Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Candy Andy Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
- Candy Andy

1.2 How old are you?

1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
- Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
- 2 years

1.5 Are you fluent in English?
- Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID?
- STEAM_0:0:454811050

1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

- RDM by definition is Random Death Match. This means that you have killed someone without a valid rp reason and this is against the server rules.
- Cian has killed Harry in spawn, this would be rdm as this is a no rp zone.
- Lamby killed Mike with no advert or valid rp reason. This is RDM

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

- NLR means New Life Rule, and is the rule that states that once you have died, you then have no recollection of the people or situations you were involved in your previous life. This also means that once you have died during a certain situation, such as a PD raid, you are prohibited from returning until the situation has concluded.
- Lamb Lamb was killed by Cian during a PD raid. Lamb Lamb ignores NLR and returns to the situation and kills Cian. This would be breaking NLR.
- Crashie was killed during a raid, after respawning he returns to the raid and carries on as if nothing happened.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

- FearRP is the rule that states that you must follow the orders and commands of a group of people when you are held under gunpoint. For FearRP to apply to a player you must be outnumbered by a group of people. Failure to follow the instructions given by the players that have you under FearRP will result in a warn.
- Cian and Lamb Lamb are both pointing guns at Leeroy and they have adverted kidnapping and are telling him to get into their vehicle. Leeroy refuses to do so and runs off. This is breaking FearRP.
- Chief CST Harry and AstCom Matos have Cian under FearRP as they are both pointing guns at him. They tell Cian to put his hands up but, instead Cian pulls out a gun and shoots Chief CST Harry. This would be breaking the FearRP rule.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

- The act of showing discrimination or prejudice against members of the LGBTQ+ purely based on their sexuality.
- Matos has said "I hate homosexuals" in OOC, this is homophobia.
- Harry called someone a "F*ggot" in spawn. This is a no RP zone and therefore this would be homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

- Racism is discrimination or prejudice held against a group of people based on their ethnic background or skin colour.
- Kev called someone a "n*gger" because they said that they were black. This is an example of racism.
- Cian said during an admin sit that he "hates c**ns", This is a racial slur and is therefore an example of racism.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- First I would find the vehicle and remove William from it, I would then ask Joe to despawn the car. After this I would bring both William and Joe to a sit and then inform William that it is against server rules to commit crimes against the NHS. I wouldn't issue a warn for FTA as he did advert however, that is irrelevant as he is not allowed to steal an NHS vehicle in the first place. I would then jail William for 5 minutes and recommend that he reads over the rules. I would then return Joe and close the sit. If I see William do this again, he would be warned.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- First of all I would bring Joe to a sit and ask that he shows me any evidence that he might have. If this shows that William killed him when he was not involved in the PD raid I will bring William and he will be warned for RDM, as Joe was not involved in the PD raid. However, if Joe was actually inside of PD when the raid was taking place this would not be rdm and Joe will be returned and the sit would be closed.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- I would begin by telling Joe to remove all of his props as he is not permitted to build on the sidewalk as this is something that only hobos can do. Joe is not the right job to do so. I would take any further action against William's failure to advert as Joe's base should not have been there in the first place, therefore meaning that it's not a valid base. However, I would warn William for NLR as he has returned to the area that he was killed in and raided the base again. William is not allowed to do this as stated by the NLR rule which states that William is not allowed to return to the same situation or area that he was killed in, unless 5 minutes has passed. This is providing that William isn't responding to the same situation. I will then tell Joe not to build on the sidewalk again or he will be kicked for prop misuse. After this I will return both players and then watch over both parties to make sure no further issues occur.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- I would bring Joe to a sit and tell him that there was an advert for a PD meeting. This means that no major crimes can be committed. As Joe as killed more than 4 people, he is guilty of mass rdm. Joe should not have committed a bombing when there is a PD meeting. I would then ban Joe for mass rdm and inform him that he can make an appeal on the forums if he thinks that the ban was unjust and whether or not I should have produced a different outcome based on the circumstances of the situation.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

- I am a very active player within the server and am willing to dedicate time into the server as staff.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

- I would contact any higher ranking staff members and ask for advice on how to deal with the situation. If no other staff are on at the time I would contact a higher ranking staff member via discord.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

- I do not.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

- Disciplined, Fair and Understanding.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

- Work, College and need to be active in other departments within the server.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

- I want to help the community and make sure that everyone has an enjoyable roleplaying experience.

Have you received any help when creating this application?

- No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

- Yes.

Last edited:
+1 only ever had positive outcomes with him. Never seen him in arguments with others. Seems to get along with everyone. Knows his rules very well and very active. Think he should be given a chance

+1, Candy is someone in game I only have positive situations with and is well liked in the community, I think he would fit the staff role very well!

Thanks, Joshyyy!

+1 Can mostly be a good person, but can sometimes be a bit mingey, but I've never had any bad in-game experiences.

+1 I can't say I've experienced a negative situation with you, application is detailed and you're extremely active and very aware of the rules, overall you definitely deserve a shot at staff, best of luck.

Cheers fella! :)
+1 I can't say I've experienced a negative situation with you, application is detailed and you're extremely active and very aware of the rules, overall you definitely deserve a shot at staff, best of luck.

+1 very poggies man big racist makes him very good choice for staff
and fat chad make this man staff
Thanks for the feedback, and the +1. Although I do not agree with the idea of racism, this is something that I do not condone nor indulge in. Thank you again for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom