Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Big Gav Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Big Gav
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I played a while ago before all the wipes with Kyousuke and Curving.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:530845913
1.7 What is your Discord? biggav
1.8 References (if any)? Kyousuke and Curving

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is when you kill someone for no valid roleplay reason, it stands for random deathmatch.
Example 1 - When you walk up to someone and shoot them with a gun for no valid reason. Example 2 - When you're driving by in a car and someone randomly shoots at your car with the intention to kill you.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR stands for New life rule. This means that if you get killed, you cant remember what happened and go back to where you were just killed. Example 1 - You're a robber that's just been killed by a member of the Police Department, you then track him down after you were killed and kill him to get revenge. Example 2 - Youre a Police officer that died in a raid and you return after to collect your vehicle.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear Rp is when you need to co-operate with roleplay Examples: 1. You are walking along, wanted for robbing the bank when a Police X5 pulls alongside you and 5 heavily armed SCO members are all pointing their guns at you. Example 2. You are foot patrolling by yourself and 4 heavily armed individuals kidnap you (their weapons are pointed at you)

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is using derogatory terms to offend someone because of their sexual choice, such as men liking men or women liking women. Example 1 - You kill someone and they come back and start calling you a f*gg**. Example 2 - You get angry at someone because they rdmed you and you call them a f*g

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is when you make inappropriate comments to someone because of their ethnicity. Example 1 - Calling someone the N word. Example 2 - saying anti-Semitic slurs.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would let both sides tell me what happened from their point of views so i can get a better understanding of the big picture. I would let Joe know William did in fact carjack however he should not be stealing any NHS vehicles in the first place. If William was new and was not aware of the rule, I would give him a verbal warning and direct him to where the rules are so he can have a read through them so he isn’t in this situation again.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both members to a sit and hear both sides of the story individually. Then I would check advert logs to see if William adverted PD raid, then I would ask for any photo or video evidence that showed if William killed Joe inside PD or if he was just killed randomly. If there was video evidence I would go from there and give out any punishments that need to be given, such as RDM if Joe was killed randomly.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring them both to a sit and let them explain what happened from their perspective. I would explain the Joe that he is not allowed to base on the street. Additionally, I would let William know that he must advert raid. I would also check kill logs to see if William had broken NLR and give him a punishment for that accordingly. Depending on their responses I may give them a verbal warning or a small jail and link them to the rules so they can have a good read through them.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First of all, I would freeze Joe just to make sure he didn't start rdming again. Then I would explain to him that he cannot participate in major crimes during a PD meeting because all PD are unavailable. I would take a look at his warns to see if he was sticking to the rules previously or not. If he has many previous warns I would ban him for being a minge. If he had no previous warns I would warn him for RDM, this would be if this was a one off mistake. Usually I would not go for the extremely lenient option.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I think you should choose me because i have quite a calm personality which means im not going to get angry and randomly start shouting and screaming at people. I can handle situations in a relaxed and calm tone. You should also choose me as i have prior experience in staff roles on gmod and other games which shows that i can be trusted and im a reliable candidate. I would also be quite active at times where not many staff members are online.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask for a higher-up to help me and advise on how I should deal with the situation at hand. I believe it is always better to work as a team and help others out when you can.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yeah, I've been staff on a few DarkRp servers over the years and also multiple CSGO community servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I'm relaxed, reliable and I'm quick at adapting to new scenarios and situations.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Would probably only be online after 3 on most weekdays due to work but on the weekends, ill be on whenever.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?I want to help people who need it and punish rule breakers who ruin the experience for everyone else. I like solving people's problems and don’t mind sacrificing my time to help others. I think I could help decrease the number of rule-breakers and tell people their mistakes and what they could have done differently. I think I could be a valuable part of the team and do some good for this community.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

+REP
Good fella, would be a good member of the staff team. Seen as staff on other servers.

+1
-Known him for years and i've been staff with him on a DarkRP server called "ASAPGaming", also been staff with him on a CSGO Jailbreak Community server called "Extreme Network". Both servers are long shut down unfortunately.
-I believe he would do good in this position because he knows how to deal with people and how to treat them correctly.
-Will definitely need some getting used to gmod commands because he hasn't been in use of commands for ages

Mathew

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Natural
I think your application is okay but I cant say Ive really seen you in game. But good luck for your application

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Neutral
I dont think I have ever seen you in game but your staff application looks very detailed. Good luck

JSR

Neutral

Not sure who you are nor have I seen you on. However, the application looks great.

Azz

This application will remain open as you haven't been seen on recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom