Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Badspell Staff app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Badspell
Badspell
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
1 month
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:225156939

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM = random deathmatch where you kill someone without a valid reason. Example 1: you kill someone because they don't have a nice outfit. Example 2: you kill someone because they are police.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR = new life rule where you basically drop your previous life and don't get affiliated with it for 5 minutes/ the RP situation is over. Example 1: you die while raiding a base and return when ur friends are still raiding and you assist them. Example 2: you died at the hospital and 1 min later you return to the same spot.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP = showing fear in roleplay when outnumbered by 2 people. Example 1: you are held at gunpoint by 2 people and are ordered to drop 5k but you shoot them instead. Example 2: you are told to comply with multiple police but you just run away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia = treating someone negatively over their sexuality. Example 1: you kill someone because they are gay. Example 2: you call someone f*ggot

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism = treating someone negatively over their race. Example 1: You call someone n***er. Example 2: you kill someone because they are black

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advertise carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Warn William for crimes against NHS

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve
this sit?
Firstly check the advert to see if it says KOS unwanted/pd/government and if it does, I find out if joe was nearby then if it's true I don't take any action however if joe wasn't near or the advert didn't say any of those then I warn him.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Warn Joe for building at a location where he doesn't own a door and warn William for breaking NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
see if joe was on the server during the time of the advertisement and if he was then ban him for mass rdm. If he wasn't in the server at the time of the advertisement, I wouldn't punish him or maybe I'd give a minor punishment, such as jail time.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am an extremely active player in this community. I feel that I know quite a lot, I am very well educated about the rules of this server and I have a very good understanding of how to do sits and take on the duties of staff. I think I should be chosen because I would treat this job responsibly and I will dedicate a huge chunk of my free time towards staffing the server. I am not a biased person at all and I will spend a lot of my time staffing the server. Although I may get into trouble, I definitely lack the intention to do something that would get me in trouble or acknowledge it would get me punished. Anytime I have broken a rule I can assure you I have had 0 intention on breaking a rule but I have been trying my hardest lately to stay out of trouble.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
Ask someone in the staff chat while taking a look over a handbook/guide that I would assume I would have access to as staff.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Not on GMOD specifically however on different games, yes.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
My activity as I spend pretty much all my free time on riverside and this is the only game I play right now as I enjoy riverside a lot, my fairness in terms of decision making as I can always come to a good conclusion of a situation then make an appropriate decision and my teamwork, I do an outstanding job when working with a team and I can easily get to work alongside other people.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I always respond in heated situations which don't make them any better when really I should just stop responding to resolve a heated situation, I won't let you down as I will always be ready to do as I am told and I will dedicate a lot of time.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I have noticed a slight drop in staff activity recently and I would love to help change that by dedicated a lot of my time towards staffing this server. I want to be a staff member to help get rid of the rule-breakers across the game fast because the response time is currently pretty bad and I can make a change on that.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

Last edited:
Under the examples of RDM you had stated
Example 2: you kill someone because they are police.
This is a bad example as you may choose to kill police because they are threatening you i.e mid gunfight during a PD Raid.

Homophobia = treating someone negatively over their orientation.
You may want to look over the def. of orientation

Warn Joe for building at a location where he doesn't own a base
That's not against the rules sir. Yet again, another bad example.

I am very well knowledged about the rules of this server
Knowledged isn't a word homie

- Fact Checker #401963

In the period of the server opening, you have gotten 14 warns, and 2 Bans for MassRDM , I do not think you would be great material for staff as you have been warned recently and the Detail to your application is lacking, Minus one.

Due to the past experiences I and others have with you, notably the number of sits you have called which have resulted in absolutely no punishment as there was no wrongdoing, I can imagine that there will be a great deal of bias towards those you have a distaste to

-1 LESS BRAINCELLS THAN A NEW BORN BABY
nope
In the period of the server opening, you have gotten 14 warns, and 2 Bans for MassRDM , I do not think you would be great material for staff as you have been warned recently and the Detail to your application is lacking, Minus one.
as i said, there's no intention from me to break rules but i try my hardest to change it. 1 mass rdm ban was false as i killed 2 people during a mugging and 1 was crossfired
-1 TOXIC FUCK WILL BE BIASED TOWARDS PEOPLE
im not toxic

Due to the past experiences I and others have with you, notably the number of sits you have called which have resulted in absolutely no punishment as there was no wrongdoing, I can imagine that there will be a great deal of bias towards those you have a distaste to
not really sure what involvement me calling a sit has on this
-1 complete fucking retard, doesn't have a brain
if i had no brain i wouldnt function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom