Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Gareth Russ' Staff Application

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Gareth Russ

1.2 How old are you?

1.3 Do you have a working microphone?

Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?

A month

1.5 Are you fluent in English?

Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:520927466

1.7 What is your Discord?

mazuzam#0000

1.8 References (if any)?

N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Deathmatch) is whenever a player kills another player without a valid roleplay reason, for instance:
- Killing a random player because you don't like his playermodel
- Killing a police officer because you don't like the police as citizen

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR (New Life Rule) is a rule that prevents a user to interact with anything that happened within his past life for 5 minutes, for instance:
- You get killed in a bank raid and immediately come back to kill the robber
- A police officer puts someone in cuffs but gets killed in the act, shortly after he comes back to take the criminal to jail

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

Fearrp is a rule that implies that we must fear for our lives, for instance a fearrp violation would be the following:
- You are held under gunpoint by a group of men and told to stay still, however you decide to start running away and ignore the threat
- You are being held under gunpoint by multiple police officers, when they attempt to cuff you you decide to flee instead of fearing for your life

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is the discrimination towards homosexuality, for instance:
- A player gets made fun of because of his sexuality
- A player starts saying homophobic slurs in out of character chat or starts making derogatory comments/jokes

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is the discrimination towards any ethnicities, for instance:
- A player starts screaming racial slurs because he gets killed
- A player starts making stereotypes when he finds out where a player is from (e.g. starting to say "Please don't eat my dog" after finding out someone is from china)

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To solve this sit I would take both player in a secure area (likely a roof of any houses/PD), after hearing both sides I would take a look at chat logs. Afterwards I'll explain to the NHS Member that carjack was indeed adverted however I would still give a formal/verbal (likely a formal) warning to the carjacker for committing crimes against NHS as it is not allowed in the server.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states, that he was not shooting for no reason he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

To solve this sit I would take both players to a secure area, after checking logs and seeing that William has killed 6 people I would ask the location of where Joe was killed, if it was within PD then I'd explain that it was allowed to be killed if in the range of PD during a raid, if Joe was killed far away from PD I would request a clip and see if William was effectively raiding PD. If the clip shows William killing Joe far away from the range of PD then he will be recieving a warning for RDM, however if the clip had shown William adverting PD raid but killing all the 6 people far away from PD he would be recieving a Mass RDM ban.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

To solve this sit I would bring both individuals into a safe spot, after checking death logs I would warn William for FTA (Failure to Advert) while Joe would be warned for NLR (New Life Rule) and RDM (Random DeathMatch) and I would inform him that he may not make a base on the sidewalk unless an hobo, if Joe is caught making bases on sidewalks while not being on the Hobo job he would be warned for it aswell.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

To solve this situation I would bring the individual to a sit and ask him why he was pulled into a sit, if he's completely clueless I would make him understand that there was a PD meeting and no major crimes were allowed, afterwards I'd check his warns, if major crimes during PD meetings already happened I would simply ban him for MRDM, if not I'd warn him for Major Crimes during PD Meeting. However at my discrection I could give him a verbal warning if it was an honest mistake and no warns were on his record.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe that I should be chosen over other applicants for the following reasons:

Experience:
I've spent lots of time on Garry's Mod as a staff member for serious roleplay servers (SCP-RP | Military RP), I believe that during this time I learnt and mastered the use of ULX commands and basics to be a staff member.

Patience:
I am a very patient person, I don't get mad at every user for the first mistake they do, most of the times players that break rules are newbies and they require patience to be handled, I believe that being mad and giving out harsh punishments for every micro mistake is excessive and not needed as it could affect the reputation of the server, making more players leave it for others.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If I was in a situation I did not know how to handle I would do the following:
- Inform the player in the sit that I was not able to handle the problem in a calm way andtell them that a more competent person was going to take over

- Inform an higher up following the Chain of Command

- Spectate the action of the higher up for the duration of the sit so that I can learn how to solve it next time

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes I do.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
- Patience

- Unbiased and fair

- Professionalism

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- Productivity during late hours (relatively tired, unable to be productive as I am during early hours)
- Sporadic rest days (When I'm tired or it's a nice day I prefer to go out rather than spend all day on videogames)
N/A
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staff member because I am committed to this server that I've discovered some time ago, I've been playing and I realized that I could take it to the next step by becoming staff, I believe that I would be a great addition with my professionalism, activity and fairness in the server.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes​

john fries

+1, This application, Although hurting my eyes with the layout, is superb, The detail that you go into amazing. I have seen you around on the server and had only positive interactions. After checking your punishments, I can't see any issues at all. I've only heard positive things from other people and would love to see you join the staff team.

Azz

Denied. Please wait another week before re-applying.

Top Bottom