Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Cory J’s Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks.✅
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).✅
- Access to Discord.✅
- A working microphone.✅
- Clear understanding of the rules.✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.✅
- Do not mention other communities by name.✅
- Style your application so it is easy to read.✅
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.✅

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Cory J
1.2 How old are you? 13
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 4 Months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Indeed.
1.6 What is your SteamID STEAM_0:0:460014030
1.7 References (if any)? Jer, Nitro

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM Stands for Random Death Match and is the act of killing somebody with no Roleplay reason behind it at all.

EX1:
Josh is walking down the street and Tom walks up to him with a Super 90 and shoots him for no reason.

EX1:
Bobby calls Chris an idiot then Chris shoots Bobby in the face, This would be RDM since insulting somebody is not an initiation to combat.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR Stands for New Life Rule and it’s a rule that states you can’t return to your place of death from your previous life for at least 5 Minutes, your also not aloud to interact with the situation again for at least 5 minutes, such as a Bank Raid.

EX1:
Cory does a PD Raid and kills Cameron in the PD Raid, Then as soon as Cameron respawns he goes straight back to the PD and kills Cory while the raid is still ongoing.

EX2: Tim was robbing the bank then an SC019 Officer comes over to stop the robbery but then dies. Then as soon as the SC019 officer respawns they came straight back to the bank and killed Tim while the robbery was still ongoing.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear RP is a rule in RP servers that means that pretty much means if your in a certain situation where you would be scared in real life then you must Roleplay as if you are scared.

EX1:
Jeffrey is kidnapping David then David shows no fear and tells Jeffrey to “piss off” then walks away.

EX2:
Tommy is being mugged at gunpoint by Adam then Tommy pulls out a gun when Adam already had a gun out, and starts firing.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is hating somebody based on their sexuality.

EX1:
Arthur says that he is a Homosexual then Harry calls him a F*ggot.

EX2:
Josh finds out that Barry is Bisexual then starts targeting him and mugging him just because he is Bisexual.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is hating somebody because of their race/ethnicity

EX1:
Bob says that he is from Africa then Callum calls him a Monkey.

EX2:
Johnny find out that Niko has black skin colour then Johnny calls him a N***er.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Explain to William that you cannot commit any sort of crimes against NHS Workers or their vehicles, such as Mugging, Carjacking, and more. Then I would give him a warning for Crimes Against NHS. I would also inform Joe that William did advert carjack and I would tell him that next time before he makes a report scroll up in the chat to find it or check the console using F10.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would explain to Joe that William hasn't done anything wrong because if a PD raid is active and your in the building you are KOS (Kill On Sight) to the person that is raiding it.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I will first ask for proof of this situation, or if I saw it for myself I would first give Joe the money that he would’ve earned from his stolen drugs.

Next I would explain to William that he has failed to advert and broken NLR. If he doesn’t know about adverts or NLR I would explain them to him then give him a warning for FTA and NLR. Also put him in a cage for around 2-3 minutes and advise him to read the rules by using the “!motd” command in chat.

I would also still issue 2 Warns even if he did know about Adverting and NLR.

Then after I have dealt with William i would
explain to Joe that only Hobo’s and Hobo King’s can build on the sidewalk. Then I would give him a Verbal Warning since building on the sidewalk as the wrong job isn’t that serious of a rule break.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first ask whoever reported this for proof. Or if I witnessed it myself I would Explain to Joe that while a PD meeting is active you cannot commit any major crimes such as bombings. Then I would find out if Joe is a new player. If he is a new player then I would hand him a warn for MRDM and cage him for 2-3 mins and advise him to read the rules with the command “!motd”

Or if he is not a new player and has been playing for a fair amount of time I would make sure he gets banned for MRDM

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I’m extremely active on the server, I do very well when working with other people.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would read over the MOTD to try find the answer. If that doesn’t help then I would call a more experienced staff to help me with the situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Nope.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Problem Solving, Cooperative, and Patient.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
School could limit my activity on the server.

I’ve never been staff before so It could have an impact when dealing with situations.

I am pretty young so most people may not take me serious when in sits.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I really want to be staff because I would love to help the community by staffing this server, I’m also tired of experiencing/witnessing people minging and breaking the rules and doing stuff when no staff are online, when it would be so much easier to punish them if I was staff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Nope.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Of Course!

+1 i could imagine you benig pretty decent staff as you are friendly, excited to see what others think

+1 I think Cory deserves a chance at staff as he is very friendly and the application is really good

+1

I think cory is a very active member of the riverside community, and from my run ins with him, although few, I think he would be good as a staff member so from me, +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom