Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied gman's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
.1: What is your in-game name? GMAN
1.2: How old are you? 14
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? 1-2 years i think
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:556597451
1.7: What is your Discord? thatgmanguy
1.8: References (if any)?
your mum

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM stands for Random Deathmatch. It is when you kill someone for no reason whatsoever.
Eg.1: P1 shoots and kills P2 because they have a squeaky voice.
Eg.2: P1 stabs and kills P2 because they walked in front of him when they were trying to talk to a different person.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
Metagaming is when you use information obtained from any Out-of-character chat such as the in-game one or a discord call.
Eg1: P1 sees that P2 has a base next to bank and is a weed grower so he is growing weed in that base from P3 in OOC chat. He then goes to raid that base.
Eg2: P2 finds a base that belongs to P1. He then sees that P1 is a weed grower by pressing tab and seeing the player list. He then goes and raids P1's base.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when you are being kidnapped/mugged etc. by 2+ people while being alone, you may not pull out a gun/weapon to shoot back and retaliate and kill them.
Eg1: P1 and P3 mug P2. P2 pulls out an AK-47 and shoots and kills them both.
Eg2: P2 and P4 kidnap P1. P1 pulls out a shotgun and shoots and kills them both.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Cop baiting is when you try to bait a cop into arresting you/starting a pursuit/chase.
Eg1: P1 tells Cop1 that he has a knife that's length is over 3 inches.
Eg2: P3 rams into Cop1 and Cop2 and screams " I have a gun" and drives away.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:
Discrimination is treating someone differently/making fun of them for a specific trait/race/accent they have.
Eg1: P1 shoots and kills P2 because they had an Arab accent.
Eg2: P2 stabs and kills P5 because they had a lisp.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check logs and see if Dave adverted carjack. Since he did, I would tell Tom that he has adverted carjack, but he still stole an NHS member's vehicle and drove around recklessly. I would bring Dave and tell him that he is going to be warned for Crimes against NHS because he stole an NHS vehicle. Depending on the severity of how recklessly he was driving, it could count as NITRP and I would ban Dave for NITRP if it deems necessary.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I'm taking this question in two perspectives.

1. If William killed 3 other people with the SAME carbomb

2. If William killed 3 other people with DIFFERENT carbombs.

I would check logs and see if it was really a hit or not. If it was really a hit, I would excuse it as it was a bomb but I would still ask a higher up if I should proceed with a warn or just to leave him be
I would check logs and see that William killed 3 other people with different carbombs and I would warn him accordingly for RDM.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check logs, see his kills then keep that in note. I would tell James that as a gun dealer he is not allowed to have a base in the sidewalk and should use a buyable door and base inside of it. I would then tell James that he has killed 4 people in the last 3 minutes. I would check to see if he adverted anything to get them away from his base. If he didn't, I would ban him for MRDM. If he did advert, I would warn him for basing on the sidewalk and tell him to change spots.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring Bobby and tell him that he is not allowed to raid bases during a PD meeting. I would then warn Bobby for committing a major crime during a PD meeting and tell him to watchout and beware for the meeting's advertisement to not get warned next time.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I think the reviewer should choose me over other applicants as I have been a staff member here before, and I made some mistakes and was immature. I would like to redeem myself with a second chance and I believe I can do that this time. I think you should choose me over other applicants as I have a lot of time throughout the day and I would most likely be in the server almost the entire day. I think you should choose me as I want to prove myself to anyone who doesn't believe in me to redeem myself. I understand that there have been some issues in the past, but I hope we can just move on and let me redeem myself. I think you should choose me as I am capable of taking sits despite no-one wanting to take any. I am happy and glad to help others and fix other's problems to ensure they have a fun, safe experience on Riverside.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask a person with a higher rank than me on what to do in the situation.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Riverside- Trial Mod.
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1. Flexible TIme
2. Always eager to stay on SOD when nobody else wants to
3. I'm a fast learner.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. I have to go off my pc for around 30minutes to 1 hour multiple times a day due to having a broken leg and having to move around so that I don't get a blood clot.
2. I get bored very fast, and can simply just get bored of staffing during the early hours.
3. I have a short fuse/temper which is better now but still a problem.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be staff member as there have been a lot of sits coming in that I have been sending every now and then, and most of the time the response time is delayed due to staff members having to answer many calls/being in an active combat /Roleplay. I want to be a staff member to help every new player with whatever question they have. I want to be a staff member to redeem myself for what happened last time. I have matured and out-grown my past self. A lot has happened between that time period and I believe I can redeem myself and be a better staff member and person in-general. I want to be a staff member to make and create new memories and experiences for me and whoever is on riverside.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

1. I have a broken leg. It isn't too much of an issue and can cause me to go off my pc for around 15-30 minutes around 5-7 times a day due to complications with transfers. It isn't too much of a problem as I am getting better day-by-day.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

minge, too young, not fit for staff, horrible attitude,disgusting behaviour,not nice,negative energy,anti-enjoyment,no skills,still a fetus,terrible child.

also broke his tibia so has no right to the Staff title.

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
-1 minge, just came off a MRDM ban, not fit for staff, quite a lot of warnings, would not be a good staff member

Cheese

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Minge, not fit for staff at all. Also too young.

With you putting laughing emojis on every single message in this thread, i believe you have not.
What's the problem with that? I'd rather not respond to not create a situation.

-1 minge from what ive seen in the police department. doesnt want to roleplay seriously.

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
Neutral
Not many interactions seems like a decent guy from the interactions ive had with him

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer

From your previous time as a staff member and your reputation within the server I do not believe you would be fit for staff. Also taking into consideration your previous permanent ban for threatening to harm the server.

From your previous time as a staff member and your reputation within the server I do not believe you would be fit for staff. Also taking into consideration your previous permanent ban for threatening to harm the server.
I understand your concerns, but honestly I've changed a lot. Maybe having some fun sometimes but I've changed and matured since then.

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
DENIED
please improve your current reputation with the server and community before attempting to reapply in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom