Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied 60ty's application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? 60ty
1.2 How old are you? 15
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 15 days
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? 76561199055065049

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM = Random Deathmatch. It's where you randomly kill someone without any valid reasoning behind it. Example 1: you're walking to the hospital then out of nowhere another player approaches you and shoots you to death. Example 2: Another player is upset with you for a reason which is not to do with the roleplay then they kill you.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR = New Life Rule. It's where you start a new life in roleplay after dying which means you cannot get involved with anything in your former life and you can not return to where you died. Specifically in Riverside Roleplay, NLR lasts 5 minutes. Example 1: you've killed someone during a raid then they return 10 minutes later to the same roleplay situation and decide to join in the roleplay situation. Example 2: you've killed someone at the bank then they return to the exact spot where they died to talk to you about the situation.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is where you are required to roleplay fear over certain things. This is mainly used when your character is likely to die. Example 1: 2 people have pointed rifles at you and they mug you, if you decide to not drop whatever the players are after, then you're breaking FearRP. Example 2: A man has a bomb with a group of innocent civilians and you're SCO19, fear rp would be to just shoot the bomber.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is where you treat someone negatively specifically due to their sexual orientation. Example 1: you decide to be toxic towards someone simply because you've been informed they're gay. Example 2: you're giving out free money to everyone around however you specifically ignore someone only because they're lesbian.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is where you treat someone in a negative way specifically due to their skin colour. Example 1: you decide to use a racial slur against someone for example the hard r n-word. Example 2: you decide to be unfair towards someone who is a different skin colour specifically for that reason.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I'd inform Joe that he did advert carjack however I'd explain that stealing NHS vehicles are not allowed and I'd allow Joe to make the decision if William is warned or not.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I'd check with Joe to find out where Joe was and if he was for example in the PD armoury and got killed, I'd explain that to Joe and end the sit. If Joe had 0 involvement or wasn't nearby then I'd warn William. If it was mass RDM on all the people and none of them was in PD/nearby then I'd ban Joe for mass RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I'd start off with warning William for failure to advertise, I'd then warn William for breaking NLR, I'd then warn William for failure to advertise and then warn him for RDM.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would check with Joe to see if he was aware of the ongoing PD Meeting and if it turned out he had no clue, I'd inform him to be careful next time and check. Since he advertised it, he can't be warned for mass RDM however I'd verbally warn him since there was a PD Meeting which had labelled "no major crimes" and it's Joe's responsibility to make sure he can do a bombing.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I feel like I deserve to be a member of staff compared to the other applicants because I possess every value required and useful for members of staff at Riverside Roleplay. I'm more than enough mature, I have a lot of common sense and I can handle situations very well. I can easily figure out things, I use my knowledge to the best of my ability and I take care of situations very fairly and professionally. I won't fit in any room for playing around with a job like this and I'll make sure to show a lot of dedication towards this.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I'd speak with the rest of the staff team to receive advice on what to do.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Not specifically on Garry's Mod however, I've got experience on similar games to Garry's Mod.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I've got a fairly good amount of experience here, I've been staff in very similar places and I'm a hard worker.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Lots of school, I can lose focus occasionally and I can have a short temper at times.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staff member because I'm more than happy to sacrifice my free time to help improve the roleplay experience for the rest of the community, I want to be part of the team that will help to get rid of all the people who ruin the experience for others and I generally enjoy this type of thing.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Taxman

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
-1 Not enough time on the server, is a minge, and got banned for NITRP a few weeks ago and has not been on the server since.

Last edited:

Gatesway

Community Owner
Community Management
Denied, some of your answers make no sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom