Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Disconnected Accidentally and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: TheRiffRaff
SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003205059/
Date of ban issue: 16/10/2023
Member of staff: Pootis on Duty
Ban reason (screenshot):
1697482958393.png

Why should you unban me? : How hard is it for admins and mods to check why someone left? It should say my connection was disconnected, as I think my internet cut out, and I didn't leave voluntarily!

Before I could even get back in to explain (2 mins at most) I was banned for 3 days.

Last edited:
Shit sorry! Ive just gone through my computer logs, trying to figure it out, because my internet came back up so quickly.

It wasnt my internet, it was me accidentally pressing ALT F4!

I have an ALT F4 quickbind/Steam mod thingy on my computer, and I accidentally pressed it.

So I understand this is my fault, even though it was an accident!

Last edited:
I have a keybind/steam mod thingy to close my current window, thats what I mean. Like ALT F4 but for gmod

Last edited:
Its the ALT-F4 Ragequit enabler on steam, you can look it up, but Unfortunatly I didnt mean to use it on purpose this time haha

Can I please please, get benefit of the doubt on this one, and i'll unbind it from the key its on and be super careful next time. Being arrested is a just a high stress, keybash kinda moment, hence the accidental hit.

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
Hello Theriffraff do you have a clip of your game when your internet went down?

Sorry, I don’t, I know that really doesn’t make it any easier for you.
Also as said in the replies, it wasn’t my internet, it was me accidentally pressing a key bind that closes gmod, so I’m aware it’s my fault, it was just an accident

I don’t know how I could show it? It just hard crashes the gmod instance. It’s on steam, just to prove it exists haha. It’s called : ALT-F4 Ragequit enabler in the workshop, that’s what I have.

Could someone take a look at the example video above, just to prove I can accidentally hard crash gmod

Any mods or admins on that can take a look? Been two days now, and I think I’ve proven what happend!

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
Accepted.

Just be careful because if this happens again I will likely just deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom