Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Fins Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Fin
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2019-2020 On off. And about a month this year.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:89651170

================================================================================================================================================================================

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Death Match, Killing somone for no valid rp reason.
Example 1:
Jon just changed job to police and is walking to PD, Clay sees Jon and kills him for no reason other than for Jon being police.
Example2:
Amy is a gun dealer and spawns herself a super 90, She sees Philip in the street and kills him because she wanted to see how much damage the gun would do.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule, using information from a previouse life in your current one.
Example 1:
Meghan Is a drug dealer and William raides and kills her, Meghan respawns and comes straight back to her base to stop and kill William.
Example 2:
Andrew gets carjacked and killed by Steve, once he respwans he finds Steve and kills him for carjacking him.
2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear RolePlay is trying to preserve your characters life.
Example 1:
Jon is being held at gunpoint by Amy and Maya, he must comply with Amys commands e,g Mugging, kidnapp etc
Example 2:
James is speeding and gets pulled over by 4 armed officers, James then jumps out of the car equips a gun and starts shooting even though he was outnumbered and unarmed when exiting the car.
2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the the act of prejudice towards someone becuase of their sexuality but is very much context based, in character it is allowed to an extent but OOC it is not tolerated .
Example 1:
Philip and Andrew are having a romantic walk on the beach and get killed by James, Who then verbally abuses them OOC for Gay RPing.
Example 2:
Sam who has the pride flag as his PP, is called a fa@~ot by Mike in the OOC chat.
2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism, similary to homophobia is context based but instead of being prejudice because of someones sexualtiy is is becuase of their race.
Example 1:
Aaron, a black admin, Is called to a sit with Jamie. Jamie refuses to listen to Aaron and says "I don't listen to n-word". This is racist as it is nothing to do with RP.
Example 2:
Jim joins the game and starts spamming racist comments in the OOC chat such as, "the ch@~ks started the virus". This adds nothing to RP.
================================================================================================================================================================================
Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring them both to a quite place and check the logs to see if William did advert carjack, If he didnt I would then warn him for FTA and return Joe. I would then talk to William as NHS vehicles are exempt from carjacking and ask If he has read the rules, I would check his warns to see if he has had warnings for this before, if he has I would ban/kick him for NITRP as he is purposly not following the rules if not I would urge him to read the rules before continuing to play to avoid this in the future.
2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would check the logs to see if William did advert, if he did I would then ask Joe where he was killed to. If joe was killed outside of PD e.g at bank. I would warn William as PD raid doesnt allow you to kill any and every PD officer only thoes in/around PD. If he did'nt advert PD raid but instead just entered and killed 6 people I would ban him for MRDM. If he did advert and Joe was killed inside PD I would tell Joe to keep an eye on chat to see if there is a raid going on and listen to the PD radio. I would also check to see how long ago William adverted PD raid as he must leave once there is no monitory gain from it.
2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
There are multiple problems in this, firstly I would warn William for FTA and NLR as he didnt advert "Raid" and then once he died he came back and killed Joe. I would also warn Joe as drug dealers are not allowed to build on the street and advise both of them to read the rules.
2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Depending on when the bombing occured would depend on Joes punishment. If as soon as the advert was up Jon bombs the 10 people I would let him off as the meetings doesnt start for 5 minutes and he might not have seen it. If however he bombed 15 minutes after the advert I would Ban him for MRDM and NITRP as he can clearly see there is a meetings and still procedues to bomb everyone ruining the RP for everyone. I would revive or TP everyone that died back so that they can resume the RP.
Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I spend an good amount of time on the server and am almost always on it. I have good knowledge of the rules and am a fast learner . In my two years of playing I have only had one warn for whitelist abuse back in 2019. I also used to be staff on this server a little while before it was closed down and enjoyed it and always looking to help.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask another admin for what they would do and what I should do before deciding on what action to take so that in the future I could reslove this on my own.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Active- I spend a lot of time on the server at different times and see there is a lack of SODs available to help.
Rules- I have good knowlede of the rules and I am a fair person
Experience- I have a little bit of experience with being an admin on the server.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Confidence- I second guess myself a lot and like to get a second opinion on a lot of things.
Rules- I like to follow the rules to the letter so if there is something not in the rules I might struggle a bit
Slow- Sometimes I am a little bit slow as I like to know all the facts before making a decision.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I am very active and see that sometimes there is not a lot of staff on so I would like to help out so that everyone can enjoy the game fairly. I am on alot at night when a lot of staff arnt so people think that the rules do not matter so I could help stop that.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Attachments

• Warns.PNG
    Warns.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 20
This is a fairly decent application, you're a chill dude and I've seen you in-game a lot.
+1

Your application looks decent, From the interactions i have had with you seem like a good person , Plus one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom