Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Downy's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants Background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Downy
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 weeks
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:110298972
1.7 What is your Discord? dicksuckingmachine (unfortunate, I know)
1.8 References (if any)? Q1JP1, Legal Lee, Arctic, John Fries, Reaper

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random Deathmatch - When a player is killed without a valid roleplay background/context.

Example 1: Diablo Brochevsky shoots Peter Smith in the head for the reason “I don’t like the way he walks with all that swagger”

Example 2: Diablo Brochevsky, angry after being warned for RDM, goes on a mass killing spree, killing everyone in sight. Seeing as there is no possible explanation as to why he would need to kill those people, it would be MRDM (Mass RDM).

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule - The premise that once you die, you start a new life with no in-character memory of what happened in your previous life. Along with not returning to the location of death for 5 minutes.

Example 1: Royal Syndicate Member Tom Smith is killed in a raid at RS Mansion, he is incredibly upset that the government is seizing his illegal cocaine setup - so he immediately goes back to kill them.

Example 2: Officer Lightning McQueen was brutally murdered during a counter-arrest firefight, in an attempt to get revenge he spawns in and shoots the enemy dead before they could react.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP - One should always be mindful of their characters situation, as you should act like you only have one-life (Like IRL).

Example 1: John Mark Anthony III is walking down a dodgy alleyway, when he is suddenly approached by 2 men holding assault rifles. They advert in chat and demand the sum of £3,000. JMA III doesn’t want to hand over his precious money, so he whips out his pistol in attempt to kill them both.

This is an example of breaking FearRP, where JMA III was held at gunpoint and should have gone through with the muggers’ demands - as he should have feared for his life. Instead, he acted like he was a bootleg John Wick, and met his end.

Example 2: The Royal Syndicate are out shopping looking for a hostage to negotiate for, they come across Frances Osborne. They kidnap and all 4 of them whip out their guns. Frances, realising that she is obviously outnumbered - hands herself over and takes part in the hostage situation.

This example shows the user abiding by the FearRP rule and fearing for her own safety and life.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Sexism - The discrimination against someone’s sexual orientation and sexuality.

Example 1: Saying the F slur.

Example 2: John Larkin and his gang of homophobes target Mike Cox because they believe he is gay. They kill him, hostage him and shout homophobic slurs at him.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism - The discrimination against someone’s skin colour and/or religion.

Example 1: Saying the N slur, C slur, P slur etc. etc.

Example 2: John Larkin and his gang are back, looking for their next victim to bully. They know someone on the server who has the character model of a black man - because of this, they repeatedly kill him whilst shouting the N slur.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

There are several ways to approach this kind of situation, but it all depends on William’s priors. However, I will first check to see if Joe’s claims line up by checking logs.

Seeing that William did advert carjacking, we can dismiss that part of Joe’s report. This doesn’t dismiss the fact that William stole an NHS vehicle, which goes against the “No crimes against NHS” rule.

If William has no priors: I would explain to him the rule and tell him to re-read the rules on !motd. Verbal Warning.

If William has priors: Explain to him that what he did was wrong and give him a warning.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

To fully verify what happened I first would ask both sides if they can provide any clips, so I can assess the situation quickly and conclude.

Possible Scenarios:

• Joe was in PD at the time of the raid, therefore no action would be taken. I would explain to Joe why he die.

• Joe was outside PD and got caught in crossfire, unfortunate but it happens. Joe should be more cautious about standing outside active raids.

• William, mid-raid, walks out of PD and goes out of his way to mow down any innocent bystander. RDM, Warn, case closed.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First of all, I’d tell Joe that building on the sidewalk is a privilege exclusive to the Hobo job. No matter the situation, William should have adverted raid before raiding. William goes back to the “raid” to break NLR and kills Joe - selling all his drugs in the process - FailRP.

Joe would get a warn for basing on the sidewalk, William would get 2 warnings: 1 for NLR and 1 for not advertising raid. I would check logs to see how much William made from selling Joe’s drugs and get him to give the money to Joe. If William is being a stuck-up, I would get an admin to take the funds and transfer them to Joe.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

William did state “No major crimes” in his advert, so Joe would be getting a warn for MRDM and a 5 week ban.

However, this wouldn’t happen seeing as there is no longer a Jihad job.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I’m not an incredibly strict admin, however I am still fair. I am relaxed in situations and try to calm things down when I can - because at the end of the day it is just a game. I’m confident in my actions and I am perfectly capable of taking on large sits on my own. I also have lots of experience in the game itself, more on that in 3.3.

I’m always willing to help with anything when I can - whether it be providing my opinion, teaching someone something, suggestions - I’m always able to confidently bring my point across in a direct manner.

Playing on the server I have had many experiences, but as many of you know I am currently a T Sicerio in the RS. Only 8 days ago I was a Recruit. The reason I’ve been promoted so much in such a short amount of time is because of my activity and impact I have on the RS team. I want to take this impact server-wide.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If available I would ask an online staff member, who has more experience than me, for advice on what to do with the situation. If there are no other staff members online, I would ask in staff chat or contact my mentor.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes. I’ve been playing Garry’s Mod for 6000+ hours on my main account. During that time I have been with dozens of communities - many of which have come and gone. DarkRP, CityRP, Jailbreak, TTT and more. I’ve been staff, graphic development, “helper” and have always felt comfortable with sharing my ideas and suggestions to improve the player’s experience on said server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
During intense situations where I need to mediate, I am able to completely detached myself from either side - providing a completely unbiased opinion.

I am a quick learner, where in situations I have not been placed in before, I am able to easily adapt.

I find great enjoyment from talking to people, whether I know them or not. My level of extroversion helps create a welcoming environment to new players and to those in admin sits. I know how to deal with people who are disrespectful and I know how to handle things in a professional, yet relaxed, manner.

I don’t really care about people’s opinions on me. If someone doesn’t like me, that doesn’t affect my ability to help other people out.

I’m incredibly active (thought I’d throw in a bonus strength there <3)

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Not really a weakness, but more of a personal criticism that may deter those from respecting me as a staff member:
my humour is being heavily sarcastic and sometimes, not taking things as serious as they should be, however as a staff member I know that being in an authoritative position I need to uphold the reputation of the server as best as I possibly can.

Haven’t had admin privileges in quite a while, due to a 1 year hiatus from Garry’s Mod, so some training from a mentor would help.

Im colourblind but it’s not that big of a deal.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
Look guys, I’m not gonna bore you with an entire essay on wanting to pick people up with my phys gun. But I’ll talk shortly about the experiences that have made me want to give back.

When I joined the server, like many, I had a lot of questions. Sending an @ call would immediately get those questions answered by an admin TPing to me and explaining whatever dumbass question I had. I want to be able to give that back to new and current players on the server - because no one likes not knowing how to do something.

I have been saved countless times by admins, whether I’ve been stuck upside down in my car, getting MRDMd or even in sits where admins have always given unbiased opinions. Enforcing the rules in priority number 1 on the server, and that would also be my main priority as an admin.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I’m colourblind, but that shouldn’t have an affect on my ability to staff the server as I have colour correction settings on my monitor.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
Had a few tips here and there.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Go for it. Any questions, you've got my discord.

Last edited:
+1

• Kind & Respectful
  • Good Application
  • Understands The Rules
Overall, a great member of the community and deserves to join the Staff Team.

+1, Good application, is a mature person and havent see him get into the trouble.
Fit for staff

+1
For the short time I've interacted like them they seemed like a good person, I honestly thought they were already a staff member.
Also a great application. Cant wait to see you in the staff team!

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1

Quite active on the server, understands the rules well and never seen him break them ever, good person for staff.

But the only issue I have with the staff app is the amount of playtime on the server other than that its solid staff app.

+1

Quite active on the server, understands the rules well and never seen him break them ever, good person for staff.

But the only issue I have with the staff app is the amount of playtime on the server other than that its solid staff app.

Hello mate,

first of all I would like to thank you for your message of support and, if you wouldn’t mind, I would like to address your second paragraph.

yes, true. I do not have as much playtime as many of the other applicants you get on this server. However, during the short time I’ve been apart of the server I have well-embedded myself into the community and have had experiences with (nearly) every active player.
I have shown my loyalty to the server and I don’t plan on stopping my loyalty anytime soon.

Thank you for your kind words and constructive criticism.
Cheers lad <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom