Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Jim Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Name: Jim
SteadID64:76561198042638950
Date of ban issue: 12/03/2021
Member of staff: Commissioner Gatesway
Ban Reason (Screenshot):
Ban.PNG
Why should we unban you?:

TL;DR: You shouldn't, you should reduce the length.

As you can see in the 'Reason' field above, there's a little ambiguity surrounding my ban, so let me explain what went on. Firstly, I am not disputing the fact I should be banned, I am instead disputing the length of the ban; the punishment does not fit the crime.

On Friday night, me and a friend were playing Riverside as usual, and we saw in chat that two players, named 'Bazza is a Cun* and Tommy Robinson, were advertising a rap battle in Little Town. We thought this would be a good laugh to go and watch, so we went; we were the only two players, alongside the named, who showed up. For any of you from the UK, you'll likely be familiar with the name Tommy Robinson, and you should be aware that this type of player is on your server; if you don't know who he is, have a quick Google. Anyway, that's a different matter.

Queue a long string of RDM from both Bazza and Tommy, and I'll admit, there was some retaliation on our part - tit for tat if you like. Neither party seemed to have a problem with it, and it escalated into a bit of predictable light-hearted fun.

Fast-forward 30 minutes, and both parties are back in the main city. Bazza and Tommy had bought the Adidas shop (or one nearby, I don't explicitly remember) and were minding their own business - neither of them doing anything wrong. My friend and I head over to see what's going on as we recognise their distinctive clothing. After being killed a few more times, my friend starts prop minging to block the doorway. To the side, I was watching through the window and must have been killed by Bazza and Tommy 3 more times for simply watching; given that they associated me with my friend, this made sense as they were likely getting a bit frustrated at this point.

Anyway, Gatesway (SoD) shows up and has a word with my mate after being called over by Gazza regarding the propping; my mate subsequently says that he isn't going to remove the props and proceeds to get cheeky with Gatesway. I managed to convince my mate to remove the props, but he got a 5 day ban after stabbing Gatesway (this is important for later) - correct in my opinion. This seemed like a fair response from Gatesway.

At this point, it's just me, Bazza, Tommy, and Gatesway. I explain my side of events to Gatesway, and ask him why he has been stood on the other side of the street for 20 minutes ignoring the blatant RDM from both groups; Tommy had an AR... Gatesway was definitely aware of the situation given he was stood outside of courthouse. 20 minutes is not an exaggeration, and Gatesway was talking to two others in his group (not AFK). Again, to reiterate, the RDM was light-hearted and it seemed to be the general theme from both groups having a good time - I know it's not strictly RP, but we weren't bothering anyone other than our own individual groups. To further clarify, I was not reporting Tommy or Bazza for the RDM, I was just asking why Gatesway only has a problem with the situation (propping and RDM) after 20 minutes of being stood right next to it...

Clearly, me questioning his ability touched a nerve (note the ban length); his volatility and lack of consistency should be concerning. Gatesway had read the room completely wrong. Up until now, both parties must have been killed 10x over by each other, so, sticking with the theme, to make everyone laugh, I jokingly knifed Gatesway, once, knowing he was an admin with god-mode (after my mate failed to kill him).
  • I didn't speak down comms negatively, or send any form of abuse his way.
  • After returning to the main city (after Little Town), I didn't kill a single player (check the logs). I knifed Tommy once in retaliation, but he swiftly put me down.
  • I didn't prop minge.
  • I listened to what was being said.
  • The 'Gatesway slashing' was done with the continued light-hearted theme in mind.
5 WEEK BAN.

Can the ban be reduced to a more suitable length, please? My mate who prop minged AND stabbed Gatesway while getting cheeky down comms got 5 days! Even if this is denied, the moderation from Gatesway is clearly inconsistent, which is frustrating for all players.

Side note: Bazza, the guy who called Gatesway over, also voiced concerns over long bans from Gatesway, stating that 'he got 3 weeks for similar!', referring to my mate's ban. Whether Bazza appealed his 3-week ban or not, I do not know.

Last edited:

Gatesway

Community Owner
Community Management
Hello Jim

Thank you for taking the time to appeal your ban.

why he has been stood on the other side of the street for 20 minutes ignoring the blatant RDM from both groups

I was busy dealing with a staff sit, nevertheless, I actually hadn't even been aware of any RDM'ing across this whole situation. The sit I received was in regards to your friend prop blocking someone's property.

Clearly, me questioning his ability touched a nerve (note the ban length); his volatility and lack of consistency should be concerning.

After your friend had been banned for five days, you started acting up as well. I decided to ban you and extend your friends ban to five weeks as well, there was no inconsistency. As to me, it appeared the both of you had no other intention than to mess about, ruining other's roleplaying experience in the process.

1615762141566.png

The 'Gatesway slashing' was done with the continued light-hearted theme in mind.

For me, there was little to no context and to be completely honest, had no recognition of a 'light-hearted theme'. In the few minutes dealing with the two of you, my verdict was that you don't belong on this server.
A tip for the future: try to present yourself in a professional manner when coming in contact with staff.

I will however reduce your ban length to 2 weeks, under the circumstance that you prove to be capable of behaving correctly when playing on our server in the future.

Kind regards
Gatesway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom