Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Metagaming/Advert changes

Its time we change out the adverting system. Metagaming is a problem that has sustained time on this server for years and consistently is reviewed, critiqued, and interpreted in ways that creates a grey area and hazy blue mist of what is accepted or deemed as Metagaming. In this clip you can clearly see the advert making it to where they immediately respond to raids. This is not the only time this has ever happened in the years of RSRP. Its a chronic bad habit that people do and don't wait for the tablet advert as confirmation. On top of this it relays to the next point on assisting and countering. People will note the advert, and a regular player will know who to look for or arrest beforehand so they cant RP. All of this should be changed and adjusted with finer details and linings defining what Metagaming truly is. If the tablet was introduced to prevent this from occuring, then players should no longer have to advert. Its basically a free hint and clue for PD to use. Ill paint an example, PO raid was adverted but you have no clue idea who suspect is outside of tablet. Although a car approaches you its not the car listed on tablet, by holding voice as it drives past you can see the ID of driver. Not on clip was a PD Sgt telling me earlier today I car bombed someone cause I adverted it. Adverts as a whole should be banished and alarms should bare stronger weight in the server rather than just a confirmation message for an advert. In other instances PD will come by my base and say they here money printers and bitcoin machines through the wall. Which means audio cues can be validated into written search warrants? Metagaming as a whole needs overhauling as well as the power of OOC. Similar to a RP called Perpheads, the death screen should be black and OOC should be disabled. Happily using microphones while dead has been turned off. But all encounters or information the person gained before death shouldn't be able to go any further unless they are using external communications like Discord. When raiding bases introduce a central alarm system to where its there when you purchase the property, or you have to pay extra for it so your house has well, house security.

Mozzie

Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
To be honest I actually really like this idea, removing adverts would make this so much easier and avoid only raiding a building for a blood bath and not monetary gain. I suggest the only things that need adverting are kidnappings, base raids, mugging and warnings as those are things that can’t be added to the police tablet, however, things here money can be gained such as any shop, bank, crate, PD armoury, etc… shouldn’t need adverting but rather an alarm would trigger whenever a vault has been tampered with which will automatically make a call out on the police tablet. But this is just my opinion. I know adverting has been around in the server for yonks but I think it’s time for a change.

Yes. Adverts should be for advertisements and player to player interactions. Considering that theres already an alarm and a warrant system in place it kind of just doesn't matter if we use adverts. Because cops like to metagame, they see that I assisted a raid and say that because I was in the area and are highly suspicious they just check me and throw me in for affiliation with a crime.
But the problem comes along when we ask how do we know if it was RDM or they are actually assisting the raid. That's mainly the reason we need adverts, people will never stop metagaming and using them, but if we figure out a system to get around it and remove the need to advert raids it surely would be a great feature.

Top Bottom