Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted [Staff Application] Jordz's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Jordz
1.2 How old are you? 21
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 Weeks.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes; It's my only language.
1.6 What is your SteamID?STEAM_0:1:34248193
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is an abbreviation of Random Deathmatch; The rules state that you must have a valid Role-play Reason to kill another player.

E1: Johnny is a Police Officer; Michael is a Thief. Michael ran up to Johnny outside and said I hate pigs and blasted him down.
E2: Robert is a Gun Dealer and Joey is another gun dealer, They are both on the same street so Joe decides to kill Robert as he's on his "Turf"

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR means New Life Rule; If you die on the server you cannot return to your previous location for up to 5 minutes; You must also forget everything in your past life. For example, If you die you can't walk up to your friend and go This guy killed me, As you're meant to have forgotten who killed you while you died. However, If you get revived by NHS you don't need to forget anything, You only can't roleplay back in that same combat situation.

E1: Liam killed Andy in a raid; Andy decides he wasn't having it and returns back to his base straight after he respawn's to try and kill Liam.
E2: Andy died in a PD Raid; He respawn's and runs back to the PD to continue the raid.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Fear Roleplay means, If your life is in danger you must follow the person commands (within reason); If you have a pistol and three people have fully equiped Assult Rifles, Then A) You are out numbers & B) They have better weapons than you. So you would listen to there commands; Think of it more in real life if someone came at you with a Fully equipped Assult Rifle and you have a knife, You aren't going to be Rambo and try and try to take him out.

E1: Liam has a knife and tries to mug Ben; Ben wasn't for having it and pulled out his weapon. This would be FEAR RP as Liam had a knife out first and Ben wouldn't have had enough time to equip his weapon in a situation like this.
E2: Ben & four of his friends walk up to a guy with a Pistol out & adverts Mug; The player with his pistol out tries to take them all out. - This would be FEAR RP as the other player is out numbered
2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is discriminating against someone's sexuality; Such as being Gay/Bi; For example just because someone has a different sexuality than yourself doesn't allow you to hate on them. It's there choice.
E1: Joe sounds different to all the other players; Michael thinks that Joe is Gay so Michael says to Joe that he's a gay fag.
E2: A random player announces on the server that they've finally came out to friends and family that they are Gay; Another player announces that all gays should die.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is discriminating against someone's religion; Such as African American, Muslim, Jew & others. Just because someone sounds/acts/tells you what religion that they are, Doesn't give anyone the right to disrespect them.
E1: Joe sounds like an African American man; Ben runs up to Joe and shouts AW not another one of these N word.
E2: Michael over hears someone telling there friend on how there morning prayer went; Joe runs up to the group and shouts you must be a JIHADI Bomb Terrorist.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all; I'd go to Joe & take him to a roof & ask him for his side of the situation; Once we have that confirmed I would spectate William to see if he's in a active situation such as a raid, If not I would then teleport William to the situation and ask for his side. If William says something different to what Joe has said, I would check the logs to see if he has /advertised Car Jack and if he has I would then tell him that you can't steal NHS Vehicles.

Once the situation is over with, I would give William a verbal warning for stealing NHS Vehicles & say to Joe that he did advert however William still can't steal a NHS Vehicle. I then would ask Joe if he needs help with anything else, Once the situation is all clear I would return both players back to active role-play.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all, I'd go to Joe and take him to a roof & ask what has happened, Once we confirm his story I would then spectate William to see if he is in a active situation such as a Raid etc, If William is free I would then bring him to the roof and ask for his side, As both sides clash at first I would then ask Joe where was he when he got killed. If Joe says he was in PD then the stories still clash, I would ask for proof.

If William admits to RDM for Joe I would check all the other players that he killed to confirm if it was just 1 RDM or if it was multiple, If it's 1 RDM he shall get warned for Random Deathmatch however if it's Mass RDM I would check William's recent warnings to see if a Ban is justifiable. If I can confirm that he has recent bans/warnings for the same situation then I would ask a higher staff member to ban William for Mass RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all I would bring both players to a roof top and ask for there sides, Once we have gathered that I would go through the rules one by one to confirm players both know what they did wrong so it doesn't happen again; I would warn William for NLR & FTA. I would give Joe a verbal and explain that only Hobo's can build on the sidewalk.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would check the logs to see if a High Rank did confirm a PD meeting was going on; I then would bring Joe to a roof and explain the rule that when a High Rank Government official announces NO MAJOR CRIMES it means all players can't Raid Bank/Raid PD/Raid (As per the Major Crime Rules), I then would check Joe to see if he has warnings to confirm if he's a new player or not, If he's a new player I would warn him for MRDM + Jail for 3 minutes.

If Joe is an experienced player, I would speak to another staff member to get the player banned for Mass RDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe I should be chosen over all the other applicants, As I'm calm & Professional. Although I've only been playing for two weeks however I've got the ropes by the hand & I'm ready to dig down deep in to helping my fellow staff members & other players experience on the situations. Currently I have had to report multiple rule breakers to fellow staff members as well as on the forums, Although it helps & the staff always do there best to resolve it. However sometimes people slip through the net as sometimes at night when I'm on no staff are available as they're a sleep/working. I could be there to help the players to ensure no rules are being broken.

When I first started playing here roughly 2 weeks ago, I reported a situation to the owner of a fellow player trying to destroy the community & the owner took action and dealt with the situation amazing, This proves that I am loyal to RiverSide & I believe I'm a great fit for the staff team.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
As always, I would say I'm an experienced player however I don't know everything, I would ask in Admin Chat if another staff member is available to give me some advice, if nobody is online I then would ask in the Admin chat on Discord; If nobody gets back to me I would judge it myself (As per the Highest Rank Staff online).

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Over my course of playing Garry's Mod for 12,000 Hours I've been staff on multiple servers and climbed through the ranks, Such as being a Head Admin for a community who was getting on average 100+ players daily as well as a staff team of roughly about 30 at the time. This proves of my knowledge of ULX as well as Problem Solving skills, witch I hope I would be a really good fit in to Riverside.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
E1: Experienced.
E2: Active
E3: Problem Solving (Not scared to get in to situations).

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- I have two children.
- I work full time.
- I haven't been staff on any servers since 2019 (Could be rusty).

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to become a Trial Moderator on Riverside due to the amazing player interaction as well as all the other fellow staff on the servers, They make you feel welcome and enjoying every moment of being online. Although I haven't been staff in around 2 years, However I do still remember mostly every ULX command & I am always a learner. Every single day, they are situations out there that you can learn to improve on. I have been with RiverSide for 2 weeks & my next opportunity is to become staff to help others as I want to get right in to it.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

-1 snowflake cries about anything not fit for staff bias etc
Hey mate; Are you sure you're thinking of the correct player?

I don't think I've ever interacted with you in such a way for you to leave me a -1, However I appreciate your feedback.

+1, had great interactions with him ingame would be a great fit for staff, decent app aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom