Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Dreddfuls Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreddful

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
1.1: What is your in-game name? Dreddful
1.2: How old are you? 23
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? A couple weeks.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:115375017
1.7: What is your Discord? im_dreddful
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is killing someone with no valid RP reason.
Ex.1 - Raff is a PD standing outside of PD, Miyagi a citizen walks up shoots and kills raff for no reason. This is classified RDM.
Ex.2 -Godlez has initiated a Tesco raid, godlez has finished the tesco raid and has gotten away successfully without being classified as Threat To Life(TTL) when out of no where miyagi comes upto Godlez and shoots him. This is classified RDM.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples: Metagaming is using OOC, or out of game knowledge to your advantage.
Ex.1- Miyagi as weed grower has just put in OOC that he doesnt know how to do the weed grower job and has stated that he has entities placed down and needs help figuring it out and gives his location away. Roman Aigner being NCA goes to this location with the intentions of arresting mr Miyagi for Possession of illegal drugs. This is Metagame.
Ex.2- Raff and I are in a discord call, Raff being on T me being in the PD. Raff is getting ready to start a raid of some sort, when I beat him there and am ready to take him down as he starts the said raid. This is classified Metagaming.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is not valueing your own life.
Ex.1 - Being in a 2 to one situation with guns drawn on you and drawing a weapon to get yourself killed instead of being arrested.
Ex.2 - Me being NHS and pulling upto an ongoing firefight and instead of valuing my life I go in and combat revive/heal.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: Cop Baiting is purposefully getting the attention of cops just to get into a shootout or car chase.
Ex.1 - Dreddful is driving down the road when he sees two cops. Dreddful is bored on the server so he pulls out his gun shooting at the cop car for no reason getting them to go on a carchase with him.
Ex.2 - Godlez is sitting outside of PD in front of multiple officers with a knife slashing their tires to get a reaction out of them and get them to interact with him.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: Discrimination is the unjustified treatment of people based on their beliefs, ethnicity, age etc.
Ex.1 - Dreddful is hosting a PD meeting. Dreddful is talking and is stuttering a bit, when Raff says " Can we get someone else to lead this meeting other than this sc sc scrub." This is discrimination.
Ex.2 - Johnny is hosting Cadet trainings and is gathering everyone. Out of no where a girl arrives wanting to do cadet training. Johnny declines stating PD is for men. This is discrimination.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both parties to a sit, I would read logs and tell Tom that Dave has clearly adverted Carjack, however seeing as Dave has stolen a NHS Vehicle which by rule D13 is not allowed. I would then conclude this sit with a verbal or a warning depending on the staff handbook.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring Joe and William to a sit, Explain to William why he was brought to a sit. I would then check hit logs within the blogs. Seeing as when William had a hit on Joe and cannot control when the car bomb goes off. Making this not mass RDM nor RDM. I would still however explain to william to try and be a bit more careful and end the sit.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would being both parties to a sit, seeing as James is a gun dealer and not a hobo. Rule C1 states that only hobos are allowed to build on Sidewalks. That being said The killing of Garry and the other 4 people will be considered MRDM and he will be dealt with according to punishments handbook.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring Bobby to a sit explain to him rule B14 which states that when a PD With the right rank adverts PD Meeting | Starting 5m | Important Topics | No major crimes, Then there are no PD Raids, bank raids, base raids, store raids, bombings and kidnappings or anything considered a major crime.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? Honestly there is no reason I should be chosen over other applicants, but what I will say i have a lot of time on my hands with nothing to do other than play GMOD. I try to be cool with everyone on the server and believe that I have no problems with anyone. I will be fair and unbias during any situations. And I will the job to the best of my ability with the knowledge I have from rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would first look over staff handbook or rules, If I cannot find my answer there if there is a mentor system I would ask my mentor or my direct higher up.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes. With over 7,798 hours in GMOD most of those are staffing on other servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
A. Patience, if you can't be patient during sits. Sits can go nasty really quick.
B. Time- I have a lot of time on my hands so theres nothing stopping me from staffing.
C. Communications- Without good communication skills staffing can get hard, Having good communications really helps.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
A. Chemo- I do have to go to the hospital every few weeks for Chemotherapy in which sometimes I take my PC.
B. I am a bit to friendly. I have a hard time saying no to people.
C. Schedule. My schedule is a bit messy at the moment ever since leaving the hospital after beeing there for a month and a half.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I would like to become a staff member because I truly believe with the chance I can show that I have what it takes to help take care of the server and our community. I have enjoyed the past couple weeks on the server am just ready to take a bigger role within the server. I am friendly with all of the staff and would like to work alongside them and learn from them.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I do have cancer, Only impacts could be having to goto Chemo, Physical Therapy.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I haven't seen you around much, which isn't quite enough for me to vote for you just yet. That's why I've made this choice, sorry!

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Corduroy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

-Very funny lad;
-Lot of time on Gmod;
-Ok application;
-Active;

Yours truly,
Corduroy

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1

Nice guy, active on the server, knows the rules well. Think you would be a good fit for staff!

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

I haven't seen you much personally on the server and I haven't had many interactions with you when you have been, it's not enough for me to vote yet.

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

Havent had a massive amount of interactions with you but what I have has been positive. All the best

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Played with you many times on PD, very fun and an engaging role-player. I reckon you'd be a good fit for the staff team going onwards!

Cheese

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1
He has called me bald but he's a nice guy, good roleplayer, and I do believe he would be a nice fit for the staff team.
His application is not too shabby.

(y)

Sky1ine

Staff Supervisor
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Management
Staff Member
Accepted

Contact me on discord (rory1702) to arrange an interview

Status