Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Benny's staff application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Benny
1.2: How old are you? 29
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? 4 Months
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:529525
1.7: What is your Discord? benny2313
1.8: References (if any)? Hyper And Metropolitan police department.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

• RDM stands for Random Deathmatch; it's used when a player randomly kills other players without proper motivation or reason.

Example 1 & 2:

1. Player One is walking down Main Street while listening to music on his Walkman when suddenly Player Two comes along and shoots Player One.
  2. Player Two goes into the police department and shoots the first police officer he sees, saying 'I hate cops.'

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

• Metagaming is when you gain advantages from out-of-character, Using real-life knowledge or information to affect choices or actions within the game.

Example 1 & 2:

1. Player Two, who is an SCO, dies in a raid but continues to provide intel to his partner on Discord.
  2. Player One and Player Two are robbing post offices. While Player One is robbing the vault, Player Two is parked further away and screensharing his in-game video for Player One to see when the cops are getting close.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

• In role-playing, FearRP is a rule where players are encouraged to express fear or concern for their character's life or safety when facing dangerous situations, adding a human touch to the gameplay experience.

Example 1 & 2:
  1. Player One works in a bank when suddenly a bunch of robbers bash down the doors, rush into the bank, and start yelling, 'THIS IS A BANK ROBBERY!' They aim their guns at Player One and demand that he hands over the money. However, Player One, instead of fearing for his life, simply says no and tells them to leave.
  2. A group of three people is attempting to mug a citizen, but instead of the citizen giving up their wallet, he is trying to run away instead

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

• Cop baiting is when you intentionally try to attract the attention of the police.

Example 1 & 2:
  1. Player One is driving around, purposefully crashing into a police cruiser, attempting to get the officer's attention and intentionally provoking a car chase.
  2. Player Two stands in front of a hotel in the main city, firing his gun into the air to attract the attention of the police. He hopes they will follow him into the hotel, where he plans to start a gunfight.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

• Discrimination involves treating individuals or groups unfairly or prejudicially based on things such as race, age, gender, religion, nationality, disability, or sexual orientation.

Example 1 & 2:
  1. Player One wants to buy a gun from the gun dealer's store, but the gun dealer refuses to sell him a gun because he is of a different nationality than the gun dealer.
  2. Player Two is seeking training to become a PCSO, but the officer he asked for training refuses to do it because he is black.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

• First, I would bring both of them to a secret location using an 'AdminSit' command. Here, I will listen to both sides of the story and calmly explain to Dave that he cannot commit crimes against the NHS or its property. Then, I will check if Dave has any previous warnings related to this behavior before giving a punishment.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

• First, I would bring both of them to a secret location using an 'AdminSit' command. Here, I will listen to both sides of the story. Then, I will check the logs to see if William, who is a hitman, had a hit on Joe and explain that William had a hit on him. If there is no hit recorded, I will issue a warning for RDM. After the sit, I will investigate the three other car bombs to determine if there was any valid roleplay reason for them
2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

• First, I would bring both of them to a secret location using an 'AdminSit' command. Here, I will listen to both sides of the story. I would speak to James about building on a sidewalk, explaining to him that the sidewalk is a public space accessible to everybody. I will then explain to James that if he wants a more private location, he needs to find a building that he can own. After explaining the situation to him, I will go ahead and issue a warning for RDM.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

• I'd teleport to Bobby and have a chat with him. I'd let him know there's a PD meeting coming up real soon, and all the officers will be there. Then, I'd ask if he could advertise 'false' to avoid any misunderstandings. If he continues raiding after I've spoken with him, I would give him a warning.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

You should choose me because I believe I would be a good ambassador for the server. With a record of 0 warns or bans within my 4 months on the server, I believe I have a good knowledge of the in-game rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Ask for help, or try to look into the server rules.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

No.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1; Mature
2; Problem-solving
3; Polite and respectful to everybody

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1; Having a full-time job, can be off-shore as well.
2; My Danish grammar in long sentences can sometimes cause me to mumble when speaking English.
3; Losing focus sometimes.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

To switch things up a bit, I'm enjoying my time on Riverside and figured I could use a new challenge.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

Not what I know.

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Yes.

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Member
+1 Great guy, active and proffesional definetly should be staff

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
+1 Same as Rashy an amazing guy, Dedicated, and an all-know-er. The first guy that I speak to when I need help. Super trustworthy. Make this guy auto Admin.

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1
Great guy, knows the rules well, and overall great activity. I think you will be a great addition to the staff team!

Thanks, Mozzie!

Mufaba from congo

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1
This guy has a good sense of humor and knows his way around people friendly fella that i dont have anything bad to say about
this guy is more than capable of becoming a staff member good activity and is always there to help
you gon get this ben its gonna be light work

+1
impressive punishment history, the application is good, only good interactions with him, very mature and professional when needs to be. never seen this guy mad at anyone you would think his only mode is nice mode.

+1

Sound guy tbh. Never had a problem with him and never seen him get into trouble either. Probs the only HUM in PD that isnt a neek. Deserves a chance.

BobblMan

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
+1 awesome guy, not had a bad experience, very helpful whenever u need him hes there

Accepted. Message any member of staff management to arrange your interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom