Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted flx

Status
Not open for further replies.

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? flx
1.2: How old are you? 17.
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? I originally started playing in 2021.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:539420903
1.7: What is your Discord? .jakec_
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM, also known as Random Death Match, is where you kill another person without a roleplay affiliation.
Example 1: Player A goes up to player B and kills player B because he felt like it.
Example 2: Player A bank raids, Player B goes and kills player A without any roleplay reason.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
Metagame is where you use external or unobtainable knowledge to your advantage.

Example 1: Player A says his location in OOC for his friends to come pick him up, Player B, who has a hit on player A, uses that information to complete his hit. Player B has just metagamed for using external information to their advantage.
Example 2: Player A dies during a raid, Player A then uses external communications, discord, teamspeak, team chat etc, to provide information to his friends. Player A has just metagamed for providing information whilst dead to give his friends an advantage over the owners of the base.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is where you have to fear for your life, you must value your life as much as possible.

Example 1: Player A has 4 guns pointed at him, Player A then pulls out a gun and start shooting, Player A has broke FearRP for not valuing his life to the upmost possibility.
Example 2: Player A & Player B have taken Player C as a hostage, they attempt to raid Tesco, as the robbery during the robbery, Player C believes he can outrun Player A & Player B, Player C has then attempted to run away whilst being kidnapped & have two firearms pointed at him, Player C has broke FearRP for not valuing his life accordingly.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Cop baiting is where you intentionally commit crimes in front of PD, NCA, SCO etc with the intention to get a reaction which can lead to a pursuit, shootout etc.

Example 1: Player A goes to Player B (police) and shouts "I have a gun, I have a gun!"and then proceeds to drive off which results in a pursuit.
Example 2: Player A starts shooting his gun in the air, when he notices police start coming after him, he puts his gun away and starts to run away.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:
Discrimination is where you purposely target/mistreat someone dependent on if their skin color, if they have any disabilities, such as their age, their gender, sexuality, pronouns etc.

Example 1: Player A has difficulty saying certain words & has a speech impediment, Player B then proceeds to mock & taunt Player A for struggling.
Example 2: Player A has made it public that he is transgender, Player B is known for disliking people who are transgender, Player B then proceeds to harass & taunt Player A with slurs, comments & remarks about Player A being transgender.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first bring them to a sit, I would then proceed to ask for both sides of the story, making sure both parties have a fair say in the situation, I would then proceed to ask for evidence regarding this situation. Once it has became apparent that Dave has indeed stolen an NHS vehicle, I would inform Dave that it is against the rules to commit crime against NHS, and then he is not allowed to be car minging, I would then provide both of the rule numbers, and direct Dave to the rules for him to have a read over, I would issue Dave a warning for his behavior, I would then return both individuals.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first check if the statement about him having a hit was valid, if the information is correct, I would inform Joe that it was indeed a hit, I would then advise William to avoid doing car bombs around a group of people.
On the other hand, if the information was incorrect and it was not for a hit, I would warn for RDM x4, and if there was intentions to commit a mass murder, I would liaise with senior staff members to get their opinion on the situation at hand.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring them both to a sit, I would then ask for both sides of the story to get the reasoning for Garry being banned from the shop, I would then ask for people to provide any evidence that they may have, If they evidence is clear, I would deal with the situation accordingly, dependent if Garry was actually banned from the store, I would then ask to see how James informed Garry about this information. I would also speak to the other people James has killed in that period of time, if possible, and issue the appropriate punishment, if any, I would then keep an eye on the store & James as a person for any potentional rulebreaks.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would teleport to Bobby & move him to a secluded area away from the base, I would politely let him know that a base raid is considering a major crime, I would then direct Bobby over to the rules and request that he reads them to prevent any confusion in the future, as this is not a serious rulebreak, and more of a harmless & honest mistake, I would not warn in this situation, if this repeats in the future then a punishment would be advisable.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am active within the server a fair bit, I constantly try to help where possible, I try to be as approachable, mature & fair in situations that involve myself, I always strive to improve in everything I can, I have built up relationships with management, staff members & community members, I have previously been in trusted positions within the server which gives me the upper hand over other applicants as I have shown I can be trusted & do what is right.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would follow the chain of command, if possible, and ask for them to assist me, I would explain the situation & see if we can come up with a solution for the situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have over 6400 hours, but it has been a few years since I have been in a moderation position for Garrys Mod, other games I have recently resigned from a Management position.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Communication, communication is key when dealing with confusing & stressful situations.
Dedicated, dedication is key, when especially when you are the only staff member on dealing with an influx of reports.
Experience, my experience from being in a Management position previously can assist me as I can deal with complex & stressful situations accordingly.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Heavy hearted, I am unable to see when people are using me, or being my friend for a gain.
Annoying, I can talk a lot, sometimes too much.
Fairness, When I feel like a situation is not fair, I will speak up and sometimes that can get me into trouble.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
As mentioned I played this server back in 2021, I had a lot of IRL issues going on all around me, this server was an escape from that, I played this server non stop everyday all day, I made friends, I built relationships, which I still have now, the server helped me get through a really tough time in my life when I was growing up, and I want to give back, I also enjoy helping out where I can, being able to make someones day a little better, I would like to be able to come on at night when the player count is low and still keep the server safe for players, be able to let them play a game, and continue to play as normal without people attempting to break server rules due to no staff being online.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
Yes, I'd rather speak on discord about this, wouldn't impact my ability, but it's good to know as it can help in the future.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Last edited:

Brilliant, detailed application. Seems like a genuine person who is ready for any situation. However, i cant say ive seen you online before so in this case i will be neutral. If i do see you i may change my vote.

NEUTRAL

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member

Brilliant, detailed application. Seems like a genuine person who is ready for any situation. However, i cant say ive seen you online before so in this case i will be neutral. If i do see you i may change my vote.

NEUTRAL

What perfect timing, I believe you were just on during this PM/DPM protection detail, amazing roleplay from everyone, really enjoyed it.

Thank you for this feedback, I have seen you a few times ingame but usually just passing by or when we are on a quick scene together, I'm always on NCA everyday for multiple hours :)

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1
Flx comes across as a genuine and kind player. Application is of high standard and his ingame roleplay is also of a high standard.

100% support, Good luck!

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1

Flx is a great person, super friendly, always fun to rp with, would make a great staff member!

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1
Flx comes across as a genuine and kind player. Application is of high standard and his ingame roleplay is also of a high standard.

100% support, Good luck!
+1

Flx is a great person, super friendly, always fun to rp with, would make a great staff member!
Thank you both, you two are the funniest PM & DPM I have ever played with, always a pleasure to roleplay with you guys!

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
Neutral
Can only say I’ve had 1 interaction with you in a do case which you where rude and argumentative but as others have said you are a decent fella I’m not going to -1 but can’t give a neutral and i believe you need 2 weeks of play time even if you played ages ago and just came back

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral
Can only say I’ve had 1 interaction with you in a do case which you where rude and argumentative but as others have said you are a decent fella I’m not going to -1 but can’t give a neutral and i believe you need 2 weeks of play time even if you played ages ago and just came back
Thank you for the feedback. I can agree, I was not the nicest individual which I openly admitted my wrong doings & have taken everything on the chin and moved on. Hopefully in the future I can have more interactions with you to show you I am not that type of person, although I have had numerous interactions with you since that incident occurred, But the way I behaved is not the person I am, I apologize for that. - with the playtime, I was trained in PD on the 14th of April, I was playing before I initially got trained, I believe I have met the required 2 weeks.

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

I've had some encounters with you myself, and you weren't the nicest. But honestly I can say it was both our faults. But I believe you are a nice person and respect the rules! But I do think it's a little early for a staff application, you should get to know people a little more instead of waiting on the exact moment you can apply!

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I've only had a few interactions with you in-game, which isn't quite enough for me to make a decision about voting for you yet. However, your application seems decent enough.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

I've had some encounters with you myself, and you weren't the nicest. But honestly I can say it was both our faults. But I believe you are a nice person and respect the rules! But I do think it's a little early for a staff application, you should get to know people a little more instead of waiting on the exact moment you can apply!
Thank you for the response, I agree, we both could've handled that better.

Neutral

I've only had a few interactions with you in-game, which isn't quite enough for me to make a decision about voting for you yet. However, your application seems decent enough.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny
Thank you for the response, I've had a few interactions with you ingame, and a fair few in discord :)

Bugware

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1
super gangster
In all seriousness though, very professional and amazing knowledge of the rules. Would be a great staff member

+1

Applicant comes over as Honest and Genuine.

The application is clear and coherent.

My interactions with you In-Game have been overall good.

The strong context gave good insights into the big question of Why.

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1
super gangster
In all seriousness though, very professional and amazing knowledge of the rules. Would be a great staff member
The OG right here. (get a new monitor)

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Applicant comes over as Honest and Genuine.

The application is clear and coherent.

My interactions with you In-Game have been overall good.

The strong context gave good insights into the big question of Why.
I love roleplaying with you, makes it so much better, and yes - context is so important in situations, but that is nothing but the truth. Thank you for the reply :)

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Member
+1 Funny professional who knows the rules well

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1

Very professional young lad, active on the server and has a good application!

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Accepted
Please Contact a member of Staff Management for an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom