Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Cory J's Staff Application V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cory J's Staff Application

- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. ✅
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest). ✅
- Access to Discord. ✅
- A working microphone. ✅
- Clear understanding of the rules. ✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one. ✅
- Do not mention other communities by name. ✅
- Style your application so it is easy to read. ✅
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week. ✅

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Cory J

1.2 How old are you?

1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
5 Months

1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Definitely

1.6 What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:460014030

1.7 References (if any)?
Mohammed Sayeed,
Jer,
Jimothy,
Pizza Man,
Caeden,
Mozzie,

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Standing for "Random Death Match") Is a term used in roleplay and is the act of killing somebody with no affiliation/roleplay reason behind the killing at all.

EX1: Caeden is on his way to the car dealership when Timmy comes over and asks Caeden, "Do you like my hat?" Caeden responds with "No, It's ugly" then Timmy proceeds to pull out a knife and kill Caeden.
This would be classed as RDM since insulting somebody is not initiating a fight.

EX2: Billy is driving his car, on his way to BP when he accidentally crashes into another driver called Josh, Josh takes no damage from this crash and Billy apologises for crashing into Josh, but then Josh pulls out his Super 90 and shoots and kills Billy.
This is RDM because even though Billy accidentally crashed into Josh, Josh took no damage from the crash and had no reason to fire back.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (Standing for New Life Rule) Is a rule in roleplay that states once you have died in a certain situation/place, You are not to return to that place of your previous life for at least 5 Minutes.

EX1: Jimmy was raiding the bank when an SCO19 Officer comes over to the raid and attempts to stop Jimmy, Jimmy then kills the SCO19 Officer, But then as soon as the officer respawns he instantly runs up the hill to the bank and kills Jimmy while Jimmy was still raiding it.
This would be breaking NLR because the SCO19 officer returned to the bank after his death while the situation was still ongoing.

EX2: A man named Toast attempted to raid a drug base owned by a man named Phil, Phil kills Toast because he tried to raid his base. Toast then instantly drives back to Phil's base and raids it again.
This would also be breaking NLR because Toast didn't wait 5 Minutes to return to the area if he wished to raid it again.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a rule in roleplay and it means that basically if you were in a situation where, for example: 2 people had you at gunpoint and were mugging you, You must roleplay as if you are scared and cant just act as if you have no fear because you have 2 guns pointed at you.

EX1: Pizza man is being mugged with 2 guns pointed at him, Pizza man while unarmed and defenceless, proceeds to tell the muggers to piss off and walks away.
This is breaking the FearRP Rule because Pizza man showed no emotion/fear while being mugged with guns pointed at him.

EX2: Cameron has just robbed the bank, he is now on the run when 5 ARMED Police Officers surround him and point guns at him, Cameron then proceeds to pull out his gun and fire back.
This would be breaking FearRP because Cameron had 5 Guns pointed at him before he had even pulled his gun out.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is the act of dislike/prejudice against a person, based on their sexuality.

EX1:
Arthur announces that he is gay in OOC, Then Mark responds to him by saying "haha lol you fa**ot".

EX2: Callum find out that Terry is Bisexual, Callum then proceeds to target Terry and mug him while saying "im going to keep mugging you because your a fa**ot lol"

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is the act of dislike/prejudice against somebody just because of their skin colour or ethnic background.

EX1: Abdul was having a conversation in OOC and tells the other person that he is from Pakistan, Charlie then spams OOC with the sentence: "leave the server you p*ki".

EX2: Josh tells somebody that he has black skin colour, Jackson then keeps chasing Josh and calling him "ni**er".

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first bring William and Joe then listen to their sides of the story, If its clear that William has stole the NHS car (if I have been shown evidence or witnessed it myself) I would explain to William that you are not aloud to commit any kind of crimes against NHS members or their vehicles.
Then I would
find out if he is new to the server, If he is pretty new to RP I would Jail him then advise him to read the rules using the command "!motd" in chat.

If he is NOT a new player or has had warns in the past for Crimes Against NHS, I would hand him a warn for "Crimes Against NHS".

I would also inform Joe to scroll up in logs by using F10 before reporting somebody for FTA.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First I would bring both of them then listen to their sides of the story, Then I would find out if William had actually adverted PD Raid, If he did advert it I would inform Joe that when a PD Raid is active and you are in the building, The raider will class you as KOS if you are not assisting.

If he DIDN'T advert PD Raid he should either be banned/warned for MRDM (Mass RDM) depending on his behaviour in the past.

If he has had warns for RDM in the past I would call a HU admin to ban him for MRDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly I would obviously bring them both then hear their sides of the story, Then I would find out if William is a new player.

If William is not a new player or has had warns in the past for similar offences, I would tell him that he has broken NLR and done FTA and RDM, Then I would warn him for FTA, RDM, and NLR then tell him that next time he should remember to advert when raiding a base.

If William IS a new player I would explain to him what RDM NLR and FTA is, Then I would Jail him and advise him to read the rules using "!motd" in chat.

Then I would tell Joe that as a drug dealer you cannot built on the sidewalk and that only Hobos and Hobo Kings can, Since building a base on the sidewalk isn't a serious rule break I would give Joe a verbal warning,

If Joe knows how much his stolen drugs are worth I would give him the money that was stolen from him, If he doesn't remember how much they were I would contact a HU staff and see if I could help him any other way.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would firstly bring them both then listen to their sides of the story, I would then explain to Joe that he has committed MassRDM,

I would then find out if Joe is new to the server, if he is new I would explain to him that when a PD Meeting is active you cant commit any major crimes such as bombings, I would still hand him a warn since he killed 10 people, Then I would also Jail him then tell him to read the rules using "!motd"

If Joe is NOT a new player I would contact a HU admin to ban him for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I am very kind to people.

I believe that my reputation in the server is good and most people like me and respect me in the server.

I have amazing knowledge of the rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would re-read over the MOTD to see if it will help, if it doesn't I would contact an experienced member of staff to help me.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
No

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Patience
Dedication
Honesty

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

As a 13 year old, I still go to school during the day which may slightly affect my activity as staff.

Again since I am 13, People may not take me seriously when I am taking a sit.

If this gets accepted, It would be my first time becoming a staff member.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

Because from watching other people play as SOD, Staff seems like an extremely interesting and fun job to play as.

I also would love to help this community because the community are amazing and don't deserve to have their experience ruined by rule breakers.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Sure

Last edited:
+1 Reasons below
+1 Very active on the server
+1 Good understanding of the rules
+1 A nice person to be around

Azz

+1 Definitely improved reputation on the server, good app and active

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1 good guy, active, nice, good fit for staff

Denied - at this current moment in time we are looking for individuals who are incredibly active and show potential to progress through our staff team with little to no issues. Since you lack experience and other basic requirements for this wave of applications, you may reapply in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom