Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted ChrisP's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? ChrisP
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Two and a half months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:143151682
1.7 References (if any)? Finnley

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
-Random deathmatch is when somebody kills somebody else without a valid reason, One example of RDM is when a thief kills a PCSO just because they dislike the police. Another example is when somebody buys a knife/gun and proceeds to walk down the street shooting and killing everybody they see without a valid roleplay reason.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
-New life rule is where you cant return to the place you died or interact with your last life, It also means that you cant return to the situation that you died in. For example, if a police inspector was shot and killed in a PD Raid, They can not return to the situation and carry on shooting at the raiders they have to wait until the situation is over before they return to the PD. Another example of NLR is when a drug dealer is mugged and killed by a thief, then the drug dealer who was killed originally respawns and tracks down the person who killed him and kills them back.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
-FearRP is when you are held under gunpoint and outnumbered, Whilst under FearRP you have to do what the people holding you under gunpoint tell you to do. One example of somebody breaking FearRP would be if they are held under gunpoint by three police officers instructing them to put their hands up and stand against a wall, Instead of following the officers instructions they pull out a gun and start to shoot the officers. Another example of somebody breaking FearRP would be if they were under gunpoint from 2 LM members who are mugging them and instead of dropping the money they begin to run away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
-Homophobia is a negative prejudice that somebody holds against members of the LGBTQIA+ Society. One example of somebody being homophobic on the server would be if 'Alex' found out that 'Joe' identified as gay. and 'Alex' went out of his way to shout homophobic slurs at 'Joe' in-game chat. Another example of somebody being homophobic on the server is if 'Alex' was a gun dealer and 'Joe' tried to purchase a gun from him. But 'Alex' turned around to 'Joe' and said "I don't serve gay people". As this would be discrimination.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
- Racism is when somebody holds a negative prejudice against somebody because of their race or their ethnicity. An example of somebody being racist on the server is if 'Alex' who is white, went up to 'Joe' who is an Asian and started to put racist slurs in chat and started describing how he dislikes 'Joe' because of his race and claims he shouldn't be allowed to play on the server. Another example of racism on the server is if 'Joe' was playing as a citizen with a black player model, and 'Alex' was a police officer who refused to help 'Joe' When he asked for help because 'Alex' didn't want to help somebody with a black PM.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
-First of all, I would teleport to Joe and ask if he knew who stole his ambulance. After getting the name of the person who stole the ambulance I would teleport to them and freeze the vehicle. Then I would inform William that stealing NHS vehicles is against the rules as it is a crime against NHS. After that, if it was the first time he had been reported for stealing NHS vehicles I would give William a verbal warning for stealing the car and if it wasn't his first time then I would warn him. After dealing with William and putting him to the side of the road I would pick up the car and take it back to Joe informing him that William has been dealt with and ask if there was anything else I could help him with.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
-Initially, I would bring Joe to an admin sit on a rooftop and ask to hear his side of the story. After hearing Joe's side of the story I would bring William and inform him that Joe has reported him for ARDM and then proceed to ask for his side of the story. After hearing Joe tell me that he was conducting a PD raid I would check the chat logs to see if he adverted PD raid around the time of the killings. After discovering that he did in fact advert for a PD raid 2 minutes before shooting at Joe, I would ask Joe where he was when he was being shot. I would then inform him that William shot him because he was in the PD during a PD raid. I would then return both people to where they were before the admin sit.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
-First of all, I would initiate an admin sit and bring them both onto a rooftop. After bringing them both I would then ask for their sides of the story and ask if either of the people involved had any video evidence of the event. After taking both sides of the story and any evidence, I would initially inform Joe that he can not base on the pavement as a drug dealer and that only hobos can build houses on the pavement. I would give him a verbal warning if it was his first time being caught breaking this rule, And if he had already been told about the rule I would warn him for basing on the pavement as a drug dealer. Then I would speak to William and inform him that he has to advert every time he wants to raid somebody's base, I would also inform him that when he drove back to kill Joe, he was breaking NLR and should not have returned back to where he died to exact revenge upon Joe. I would make sure he understood what rules he had broken and warn him for Failure to advert and for NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
-I would start by bringing Joe to a rooftop and asking him if he was aware that suicide bombing is considered a major crime. Whether he did or didn't know that he was breaking the rules, I would still explain to him that because there is a PD meeting taking place he cannot do a suicide bombing because it is a major crime. I would end the sit by warning Joe for doing a major crime during a PD raid.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
-You should choose me over other applicants because I am very active on the server, I would take my responsibilities as a staff member very seriously and aim to improve the experience of those on the server whilst I am on duty. I am very reliable and can be trusted to carry out tasks professionally.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
-I would first of all, refer to the rules and double-check my knowledge against them. Then, if I am still unsure of what to do I would contact another member of staff either in-game or via discord asking for them to inform me of the correct steps to be taken.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
-Yes, I have previously been a moderator on other gmod servers so I have experience using ULX and other similar admin software.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
-I am dedicated, I am often active on most evenings in the week, I can handle stressful situations that are thrown at me, and will most likely be able to work my way through any issues that I may face whilst on duty.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- Inability to play during weekend days due to being at work, I often overanalyze situations, My computer sometimes freezes when I am on gmod because it isn't great.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
- I want to become a staff member because I enjoy helping others, I also want to become a staff member to help maintain standards within the community, enforce the rules, and to improve the experience of other players whilst on the server. I think that if I was a member of staff I could become more known within the community whilst also getting to know many more people than I would normally interact with on the server.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Negative
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

+1, lovely guy, knows the rules and is active.

However I cannot believe you forgot my reference. Just joking of course.

+1
Haven't talked much with you however from the little interaction i've had with you, you seem like a nice guy, haven't seen you ever causing trouble.

+1
Active
Can have a good laugh
Seems like you would make a good addition to the staff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom