Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Corduroy’s Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corduroy

Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Corduroy
1.2: How old are you? 18
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? About 4 weeks.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:392076000
1.7: What is your Discord? hoppseoy
1.8: References (if any)? N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM stands for Random Death Match and occurs when a Player slays another with no previous warning or negotiation, thus adding no value to RP. (i.e Mark is walking around the mall when suddenly, he gets stabbed and killed by Robbert./ Mark is peacefully and lawfully driving his registered vehicle to the BMW mechanic to get his AC fixed, when he gets shot and consequently blown up by Robbert.)

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples: Metagaming occurs when a Player uses Out of Character (OOC) information to their own advantage. (i.e Robbert is on a Discord call with Mark, Mark gets kidnapped and stripped of his Comms, yet Mark is still able to tell Robbert the names of the kidnappers and where they’re taking him through Discord call, making Robbert able to go rescue Mark./ Robbert asked in OOC chat if anyone could help him set up a Money Printer at Leslie Green church, Police Constable Mark took that as an opportunity to raid the church, destroy the money printers, and sub-sequentially arrest Robbert.)

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP, as the name suggests, is the act of Role-Playing real life Fear. FearRP is broken when a Player does not abide or mimic real life fear for any situation that regards their well-being or physical integrity. (i.e Mark is getting mugged at gunpoint by Robbert [advert: Mug | Drop 3k or die], Mark has that amount of money on him, but decides he’s not a bitch, turns around and starts running./ Police Community Support Officer Robbert is “performing his daily patrol duties” when he gets ambushed at gunpoint inside his vehicle during a TikTok break by 3 masked, armed Players [advert: Kidnapping], yet, Robbert figures his Audi RS’s windows are bulletproof and sets sail.)

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: Cop baiting is used to describe the ludicrous, devious activity of gaining the attention of Police for no RP reason. (i.e Mark is roleplaying as a well-behaved, upper class man. He’s got no Police record and to him, crime doesn’t compensate. Yet, to celebrate the acquisition of his perfecrly-legal-DVSA-registered-34-year-bank-financed Lamborghini Urus, he decided to drift in front of 3 parked PD units to see if he could lead any of them on a fun chase./ Robbert stabs a PCSO once and quickly runs away [no reason for the sudden stab was previously or posteriorly given by Robbert].)

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: Discrimination is the outspoken prejudice upon a certain Player, or a group of Players, merely based on their Race, Ethnicity, Accent, or Speech Disability [or any congenital/genetic/cultural factor that can’t be, or won’t be changed] either In Character or Out of Character. (i.e Inspector Mark tells Cadet Robbert that he cannot be trained to become a PCSO because Robbert speaks with an Irish accent./ [OOC: ‘N-word N-word N-word N-word N-word’])

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both into a sit, tell Tom that Dave did advert it indeed, but carjacking NHS vehicles is considered a crime against NHS, and against the rules by itself. I’d proceed to warn Dave, and return the Ambulance to Tom.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would check hit and chat logs to see if William’s story is corroborated and if it was properly adverted.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would pull the two [and other involved players] into a sit, hear both sides of the story, ask for clips if necessary, and if not proven otherwise, hold him accountable for MRDM (x4).

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? [I am actually unsure if Base Raiding is a major crime or not but if it is:] I’d explain it to Bobby, and if needed warn him following standard procedures. [if it isn’t:] I’d tell Bobby that he’s good to go, and explain to Harry that Base Raiding is not a major crime.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I’m very active, I’d like to say I always stay a good sport and act mature, and never take anything personally. I’m empathic, and even out of staff, I’m always ready to help fellow players. I am eager to learn and be shaped to the best interests of the community.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Ask CoC for a helping hand in my sit.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I am active, selfless [as in my Ego won’t get hurt], and firm.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: My accent can be difficult to understand in some rare occasions. I tend to under punish [if given a good attitude and thus a reason] . I am sometimes a bit indecisive.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I often see staff overburdened with tickets, not being able to give a swift response to everyone, I believe one new addition to the team would be extremely beneficial both for the Players and other staff members. I am eager to help Riverside become more pleasant to everyone.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Last edited:

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

good person, a good roleplayer and is fair and unbiased when most needed.

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1

Good application, active in-game and follows the rules, think you would be a good staff member!

Thanks, Mozzie.

Cheese

Staff Member
+1
Quite active, nice application, and a sound guy. It would be great to have you on as staff.

Swishy06

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Nothing personal just never seen you on. But im only on certain days so you might be on the days and hours im not on

Neutral 1
I've seen you on server a few times mostly NCA, but you roleplay well and seem like you would be a good candidate for the staff team.

That is from my good interactions with you however, your rule knowledge is a tiny bit lacking in the application. (B14 rule for example, if you knew it and implemented it into your answers it would have upped my rating). Otherwise, the application is alright.

Neutral / +1
I have never seen you around Riverside that much, although that very well could just be myself being myself OR us barely interacting with each other.

You have no warns, so it bumps it up a bit. Although you were banned in 2018 in the past for LTAP and Staff Diss for a week, but that's well in the past.

Your application seems good, you're unsure of one question and that's fine. And the answers are simple and to the point, which is something I always like to see.

I am neutral however I am leaning to the more positive side of a +1. Keep up the good work

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral.

I have never seen you around Riverside, which is why I'm sticking with my choice, sorry! But your application looks solid.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Accepted
Please contact a member of Staff Management for a staff interview

Status