Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: steven rogers
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:501758558
Date of ban issue: 28th April
Member of staff: Rashy, Godlez, Mozzie
Ban reason (screenshot): 1714342625026.png
Why should we unban you?: A 3 week ban is way too long for a discrimination sit as minor as this, I have heard plenty of staff and management say lots worse than "Furries should be genocided". I may have said the wrong word and intended to say eradicated but genocide was a go to synonym. I did not target a player for this and instead was talking about someone's chat tag that had been forced upon them.

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
hi steven, the reason you where banned is because people could take major offence to you saying "Furries should be genocided", additionally the custom chat tag was not "forced" upon them. Rule A10 states Do not (attempt to) crash or harm the server or community in any way. You saying something like this could 100% harm members of the community.

Mufaba from congo

Staff Member
Don't try to fool no one u knew what u said u can try to find a way around it by providing an excuse but you knew the second u posted the thing u said that u knew what it meant

hi steven, the reason you where banned is because people could take major offence to you saying "Furries should be genocided", additionally the custom chat tag was not "forced" upon them. Rule A10 states Do not (attempt to) crash or harm the server or community in any way. You saying something like this could 100% harm members of the community.
Initially you banned me for "Endorsing Suicide" now you think I am harming the community. I once heard you talk about bouncing up and down on someone's c*ck in OOC, you were not banned for this so I do not understand how me saying what I did is harmful to the community.

Don't try to fool no one u knew what u said u can try to find a way around it by providing an excuse but you knew the second u posted the thing u said that u knew what it meant
I disagree, I think you have your facts mixed up.

LikeItPlay

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Although I kinda agree with you, that 3 weeks is a bit to long you broke a rule. Everyone can be what they want to be. It is you choice to not like furries but don't go around yapping around that they genocided. Good luck with your appeal tho!

Mozzie

Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Good Morning Steven,

I'm sorry for how you feel about you ban, but unfortunately for what you said you must face the consequences. Firstly, I get you were banned for Endorsing suicide which is wrong, you should have been banned for endorsing genocide which is much... much... worse and is a form of discrimination against a group of individuals and as per the first rule of the server 'Any concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited.'

A1DiscriminationAny concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited. Context is important.

So the reason why you were banned for 3 weeks for 'Discrimination' was because you had been previously warned for 'Discrimination', so seen as this has been an continuous act on your behalf it can now be deemed as continued discrimination which on this server has a punishment of a 3 week ban.

Additionally, as an ex. developer and long time member of the community I ought to believe that you should know that what you said, you shouldn't have said. As Mufaba has stated, you knew exactly what you said and how you meant it. Freedom of speech is accepted on this server, however that does not mean freedom from the consequences.

As staff on this server we are asked to respect and treat everyone with respect, and I hope that goes for you too. I don't understand how what you said is acceptable in your head. If someone had discriminated against yourself in the same way you would want serious repercussions too.

Over this 3 week ban I recommend you think to yourself on what you said and how that could make some people feel so when you return this will not happen again and if it does, further and even more serious punishments will be put in place.

Good Morning Steven,

I'm sorry for how you feel about you ban, but unfortunately for what you said you must face the consequences. Firstly, I get you were banned for Endorsing suicide which is wrong, you should have been banned for endorsing genocide which is much... much... worse and is a form of discrimination against a group of individuals and as per the first rule of the server 'Any concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited.'

A1DiscriminationAny concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited. Context is important.

So the reason why you were banned for 3 weeks for 'Discrimination' was because you had been previously warned for 'Discrimination', so seen as this has been an continuous act on your behalf it can now be deemed as continued discrimination which on this server has a punishment of a 3 week ban.

Additionally, as an ex. developer and long time member of the community I ought to believe that you should know that what you said, you shouldn't have said. As Mufaba has stated, you knew exactly what you said and how you meant it. Freedom of speech is accepted on this server, however that does not mean freedom from the consequences.

As staff on this server we are asked to respect and treat everyone with respect, and I hope that goes for you too. I don't understand how what you said is acceptable in your head. If someone had discriminated against yourself in the same way you would want serious repercussions too.

Over this 3 week ban I recommend you think to yourself on what you said and how that could make some people feel so when you return this will not happen again and if it does, further and even more serious punishments will be put in place.
I don't even remember being warned for Discrimination if ever, it must have been a very long time ago. Just because I was an Ex Developer doesn't mean I should be treated any differently to the regular player. Also I didn't discriminate or target anyone specifically in the community and I found it strange that you say I meant exactly what I said even though I corrected my use of the word 'Genocide' to 'Eradicate'.

Mozzie

Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
You were warned on the 12th March 2024 for Discrimination which is just over a month ago, not a 'long time ago'. And what I mean as to that you are an ex developer is that you should have greater understanding and rule abiding than a regular player. Also the definition of discrimination is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people. So saying that a group of individuals should be 'genocide or eradicate' because of how they identify is classed as discrimination. For example, if we replaced 'furries' with a different group of individuals (ethnicities, age's, sex's, or disabilities) it would be the exact same outcome or possibly even worse. So the fact that you have been given only a 3 week ban, is very kind of us.

Overall, please think before you speak, think about what you're going to say and not only how it will affect you but also the people around you.

Evidence for the 'Discrimination' warn shown below.

Attachments

• 1714405966681.png
    1714405966681.png
    353.2 KB · Views: 5
You were warned on the 12th March 2024 for Discrimination which is just over a month ago, not a 'long time ago'. And what I mean as to that you are an ex developer is that you should have greater understanding and rule abiding than a regular player. Also the definition of discrimination is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people. So saying that a group of individuals should be 'genocide or eradicate' because of how they identify is classed as discrimination. For example, if we replaced 'furries' with a different group of individuals (ethnicities, age's, sex's, or disabilities) it would be the exact same outcome or possibly even worse. So the fact that you have been given only a 3 week ban, is very kind of us.

Overall, please think before you speak, think about what you're going to say and not only how it will affect you but also the people around you.

Evidence for the 'Discrimination' warn shown below.
Being an Ex Developer doesn't have anything to do with understanding the rules, secondly I don't think that warn is from 2024.

Mozzie

Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
I mean that being a previously trusted member I thought you would not be breaking severe rules of the server. Also evidence below shows that you were warned by Taxman on 12/3/24 for 'discrimination'.

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:501758558

Attachments

• SR.png
    SR.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 9

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Hello Generic,

Discrimination is strictly prohibited in our community, and any actions promoting it will not be tolerated.

A1
Discrimination
Any concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited. Context is important.

Genocide of any group of people, regardless of their interests or identity, is a form of discrimination and a violation of their basic human rights.

Given your repeated violations of our community rules, your ban will remain in place.

Please take your time to reconsider your actions and behavior upon your return. Another violation of server rules will result in harsher consequences.

Denied.

Kind regards,
Benny

K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom