Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Daniel Spears Staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Member Requirements:

- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. /
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).
- Access to Discord.
- A working microphone.
- Clear understanding of the rules.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.

Do not advertise your application in any way. This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Daniel Spears
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Over 2-3 years
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:526598067

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM means Killing someone for no apparent reason.
Someone was getting annoyed because he was kicked from a department, so he goes over and kills him/her without an rp reason.
Someone new joins the server and goes up to someone else and kills them that then comes to NITRP

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR means New Life Rule you die so therefore you're a new person.
When you get killed and you come back to the same scenario or area trying to rp as the same person.
You get killed, and then use the information from the past life for your own gain/others.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is when you have a gun pointed at you and refuse to follow orders.
Police are pointing a gun at you attempting to arrest you and you pull out a gun.
In a kidnapping, someone runs through the doors while guns are being pointed at the doors after being told not to.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Discriminating against someone who homosexual.
You find a gay person and call them a “fag**t” ect ect.
A group of people are holding a protest against homosexuals.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism can being defined in several different ways = using someones racial past against them.

Going around calling people “Ni***rs”
Somebody in the police department pulls someone over for being black.
Police or any other department treats somebody different because of their skin colour

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First off, its not allowed to steal NHS vehicles
(D10NHS vehiclesYou are not permitted to steal NHS vehicles.)
so I would warn William for stealing an NHS vehicle and I would inform Joe that he did advert carjack but he is not allowed to steal NHS vehicles.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Check logs to see if William did advert PD Raid,
Scenario 1: William did not advert PD raid, I would then ban William for 2 days for RDM x 6 (Mass RDM) depending on how he acted in the sit, he would receive longer.
Scenario 2: He did advert PD raid, I would let Joe know that he did advert PD raid and show him proof. I’d then say to William “sorry for the inconvenience, have a nice day” and then return William. I’d then make sure Joe understands the fact that William did advert and make sure he doesn’t hold a grudge against him in RP.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both of them to a sit, I would then check logs to prove Joes story of what happened and make sure everything is correct and I would then refund Joe the money for the drugs and his gun if he lost one. I would then return Joe back to RP, and I would then ban William for 4 days for FTA, NLR, RDM and selling all his drugs after breaking those rules = Fail RP.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring Joe, make sure he knows what he has done by ignoring the major crimes advert. I would then proceed to ban Joe for 5 or 6 days depending on how he acts in the sit (if he lies) I would then go to all the people that died and refund them for anything they lost to a certain extent.

Section C: Questions
3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I think that you guys should choose me for my dedication to riverside and I believe that I can make a real difference in the community and make riverside more noticed as a community as there would be more decent staffon there. And I believe that my teamwork skills are an asset to the staff team. And I believe my maturity level and my ability to work under pressure would be beneficial to the Riverside staff team. And I believe from my past experience on Riverside has taught me how to act and how to not act, and I believe that being a part of Riverside will be good mentally as well.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would check the rules and the staff handbook and then contact other staff members that are either the same rank or lower than me. If I didn’t get any help there I would proceed to contact higher ranking staff about the situation. If I’m the only staff member online I would try to contact staff through discord if I have no luck then I will tell the person that I will get back to them when there is another staff member online.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes I do. I was a Community Manager on Solar Networks, I’ve also been owner on a Dark RP called Fluffy Networks, I’ve also been a Senior Moderator on a Mafia RP called City of Thugs. And I’m a head of staff on a mafia Minecraft server etc etc.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

My ability to work under high pressure,
My teamwork skills,
My maturity level.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Feeling like I don’t belong,
My special needs,
Feeling like I didn’t do the best I can do.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to become a staff member on Riverside because I believe the community can grow again and I want to be a part of that, and if Riverside becomes big again (as in be the talk of GMOD PoliceRP like it was and people have a good opinion on it)
I want to be able to say we did that. And I really want to help the community, make it a place where everyone can come on and have fun. And I want to make Riverside the best RP community out there again. I also want to help people have the best experience they can and also get involved with the community. I just want to be a part of a fun community again and feel like I belong somewhere, and I truly feel that the Riverside staff team is the perfect opportunity for me.

Have you received any help when creating this application? no
Do you consent to further fact checking and background checking? Yes

Last edited:

You have been back less then 1 week
mentioned other communities by name
Copied your last application from 2021
1664623795757.png

3.7 is missing,

and the application is a copy of a previous one.

Denied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom