Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jewie
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:463830675
Date: 29/04/2024
Staff: Burketon
Reason
Why unban:
I am not cheating I was banned merely on suspicion. Was told to join the discord however, I reset my pc a while back and haven't reinstalled sicord since. Asked the admin why I was being banned for "suspicon of hacking" when there was no evidence and it was merely an allegation and instead of explaining the situation he just said that he was going to go ahead and ban me. I can reinstall discord if its a must to prove my innocence but I had a bad personal experience last time I used discord and have been trying to distance myself from it as to not get upset. I think its completly unreasonable that I have been permenantly banned over a mere acusation without any actual evidence being presented. Thank you.
1714401951688.png

Dreddful

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
I called this sit for possible hacking as this individual had locked onto my head and then instantly locked onto another officers head right after. Upon further investigation, This individual was asked to join the discord to share his screen to prove his innocence. The individual refused to do so claiming he did not have discord even though he has his own DBD Discord promoted in his steam bio. Altogether this individual could have taken the 20 seconds it takes to download discord to prove that he really is not hacking yet he refused to. Video and reason to suspected cheats-
Subject has since removed the DBD Discord link from his steam profile.

I called this sit for possible hacking as this individual had locked onto my head and then instantly locked onto another officers head right after. Upon further investigation, This individual was asked to join the discord to share his screen to prove his innocence. The individual refused to do so claiming he did not have discord even though he has his own DBD Discord promoted in his steam bio. Altogether this individual could have taken the 20 seconds it takes to download discord to prove that he really is not hacking yet he refused to. Video and reason to suspected cheats-
Hi, first off I am not at all seeing this "instantly locked onto head" claim at all. In the clip you provided I fired 2ish rounds before I even hit you. I also seem to have killed you with multiple body shots as you died pretty slowly. The glock I was using was modded with rounds and attachments to make the recoil easier to control making it easier to hit people, that combined with close quarters and over 2600 of hours of GMOD easily explains this clip. The second officer I killed was also standing still making him an incredibly easy target that even my grandma could have killed. How is this proof of some kind of aimbot it looks like you died got upset and made a revenge accusation against me. Second of all, I do have a discord account yes however as previously stated I uninstalled it due to a bad personal experience where I was hacked and had to reset my entire PC and haven't touched it since. The link in my bio has been there for months and I had completely forgotten about it. I have removed the link from my bio this is correct as I had forgotten it was there and this incident reminded me. If any admin would like a link to to this discord to see that it is literally a ghost town that has been untouched for months then I would gladly supply it. In the sit I was making the argument that it was completely unreasonable to ban me over mere suspicion of hacking and that it was the responsibility of the reporter to provide evidence that I had broken a rule (in this case of using cheats) and not my responsibility to prove my innocence. Essentially I was asking why I was being inconvenienced unnecessarily. I already thought this situation was silly enough but after seeing the alleged "evidence" of me hacking that got me banned I am even more disappointed. Again if its absolutely necessary I will reinstall discord to prove my innocence.

Last edited:

Jaf

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Not my appeal, but

Didn't look like he locked onto anyone's head, could've just been fast mouse DPI or hard to see because of the lamppost blocking it.
The part where he refused to show it on discord was a little suspicious, could just be stubborn though, Personally don't believe he was hacking,

Not my appeal, but

Didn't look like he locked onto anyone's head, could've just been fast mouse DPI or hard to see because of the lamppost blocking it.
The part where he refused to show it on discord was a little suspicious, could just be stubborn though, Personally don't believe he was hacking,
Thank you man. I understand your point about me not wanting to go on Discord being suspicious but I honestly had such a bad experience that I didn't and still don't really want to use it again. I was also upset that I was expected to prove my innocence rather than the other way round. Also thank you for pointing out that I didn't lock onto anyone's head I also seem to have killed the guy who made the report with body shots and the second cop was literally standing still.

Reactions: Jaf

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Dear Jewie,

You were unfortunately banned under Suspicion of hacking. Which is a legitimate ban under the current staff guidelines set out by senior staff.
Myself, and another staff member I was training at the time were watching you as we already had our suspicions due to the way you were hitting shots etc. Your movements were sporadic and pinpoint which made us watch you closely. A report was then accepted where evidence was given. We gave you ample time and opportunity to join discord to screen share. You made the claim that you did not have discord, and after 30 seconds of checking your profile you had a discord in your bio that you were the owner in. This discord was still active and I consider what you said to be a lie. Again, you were given more opportunities to join the discord but you failed to do so. You also have multiple game bans on record on your Steam profile which raises suspicion again.
I look forward to meeting you on the discord should you wish to appeal this further.
Kind regards
Burketon

Dear Jewie,

You were unfortunately banned under Suspicion of hacking. Which is a legitimate ban under the current staff guidelines set out by senior staff.
Myself, and another staff member I was training at the time were watching you as we already had our suspicions due to the way you were hitting shots etc. Your movements were sporadic and pinpoint which made us watch you closely. A report was then accepted where evidence was given. We gave you ample time and opportunity to join discord to screen share. You made the claim that you did not have discord, and after 30 seconds of checking your profile you had a discord in your bio that you were the owner in. This discord was still active and I consider what you said to be a lie. Again, you were given more opportunities to join the discord but you failed to do so. You also have multiple game bans on record on your Steam profile which raises suspicion again.
I look forward to meeting you on the discord should you wish to appeal this further.
Kind regards
Burketon
Hi, could you show proof of these sporadic/pinpoint movements as the only "evidence" provided does not show any of this? As I have previously stated I was infected with a virus last time I used discord and had to reset my entire PC and hadn't reinstalled it since. The discord is not "active" I have no idea where you get this from and I would be more than happy to provide an invite to the staff member reviewing this to confirm that it is not active, so please don't accuse me of lying. My point in the sit was that I was merely pointing out that it was unreasonable to expect me to "prove my innocence" (at least in my view) rather than for the accuser to prove my guilt which is usually the standard on all other servers I have played on. I would love to further discuss this with you on discord. I have reinstalled it for this reason and my username is "mrmostdef".

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
The final decision on this matter rests with management and has not been either accepted or denied yet.

Kind regards,
Benny

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Denied - User had cheats on his pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom