Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied David Jointelsky Staff Application!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

David Jointelsky
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
I played for a couple months back in 2019, and have played for about 2 months around 2 months ago.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:215039925
1.7 References (if any)?
no1zombiefreak

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is when you kill somebody without prior roleplay or reasoning, such as a mugging or kidnapping. If you walked up to someone and shot somebody randomly without interacting, it would be RDM. If somebody had swore at you or got in your way and you killed them that would be RDM.
2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR stands for New Life Rule and it states that once you die, you must start again as if you do not remember anything from before you died, such as if someone was an undercover officer or not, you could not go back and tell everyone. An example of NLR is returning to the same place within 5 minutes of dying there, and another is when you use information from a previous life (before death) in a new life for your advantage.
2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a rule which details that you must follow peoples instructions within reason (ex: breaking rules) if they outnumber you and have weapons. FearRP however does not apply if you have a weapon out before they outnumber you. An example of this is 4 people jumping out of a car and aiming guns at you, you would have to follow their rules. Another example is you having a gun out and 2 people walk up to you, you would not be under FearRP as you had a gun out first.
2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia, by definition, is the dislike or prejudice of homophobic people. Homophobia can be if you treat or say something to somebody simply because they are homosexual. Two examples of this are if you decide not to let someone assist you because they are homosexual, or calling somebody homophobic slurs/insults because they are homosexual.
2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism, much like Homophobia, is by definition the dislike or prejudice of people based on race. Racism can be using racial slurs against somebody with intent to hurt or offend them. Two examples of this would be not allowing somebody to join a department because they were of a different race, as well as treating somebody differently due to their race.
Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both to a sit, and then I would explain to Joe that he did advert carjack, however he still broke a rule by committing crimes against NHS. I would then go to William, and let him know that this is not allowed. I would then check the history of William, and if he has done this before I would warn/jail him depending on his history. If he understands and is apologetic I would let him off with a warning and ask him to read the rules to ensure he does not get into trouble now.
2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first bring both to a private area, and when I hear the story from both parties I would check logs to see if William did advert. If he did not, I would likely ban him for the appropriate amount of time for MassRDM as he killed 6 people for no reason. I would also check the people who he killed and ask them if they were at PD or not to ensure he did not advert and then kill people at unrelated locations.
2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first bring both, get the story from both parties and then look into the incident. Once I gather all the facts, I would tell joe that he is not allowed to base on sidewalks, and ask him to move it after the sit. As for William, I would inform him that he needs to advert when raiding, and warn him for failure to advert. After this, I would also warn William for NLR as he went straight back to Joe and sells all his drugs after killing him, which is NLR and RDM. I would include all these reasons in a single warning to ensure that William was not instantly banned by the AWarn system. I would then jail William for 300 seconds and ask him to read the rules. I would then return both, ensure that Joe removes his props and end the sit.
2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first check the time since William had adverted a PD Meeting, if it is above 1 minute then I would bring Joe and ask him about it. I would then check to see when Joe joined, because he could have connected after the advert and not known. If it turns out Joe had known, I would warn him for RDM or potentially ban him for MRDM depending on the understanding of the rules, whether the bombing was deliberately in the PD Meeting time or if he knew there was one going on.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

You should choose me over other applicants because of the many experiences, skills, traits, qualities and knowledge I have. I have experience staffing other servers, which allows me to staff the server in a more knowledgeable, sensible and correct manner. My skills include the fact that I have a high knowledge of the rules which will allow me to correctly punish people if they violate the rules and be able to deal with sits faster. I have multiple traits which include dedication, work ethic, activity and professionalism and more make me the ideal staff member and a prime candidate for a staff position. Regardless of my standing with any person, I will ensure I will remain the exemplar staff member and not waver from my overall goal, to better the server. I have a high range of knowledge whether it spans from simple locations to in-depth specifications of rules, I know more than the average person and this is what makes me the best applicant for this position. Considering all of my skills, experiences, knowledge and qualities that I have, I should be chosen over others.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would first try to figure out the situation myself, and if I am unable to figure it out I would ask the people involved to wait a minute while I ask another staff member either in-game or via discord for some help. I would ensure that I try my best to find the information for myself so I am able to fully understand the situation for any further situations that I may encounter during my time as staff.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have experience as Moderators and Admins on other PoliceRP and PrisonRP servers.
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I believe my unwavering work ethic will help me when staffing because regardless of what could happen I would ensure that it does not discourage me from doing my best as a staff member. My activity is a big strength that I have which will help me as staff due to the fact that I will be able to be on the server on a consistent basis, as well as be a staff member when none others are online which does happen. I believe my ability to learn and adapt to changes and differences will benefit me while staffing, due to the fact that I will be able to adapt to situations as they change as well as rules being added/removed or something like that.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I believe my ability to let a joke go too far could affect me, as this can lead to me being seen as slightly immature or unprofessional. I also believe the fact that I am whitelisted on almost every department/sub-department could cause different commitments and mean I am unable to staff at certain points.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I wish to be a staff member to not only better myself as a person, but the server as well. I have played the server for not as long as most people who would apply, but in this time that I have been playing the server I have seen multiple things I could've helped with if I was a staff member. I strongly desire to become a staff member so that I am able to gather more experiences and knowledge than I already have, as well as be a part of an ever-growing community and make an impact on the community, playerbase and server as a whole. Since the day I joined the server, I have looked up to one single person, and that would be Badderman. Despite issues we may have had, I have always thought he is a good staff member, he always helped me with everything he possibly could and made the server better. I look up to Badderman as a staff member simply because of the way he operates, he doesn't give in to anybody and ensures things are left correctly. I want to become a staff member so that I am able to take what I have learned and seen in the past, and from staff on this server, and continue the same level of enthusiasm and commitment on Riverside too. I wish to be staff so that I am able to make the server better.
3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I am diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autism) and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD).

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

I'm pretty sure your currently banned for MRDM? Before applying for staff i think you should rebuild your reputation in the community.

neutral- yes you were banned for mass rdm but people can change would like to see if you did or not but from your past you probably wont get staff but if you do it would be great to have you back

Denied lol, you do not have the correct attitude to become staff putting aside the fact you are still banned for MRDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom