Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied AtomicAcorn77's staff app. [Second]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? AtomicAcorn77

1.2: How old are you? 13

1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? A month and a half.

1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:585720335

1.7: What is your Discord? atomicacorn77

1.8: References (if any)? Wolfie, Kai and 22Millz

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is when someone kills someone else with no valid RP reason.
John kills Jeff randomly. John kills Jeff for calling him stinky.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Metagaming is when someone uses OOC information in-character.
John arrests Jeff for saying that he is growing weed in OOC chat. John raids Jeff after finding out he was making cocaine through OOC chat.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is when the enemies guns outnumber yours and you have to comply with orders.
John pulls out a gun and shoots Jeff while Jeff has John at gunpoint. John and his friend pull out guns and shoot Jeff and his 3 friends when all 3 of Jeff's friends have guns pointed.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

Cop baiting is when you try to get police attention.
Jeff slashes a police cars tyres Infront of an officer for no reason. Jeff shoots in the air infront of a police officer for no reason.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination is when someone's desicons are altered by someone's features.
Jeff doesn't give John a promotion because he is transgender. Jeff doesn't let John tryout because he is black.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check logs to see if Dave did advert. I would then tell Tom that he did advert but then also give Dave a warning for crimes against NHS and car minge.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check logs to see if the people who killed were his hits and if they were I would let him go and if not I would give him a ban for mass rdm.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would tell James that he cannot make a base on the sidewalk and then give him a ban for mass RDM.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would give Harry a warning and tell him that base raiding is a major crime and is not allowed I would then refresh him under what crimes are majors and what crimes are not.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I am very enthusiastic towards becoming a staff member. I am also on at times I do not usually see other admins on duty.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If I was in a situation I did not know how to handle I would call upon another staff member for assistance.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I have staffed discord servers and a Gmod server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Enthusiasm

The times I am online

Ability to see both sides

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

School

People may listen to me less as I sound young

Usually not ingame too late

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

Since the first day I joined this server I have wanted to be a staff member. Dale showed me around and helped me so much on my first day I want to be able to make others feel welcome to the server just like I did. I want to keep a nice place by helping stop the people who wish to make it a bad place.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

N/A

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Yes

Last edited:

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

I don't know much about you as a person, seen you in-game sometimes. So I'll have to go off the application, it was lousy and lacking and you got some things wrong in section B. And lastly you are quite young, which in my experience hinders being biased, professional and mature. But I'll keep an eye for you in-game and maybe you change my mind, either positively or negatively.

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
As you do have a good reputation I don’t think you’d be fit for staff you are still immature not in a bad way but just too young and not very wise etc you seem to have a problem with getting any sort of feedback that is bad and the inability to take it on the chin and improve on it

Cheese

Staff Member

Youu do have a good reputation and not too bad of a roleplayer. However, I'm giving your application a negative for a few reasons. Firstly, your application is lacking. It's not very detailed and you only answer with 1 or 2 sentences. Secondly, you are very young in my opinion and you are still a bit immature. Thirdly, you should really focus on school as being a staff member can hinder your focus. (trust me)

Cheers,
Cheese.

Corduroy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

-I’ve roleplayed a good bit with you, we’ve patrolled together as NCA and I can for sure say you’re a nice chap.

-The only drawback is that you’re still a bit young, and even though you’ve got manners and respect, I don’t know how well you would fit into a staff role.

-I’m not against letting you have a chance and see how well you’d do.

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1

you've built up some reputation since your last staff application, and I don't believe your age should be a consideration after seeing you in-game, as well as on RPU Higher-up. (y)

You do have some knowledge about the ins and outs of the rules, but I couldn't help but notice that in section B, specifically under FearRP, there is a mistake. However, there should always be room for improvements ;)Otherwise, your application looks decent, but some explanations in it could be improved and made longer.

Good luck!

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1

Nice guy, knows the rules and is active on the server with a great increased positive reputation! Well done and I think you would be an amazing aspect onto the staff team!

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Member
Neutral - Not had many experiences with him but application looks good, had a pretty clean record of punishments on the server

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied
Seems that your current Reputation within the Community isn't fit for what we are currently looking for in staff member's, please improve this and reapply in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom