take full responsibility for that action. I just wanted to point this out now so it wasn't used against me like it was in the admin sit.

So the admin sit continues. and I'm saying my side and the other guy is saying his side, keep in mind I don't have a mic so I have to type and sometimes it's hard for me to get a point across while typing because I have to type as fast as people are speaking. Both parties spoke over me multiple times and didn't let me get my full point across which was frustrating. I felt like Obesity was taking the guys side and attacking me as well because of my earlier VDM warning. Multiple times I tried to explain that the earlier instance was a mistake on my part and I took full responsibility for it. Obesity wasn't being impartial what so ever and at one point he said to me "If you don't speak now and just take the responsibility I won't give you a warning" How unprofessional is that as a staff member? The other guy who ran in front of the car started to say "Well look I'm a nice guy, if he admits it then he doesn't have to get a warning" Obesity was agreeing with him and I felt so outnumbered in the admin sit because it just seemed like they were working together against me. Obesity kept saying over and over again "You were warned for this earlier so I'm just going to give you a warning because you obviously keep doing it" Even though it was the second warning. I hardly got a chance to defend myself. In the end he gave me a warning and when I went to explain myself more he just teleported us back and left it at that. It was a bit disrespectful how it was handled to be honest.

He asked us if we both had evidence to back up our points, neither of us did so Obesity just said because I'm the one who killed him I'm the one who should get punished. It's such a flawed system because anyone can just run in front of cars and get the other person in trouble, the fact that Obesity was siding with him and it felt like I was getting ganged up on just made the whole thing 10 times worse. I'm not a minge at all, I try and stick to the rules of the server and help people out were I can, but it's things like this that really make the server hard to play sometimes. I had a similar thing happen on the very first map and I got banned for a complete misunderstanding.

Don't get me wrong though I've played with Obesity before and he's a nice person and he's fun to play with, but I just felt very outnumbered in this instance and it was a bit frustrating how this was all handled. I don't want there to be any hard feelings for anyone involved. Maybe there can be something implemented to stop minges running in front of cars but I'm not sure. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Evidence: No evidence.
Witnesses: Just Obesity and the other guy who ran in front of the car.

GeneralObesity

PoliceRP Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Earlier on in the day I already gave you a verbal about VDM because you didnt know it was a warnable offence. The next time you did it you swerved out onto someone and killed them. The verbal warn I told you off and told you to watch your driving. Also more sense to make a warn appeal

Desann

I have explained all of this in the previous message above. I didn't swerve into someone as I've stated above which is the whole reason I've made this thread. I have also mentioned the earlier VDM warning too. I accepted the first warning as I was in the wrong but I wasn't at fault the second time.

I didn't realize I could make a warn appeal, I would of been happy to do it that way instead. I still think the admin sit could of been a bit more impartial, you took a previous action that I did and just thought of my as a minge, which is fair enough, but I took full responsibility for that and I'm not a minge at all.

As I stated before I felt like I was quite outnumbered during the sit and I never really got a chance to say my piece, I felt like I wasn't being listened to either which is why I brought it here.

GeneralObesity

PoliceRP Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
I let you explain your story and even took you to the place of the incident. And I as I warned you verbally before for the same sort of incident I decided to go for a warn

Gatesway

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Senior Management
Superadmin
Accepted - the staff member in question should not have punished you when no evidence was presented or he hadn't seen it happen himself.

You may link this staff report to any senior-administrator or higher in-game to get your warning removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom