Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Ikl Josh
1.2 How old are you? 13 Years old
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes I do
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Around 2 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes English is my home language
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:551798905
1.7 References (if any)? None

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM Stands for *Random Death Match* And means a player killing another player for no apparent reason. Example 1: Killing an officer making an arrest without /advert Counter arrest. Example 2: Going up to someone who's AFK and Killing them with a Pistol

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR (or New Life Rule) Means you cannot return to a situation you were previously at. Example 1: Being killed in a shootout and going back to kill the player while he's on low health. Example 2: Being killed in a police chase with your friend in separate cars and getting back in his car when you respawn.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Character being scared of death. Example 1: You have guns pointed at you and you get out your own gun. Example 2: Being surrounded with people with blades and running away instead of listening to commands.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is using slang or language that may upset someone who is LGBTQ+ or someone who just finds it upsetting, out of an RP situation or excessively. Example 1: Calling someone a 'bender' in a sit, Example 2: Using offensive language like this as a police officer because that isn't what they'd actually do in real life.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is abuse towards someone based on their ethnic background out of an RP situation, or excessively. Example 1: Calling someone a N***a in a sit. Example 2: Constantly abusing someone over about 20-30 minutes about their ethnic background.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? By looking in the console and telling William that he did advert carjack but you can't steal an NHS vehicle so do !bring William and telling him he's being warned for stealing an nhs vehicle and then return both.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Find out if it was in PD, if so then return both after explaining, if not jail William for 420 seconds for Mass RDM and return Joe

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Tell William he is being Jailed for NLR and FTA jail him for 420 seconds return Joe and continue

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Ban Joe for Mass RDM and tell him that he cannot interrupt a PD meeting

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I feel like I would be able to be more calm in situations to prevent further bans and would be able to clearly explain to people what they have done wrong and I spend a lot of hours on this server so there would always be a staff member available in me. I would also treat noone any different because of previous experiences with them, my one goal would be to resolve that sit! I have 65 hours on the server in just the past two weeks, this server is all I play on my computer so having someone who plays the server that much I think would really help the rest of the server as well as it's players, I've never been as dedicated to any other game or server on a game.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Ask a higher up admin to help

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I have never staffed a gmod server before

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I can keep a cool head most of the time. I can explain in depth the situation. I can tell differences between offences like RDM and FTA can be very similar but I can tell the difference.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Can very occasionally be in a bad mood if I've not got much sleep and that can effect a sit but that is quite rare. I've got a lot of people in the server who may dislike me and that can effect my opinion of if they're just calling sits to annoy me or being serious but I could probably tell. I may sometimes struggle with commands to do stuff that i've not really experienced.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I feel like this server doesn't have enough staff online at all times to deal with all sits, it will have 1-3 on average and there can be around 30 sits at a time so if I can just make a subtle difference it can end up being a big difference to me and I feel like it would just give the server more roleplaying time instead of waiting for an admin. I would feel it would attract more players that way as it makes the server more fun in my opinion, there will then be more people online, therefore more opportunities improvement, I believe I can make things more fun for people whereas I also have that disciplinary side and I can tell people off without asking, I can tell people what they can do better, I want to make a positive change to the server, that's why I want to be staff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? no
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes, ask whatever.

Last edited:
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Ikl Josh
1.2 How old are you? 13 Years old
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes I do
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Around 2 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes English is my home language
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:551798905
1.7 References (if any)? None

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM Stands for *Random Death Match* And means a player killing another player for no apparent reason. Example 1: Killing an officer making an arrest without /advert Counter arrest. Example 2: Going up to someone who's AFK and Killing them with a Pistol

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR (or New Life Rule) Means you cannot return to a situation you were previously at. Example 1: Being killed in a shootout and going back to kill the player while he's on low health. Example 2: Being killed in a police chase with your friend in separate cars and getting back in his car when you respawn.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Character being scared of death. Example 1: You have guns pointed at you and you get out your own gun. Example 2: Being surrounded with people with blades and running away instead of listening to commands.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is using slang or language that may upset someone who is LGBTQ+ or someone who just finds it upsetting, out of an RP situation or excessively. Example 1: Calling someone a 'bender' in a sit, Example 2: Using offensive language like this as a police officer because that isn't what they'd actually do in real life.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is abuse towards someone based on their ethnic background out of an RP situation, or excessively. Example 1: Calling someone a N***a in a sit. Example 2: Constantly abusing someone over about 20-30 minutes about their ethnic background.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? By looking in the console and telling William that he did advert carjack but you can't steal an NHS vehicle so do !bring William and telling him he's being warned for stealing an nhs vehicle and then return both.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Find out if it was in PD, if so then return both after explaining, if not jail William for 420 seconds for Mass RDM and return Joe

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Tell William he is being Jailed for NLR and FTA jail him for 420 seconds return Joe and continue

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Ban Joe for Mass RDM and tell him that he cannot interrupt a PD meeting

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I feel like I would be able to be more calm in situations to prevent further bans and would be able to clearly explain to people what they have done wrong and I spend a lot of hours on this server so there would always be a staff member available in me. I would also treat noone any different because of previous experiences with them, my one goal would be to resolve that sit! I have 65 hours on the server in just the past two weeks, this server is all I play on my computer so having someone who plays the server that much I think would really help the rest of the server as well as it's players, I've never been as dedicated to any other game or server on a game.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Ask a higher up admin to help

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I have never staffed a gmod server before

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I can keep a cool head most of the time. I can explain in depth the situation. I can tell differences between offences like RDM and FTA can be very similar but I can tell the difference.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Can very occasionally be in a bad mood if I've not got much sleep and that can effect a sit but that is quite rare. I've got a lot of people in the server who may dislike me and that can effect my opinion of if they're just calling sits to annoy me or being serious but I could probably tell. I may sometimes struggle with commands to do stuff that i've not really experienced.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I feel like this server doesn't have enough staff online at all times to deal with all sits, it will have 1-3 on average and there can be around 30 sits at a time so if I can just make a subtle difference it can end up being a big difference to me and I feel like it would just give the server more roleplaying time instead of waiting for an admin. I would feel it would attract more players that way as it makes the server more fun in my opinion, there will then be more people online, therefore more opportunities improvement, I believe I can make things more fun for people whereas I also have that disciplinary side and I can tell people off without asking, I can tell people what they can do better, I want to make a positive change to the server, that's why I want to be staff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? no
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes, ask whatever.
+1 Ive played with Josh in-game and he is very nice and I belive hell make a great staff member

+1 Seen him in-game have had no problems with him. I think he would be a good staff member

+1 Great Guy played with him for hours // Would make a good staff leadership role ( ? )

Denied, for some questions, you have answered incorrectly, incomplete, or not up to the standards that I'd like to see in a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom