Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Bobness's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobness

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Bobness

1.2: How old are you?
18 years old

1.3: Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside?
Started around 2019 when I started playing Garry's Mod

1.5: Are you fluent in English?
Yes

1.6: What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:443923189

1.7: What is your Discord?
bobnesso

1.8: References (if any)?
None

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM refers do "Random Deathmatch", it is the act of killing a player without a valid reason.

Example 1: John just spawned in and is walking to the car dealer, Marcus stumbles into John, unprovoked, Marcus decides to shoot and eventually kill John.
Example 2: Lilly went to the PD to bail her friend out, Patrick sees that and decides to knife down Lilly.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples: Metagaming is the act of using out of character information as an advantage in character.

Example 1: Mahmed tries to sell drugs to Pedro, Pedro is an undercover agent and arrests Mahmed. Mahmed get's mad and in reveals in OOC that Pedro is an undercover agent. Later Pedro meets
with another player named David. David saw Mahmed's previous message and decides to scream to Pedro that he is an undercover agent and runs away.
Example 2: Tylor writes the keypad code to Benjamin's base in OOC. Layla sprints to Benjamin's base and raids his base using the code for easy-access.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is the concept of when you should fear for your life as you would in real life.

Example 1: Mourn walks down the street, two armed and equipped masked individuals mugs Mourn. Mourns is armed but is outnumbered and scared for his life.
Example 2: Lillith is trying to raid Phillips and Benjamins base with a knife, while lockpicking a door, Phillip and Benjamin sneaks behind her and tell her to put her arms up. Lillith complies thus' shes
outnumbered.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: Cop baiting is when you purposely committing a crime in front of the police with the sole intention of drawing the police's attention to you.

Example 1: Yawato is besides a police officer on duty at a red light. Purposely he revs his engine and flies forward past the red light to get the police officer to chase him.
Example 2: Masham drives his car max speed into the rear of a police officers car. He then drives away forcing the officer to give chase.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: Discrimination is treating some people differently from others, either because of their race, gender, sexuality or etc.

Example 1: Mahmed is muslim, Joakim decides to host a party. Mahmed was refused entry because he is a muslim Joakim stated.
Example 2: Tylor told Jerome to "go back to the zoo where you belong you monkey" because Jerome is of a darker skin colour.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

After bringing both to the sit, I would tell Tom that Dave indeed adverted the carjack. But would tell Dave that he it's against the rules to commit crimes against the NHS. Depending on Dave's prior
history and punishment guide, I would verbally warn or strike Dave for "Crimes against the NHS". Then return both of them.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly I'd go to the hit-logs, check the hit and the three other hits, and if they are valid hits and fits William's story. And punish accordingly to my findings.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly I'd address to James that Gun Dealers may not base on the side-walks, only hobos have that privilege. As for James killings, I'd check if he had adequately given warning to Garry. Then
address the other killings he had done. Depending on the answer of him and other three people he'd kill, I'd punish him accordingly.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

As "base raid" is considered a major crime, and Commander Harry gave adequate warning even after Bobby made the advert. I see it fit that Bobby gets a warning.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
You should choose me because I'm a hard-working person. I am also quite active and I properly learn the insides and outsides of the job. I am unbiased when most needed and can uphold a
professional demeanor at any time.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I reckon Trial Moderators get a mentor, so I would go to my mentor for help. If said mentor is unavailable, I would follow the chain of command or go to the other staff online for aid.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, been staff on various game modes and various ranks.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Activity, I stay active on the server and play it daily a couple of hours.
Dependable, once I'm tasked to do something like a sit or something similar, you can depend on me to fulfill said task(s).
And adaptation, I am human, even though I don't want to I will probably make mistakes. I learn from my mistakes and better myself and I don't let it bother me and I move on.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Work, will affect my activity and perhaps productivity.
Competitive, I take every challenge I face and I try to be the best even though it may cause problems.
Difficulty setting boundaries, I am usually bad at setting boundaries and know when to stop being direct even though it may sound insensitive. (basically I say what I think)

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to become a staff member to help the server, I see staff struggle with many tickets and then I want to aid them but can't. So I decided to take initiative and try to make a change.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Negative

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Corduroy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Always on the server, really active.
Always there when you need him.
Never had a negative encounter with Bobness.

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1

Great guy! Knows the rules, and I haven't seen him break any in-game yet. I'm sure he will be a good staff member on our team.

With that being said, he can be a bit cheeky at times. ;)

+1/Neutral
You are quite active, you seem to know your riverside stuff especially since you have been playing in the more og riverside, application is good and my interactions have been pretty chill with you.

Mozzie

Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
+1/Neutral

Active on the server, know your riverside rp rules and application is good. Overall, a nice addition to the staff team!

Mozzie

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Accepted
Please Contact a member of Staff Management for an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom