Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Barack Ofarmer Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have plated Riverside for at least two weeks. Yes
- Cannot staff another server. Yes
- Access to Discord. Yes
- A working microphone. Yes
- Clear understanding of the rules. Yes

Section A: Applicants background

1.1 What is your in - game name?
Barack Ofarmer
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 Months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:496238971
1.7 What is your Discord? pussmunch
1.8 References? John Fries, Blackhole, Badger, King ET, AutoBans, Godlez, q1pg1.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1 Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM (Random Death Match) is the act of killing someone without reason within roleplay.

Example 1: As Amie and Polly are talking about their day when Amie pulls out an M4 Super 90 and blasts Polly in the head.
Example 2: James is running down the road to Tesco and Ron runs up behind him and stabs him to death with a knife.

2.2 Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) states that you may not interact with anything of your previous life for 5 minutes with the exception of all Government departments own buildings.

Example 1: John dies to Francis the SGT in a Tesco raid, he then returns in order to buy armour from the NPC and kills Francis the SGT.
Example 2: Michael is a PCSO arresting a citizen for assault but Kian counter arrests and kills him, Michael the PCSO comes back and arrests the citizen for assault anyway.

2.3 Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP (Fear Role Play) is a value of your roleplay characters life being just as valuable as your own, therefore you must judge the situation and decide what the best course of action is in order to prioritise your life.

Example 1: Noah and Oliver are holding AK - 47's to Bailey and bailey begins to shoot at them.
Example 2: Alex is holding a SAI GRY to PSCO Allen and PCSO Allen drives away in his police vehicle.

2.4 What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is the discrimination or prejudice of any person due to their sexuality or gender.

Example 1: Leo is being excluded from an RS raid as an RS member after he mentioned that he was gay.
Example 2: David is being raided and in his rage screams the f slur.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is prejudice or discrimination against a person for their race or ethnicity.

Example 1: Jim begins arresting Sebastian and Sebastian retaliates by calling Jim the n word.
Example 2: Logan shoots Adrian with a Glock 17 due to his character being black.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6 William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would bring both parties (Joe & William) to a sit and ask for both sides of their story. I would then tell William that even though he has adverted carjack it is still against the rules to steal an NHS vehicle. If I found William had been previously warned for crimes against the NHS I would give him a further warning along with telling him to check !motd to read the rules for next time. Otherwise if it was one of William's first offences I would let him off with a verbal warning but remind him to be careful next time.

2.7 Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Once I bring Joe and William to a sit, I would ask to see some proof then I would use the information from both parties (if possible) and would check advert logs in order to check Williams claim that he adverted PD raid. If William has adverted PD raid then I would check logs in order to see where William has killed the 6 people, if they are inside PD with Joe who took the shots then I would inform Joe that William has broken no rules and the shooting Joe received was within the rules. However, if I saw that William did not advert PD raid or the people he killed were not in the PD after the PD raid advert then I would ban William for Mass RDM and lying to staff.

2.8 Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the pavement. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would start by bringing Joe and William to a sit and asking to see some proof (if possible), if the proof provided by Joe of William breaking NLR is sufficient then I would punish William accordingly with a warn for breaking NLR. Along with informing Joe with a verbal warning as he is not allowed to base on the pavement unless he is on the role "Hobo". If no proof is available then I would check logs for the duration between Joe killing William and their next interaction of William killing Joe if less than five minutes I would warn William for breaking NLR.

2.9 William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts "Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes" Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
This question sit slightly harder to resolve as the "Jihad" is no longer in the game but I will fill it to my best capabilities.
I would check the time of Williams first advert for the PD meeting and compare it to Joes advert, if Joe has adverted after the initial PD meeting advert from William then I would ban Joe for Mass RDM and if this was like RS now I would inform a higher up of the organisation. However, if Joe adverted before Williams initial PD announcement then I would not punish Joe.

Section C: Questions

3.1 Why should we choose you over other applicants?

In my time on the server I have met injustice and learnt how the system of being an admin works, I believe I could greatly impact the server with fair judgement and amazing hours to put into SOD. I am friendly with majority if not all players of the server and can give punishments I believe to be fair to the people I know and have spent my time with. I have over 300 hours on the server and it's nearly all I know. I am also willing to do the extra things needed to progress further outside of just staffing the server but helping out with everything server related.

3.2 If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would firstly check the staff handbook in order to use the guide there to help with my judgement if that didn't help I would most likely message one of my good friends on discord who is a higher up staff member for advice if there is no one else to help and the handbook is no use I would use my best judgement during the situation to make the call I think is correct.

3.3 Do you have previous experience staffing on servers?
No but I'm looking forward to gaining that staffing experience here and learning from the best.

3.4 List three strengths that you have that will help you with staff:
Kindness/Friendly, Team player, Insane hours.

3.5 List three weaknesses that may affect you when you're staff:
I can be loud, my sleep schedule is strange, I am a student so can be busy sometimes.

3.6 Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to go somewhere further with staffing not just taking sits and solving players issues but also helping the server grow through my own volition. As well as that I want to give back to the community that has given so much to me. I just want to have the role and responsibility that comes with staff in order to help progress for myself and for my career on the server as a player.

3.7 Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

Last edited:

john fries

+1

During the time I have known you have only been a hard worker and someone that is genuinely trying to do good from the community. I knew you from the same hour you joined the server and have watched over you for a long time. You have a basic understanding of the rules as shown in this app. This application is one of the best applications I've ever seen. You have gone into detail on every single rule stated. You have minimal to low punishments and has only one warning on the server. When speaking to you, you have an amazing knowledge of the rules and genuinely enjoy helping people out. You have a great level of common sense, which is shows when asking you questions about things when you are in any Voice Chat. I have personally spent hours in call with you, and you have never asked a silly or stupid question. The only issue that I think could become apparent is if you were to mess around with your friend or if you happened to come across a minge you thought was a YouTuber, you act differently as you want to be involved in their video.

Overall I think you would be an amazing member of staff and arguable a better member of staff than me. If this was declined, I would honestly be genuinely confused, as you have done nothing but help the server.

+1

During the time I have known you have only been a hard worker and someone that is genuinely trying to do good from the community. I knew you from the same hour you joined the server and have watched over you for a long time. You have a basic understanding of the rules as shown in this app. This application is one of the best applications I've ever seen. You have gone into detail on every single rule stated. You have minimal to low punishments and has only one warning on the server. When speaking to you, you have an amazing knowledge of the rules and genuinely enjoy helping people out. You have a great level of common sense, which is shows when asking you questions about things when you are in any Voice Chat. I have personally spent hours in call with you, and you have never asked a silly or stupid question. The only issue that I think could become apparent is if you were to mess around with your friend or if you happened to come across a minge you thought was a YouTuber, you act differently as you want to be involved in their video.

Overall I think you would be an amazing member of staff and arguable a better member of staff than me. If this was declined, I would honestly be genuinely confused, as you have done nothing but help the server.
This is very meaningful thank you John. (y)

So since the time ive known you you have been very helpful with me in game and in PD as i have just got higher up helping me with any questions i have and i am greatfull for that mate thats why i think you you deserve a spot on the staff team and i hope you get a place

Huge +1
Professional in all situations and scenarios, has a great understanding of the rules, don't think I've ever seen him minge, very good application.
Overall a very good fit for a new Staff Member.

+1
Over the time that I have known you, you have consistently shown professionalism in everything you do all while being able to take a joke. You have been extremely active, more active than me even though we joined at the same time.

+1
Good applications got details that needed. Plus, treat all the players in the server with respect and haven’t seen you got reported or warned from staff or players. I can see you on the server nearly all days so you are active as well. So, keep it up you got potential of becoming a good staff member

Last edited:
+1
Good applications got details that needed. Plus, treat all the players in the server with respect and haven’t seen you got reported or warned from staff or players. I can see you on the server nearly all days so you are active as well. So, keep it up you got potential of becoming a good staff member​
Thank you Reaper you're so real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom