Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Antonys Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Antony
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
About 2-3 Months
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:141832495
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM stands for Random Death Match, it consists of a player killing another player for no reason within rp. An example of this might be when Player A goes up to Player B and decides to kill him cause he found it funny, there was no reason to kill him therefore RDM. Another example could be when two friends are decide to test their guns out and kill one or the other, this would be RDM as there was no reason to kill the other therefore RDM, if they wanted to do this they'd have to advert something like "kill me" or something along those lines.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR stands for New Life Rule, when a player dies, he's not allowed to go back to the same spot until 5 minutes pass or if the situation isn't over he must wait till it's over to go back.
An example of this would be when Player A is raiding PD, if he died and then came back right after this would be breaking NLR as nor 5 minutes have passed or the situation is over.
Another example would be when Player A dies in defending his base, he comes back to try and prevent the raiders from breaking in and kills the raiders. This would be NLR

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when youre outnumbered by other players pointing guns at you, you must follow all their commands else your breaking FearRP
Player 1-3 are pointing a gun to Player 4, he doesn't follow their commands. He's broken FearRP
2 Players are pointing guns to said player to try and kidnap him, yet this players refuses to follow their orders. This would be FearRP and he's breaking it

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when a person discriminates a collective of people based on their sexual orientation. Doesn't only have to be discrimination but also harmful comments and hatred.
An example would be if Player 1 killed Player 2 strictly because he's gay, this would be homophobia as he's targeting him because of his orientation, which is homophobic behaviour.
Another example would be when Player 1 is hosting tryouts and Player 2 wants to attend, but isn't allowed strictly because hes' gay. This would be considered homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is the belief that certain people are superior based on their skin colour, this leads to segragation and discrimination between different skin tones.
1. Player 1 doesn't allow Player 2 to participate in an activity because he's black in game, this would be racism as he's being excluded based on his skin tone.
2. Player 1 kills Player 2 just because he's black, this would be racism and RDM

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all I'd bring both of them to a secluded space where I can calmly talk to them, then I'd ask both of them to tell me their side of the story, I would also ask if any of them had video evidence, then proceed to check the logs to make sure William adverted carjack, then tell Joe about my findings. And if there's any video evidence of a stolen NHS vehicle I'd explain William he can't steal NHS vehicles and ask Joe whether or not he'd like William striked. After that return both of them and return the ambulance back to Joe

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I'd first bring them both to somewhere secluded, then ask them each for their side of the story. Also ask for video evidence. From there I'd check logs and see if William adverted pd raid, if he hasn't then I would be banning him for MRDM for 2 weeks. However if there was an advert and the video evidence from William suggests that all the people he killed where part of the pd raid then I would be letting him go as he didn't break any rule. However if Joe video shows he was outside PD then I'd warn William for RDM as Joe was not part of the pd raid. After that I'd bring both of them back to where they were.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Bring both of them to a secluded space, from there ask both of their stories and ask for video evidence. To begin I'd tell Joe he isn't allowed to base in the sidewalk only hobos can base , so I'd ask him to remove his base and I'd give him a verbal warning and if he does it again a warn. Then I'd deal with William, firstly I'd explain he can't raid a base without advert and I'd ask Joe if he'd like him to be warned and if so I'd warn him. Then I'd also explain him that he RDM and broke NLR and once more ask Joe if he'd lke him to be warned. If Joe wanted him warned for these 3 cases, William would have reached 3 warns in a day which would lead to a 24 hour ban to prevent him from causing any more harm

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all I'd make sure everything was correctly advertised and check whether the bombing happened before the advert or not. Then I'd bring Joe and talk to him and explain what he's done wrong and from there I would ban him according to the damage he's caused, in this case being MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I am a dedicated and passionate person, not only I am good with handling difficult situations and believe I could help the moderation of Riverside, helping the community be more enjoyable.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I'd first try and handle it by checking handbook or any other means , if that didn't work i'd then ask another staff member to help me.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, DarkRP, StarWarsRP

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Team Worker, Very active, Friendly

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Once summer is over school, Punctuality, Family

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I'd like to help and improve the enjoyability of Riverside as I believe it can be improved simply by having kind and understanding staff, yet strict to an extent to make sure the server runs as smoothly as possible, without making anyone feel unwelcomed or unworthy.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Taxman

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Good knowledge on the rules and would be a good fit for staff.

First of all Antony is not a minge hes a great guy knows the rules very well and helps a lot of people, hes basically taught me everything I know about riverside I think he would be great on the staff team

First of all Antony is not a minge hes a great guy knows the rules very well and helps a lot of people, hes basically taught me everything I know about riverside I think he would be great on the staff team
And his contributions towards LM and its members

+1 he knows all the rules and he is active and makes great contributions to the server with his role in LM. He also is easy to get along with and I have never had issues with him in game or know anyone to have issues with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom