Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Warn of "Discrimination" given for excessive hits

Name: TrustyCatfish
SteamID: 76561198141225566
Member of staff: Khalid
Warn Reason: Discrimination
Why should we remove this warn?: At the very least I would like to warn changed to something else. I placed 9 hits on Pissbread within 2-3 hours. All of the hits failed except for 2 because a very inexperienced assassin named Leo took most of them. Pissbread reported me for harassment and with very little discussion, I was given a warn for discrimination and TPed back to my location.

I have the sit recorded if needed but I should at least be told why i was warned. Discrimination sounds like a very bad thing and I'm not sure how it applies to this situation.

Also, there are any no rules that restrict placing multiple hits on someone. If hits continue to fail I do not understand what the issue is RP wise.

ajfams

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Hello Catfish.
Rule A1: Any concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited. Context is important.
Trent Pissbread had reported you because he felt targeted as you kept on placing hits on him, and you did infact place 9 hits on Trent within the span of 2 hours, with only one of them being completed. This meant you: Kept placing hits on him clearly wanting him dead, waiting for them to expire or be completed, and repeating the process over and over no matter what you were doing.

Discrimination does not neccessarily have to be racist, sexist or ableist as discrimination is the difference in how you treat certain people for whatever reason. You seemed to have a problem with Trent that started before this (which is probably how he knew you were the one placing hits on him) and had started this process of Hit, Wait for kill(or expiry), and repeat.

The reason I did not warn you with rule D12: You may not commit the same crime on one person twice in a row. Meaning if you mug someone, you must mug someone else before mugging that same person again. However, is because technically you are not the one comitting the crime, but in retrospect placing hits is technically a crime.

In summary: You targetted trent for 2 straight hours in hopes of the hits being completed (just because the hitman is incompetent doesn't mean it's okay), and thus treated him differently than others. I felt like discrimination was better fitting by description than targetting (at the time, I was very tired), but now I feel like after some reconsideration that rule D12 better describes your actions (It still is a form of discrimination).

As for "changing it to something else" I don't assume that would be possible? But you could ask some higher up staff members.

Hello Catfish.
Rule A1: Any concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited. Context is important.
Trent Pissbread had reported you because he felt targeted as you kept on placing hits on him, and you did infact place 9 hits on Trent within the span of 2 hours, with only one of them being completed. This meant you: Kept placing hits on him clearly wanting him dead, waiting for them to expire or be completed, and repeating the process over and over no matter what you were doing.

Discrimination does not neccessarily have to be racist, sexist or ableist as discrimination is the difference in how you treat certain people for whatever reason. You seemed to have a problem with Trent that started before this (which is probably how he knew you were the one placing hits on him) and had started this process of Hit, Wait for kill(or expiry), and repeat.

The reason I did not warn you with rule D12: You may not commit the same crime on one person twice in a row. Meaning if you mug someone, you must mug someone else before mugging that same person again. However, is because technically you are not the one comitting the crime, but in retrospect placing hits is technically a crime.

In summary: You targetted trent for 2 straight hours in hopes of the hits being completed (just because the hitman is incompetent doesn't mean it's okay), and thus treated him differently than others. I felt like discrimination was better fitting by description than targetting (at the time, I was very tired), but now I feel like after some reconsideration that rule D12 better describes your actions (It still is a form of discrimination).

As for "changing it to something else" I don't assume that would be possible? But you could ask some higher up staff members.

First off, I would encourage you to Google the definition of “discrimination”. Your understanding of this word is alarmingly incorrect.

Also, you provided me with zero explanation for your decision once the sit was over. I was not able to ask any clarifying questions and was teleported back before the warning was finalized. If you would’ve said “I’m going to warn you for x” I could’ve said “Hold on, let’s make sure we are on the same page”. Then we could’ve avoided this mistake. In the future, it is important that you are careful when describing the reason for a warn. If you are unsure about a situation, try asking a more senior staff member for help.

I strongly advise you to avoid taking sits when you are “very tired”. Your judgement was clearly effected by this and I hope you have not falsely punished any other players due to this poor excuse.

Lastly, to respond to your last statement

“As for “changing it to something else” I don't assume that would be possible? But you could ask some higher up staff members.”

-You must need to take another nap because asking a higher up staff member is exactly what I’m doing by making this appeal.

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Hi,

If you have placed 9 hits on 'pissbread' within 2-3 hours, it counts as targeting.

Therefore, based on your admission that you placed 9 hits on the same person, I am changing your warning to 'Targeting/harassment'

Accepted
- Warn changed to harassment/Targeting

Top Bottom