Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted JackaBlazes Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? JackaBlaze
1.2 How old are you? 20
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? A few weeks now. I did play on the server for about a few months, less than a year ago. However, I had to stop due to unexpected circumstances in my daily life but I am more dedicated as of now.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:84395587
1.7 References (if any)? N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Death Match) is where you intentionally kill another player.

Example 1:
George sees a civilian walking down the street and decides to shoot him.

Example 2:
Fred kills a player who is shooting at the police. However, Fred has no affiliation with this player, therefore, RDMing the person.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) is where you die and you return to your origin of death.

Example 1:
Jeffrey kills Mahoney, who is raiding the PD. Mahoney then comes back to PD to kill Jeffrey. This would be RDM and NLR.

Example 2:
Stevie is on his SCO19 job. He is currently raiding a house that is concerning firearms. Stevie dies and decides to return to the house to continue raiding. This would be NLR as he wouldn't remember anything that had happened.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP (Fear Roleplay) is where you are outnumbered and have guns pointed at you, in which you must fear for your life and listen to what's being demanded of you.

Example 1:
Petey and Skeety try and kidnap a police officer. They point the gun at the officer and order him to get in their car. The officer refuses and pulls out his gun and opens fire on Petey and Skeety. This would be FearRP and technically FailRP.

Example 2:
Davey and Zombie are walking down the streets with the guns on safety. Three guys are walking toward them and pointing their guns at Davey and Zombie. Davey and Zombie know what's coming to them so they get their guns out and are ready for action. The three guys shout at Davey and Zombie to put down their guns but refuse. They both open fire on the three guys. This would be blatant FearRP as they both know that they're outnumbered.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when you're throwing derogatory comments toward someone or a group of people, and discriminating against them because of their difference in sexuality

Example 1:
Player B is randomly called gay by Player A. Player B tells Player A to leave him alone. Player A kills Player B and calls him a gay faggot. These would be Homophobia and RDM.

Example 2:
Mikey hates Jeff and decides to tell everyone in OOC that Jeff is a gay fag and he should go kill himself. These would be Homophobia and Death Threats.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is where you intend to cause distress to another race/ethnic group

Example 1:
Luke calls Phil a n**ger because he talks funny. This would be Racism

Example 2:
Phil tells everyone on the server "anyone who is black is a burnt hotdog." This would be Racism and that is not acceptable at all.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6:
William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would bring him to a roof and get some information from both parties. Once I have established the facts I would inform Joe that as William had indeed adverted carjack, the sit would be invalid or nullified and I couldn't do anything as no rules had been broken. As a result, I would return both parties and let them be on their way.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

My first steps would be to bring both parties to a roof and check logs if any advert for PD Raid had been made. If so, I would inform the reporter that the kills were valid and no action will be taken. However, if the reported didn't advert raid then, depending on the POs, I would decide whether or not it would be an MRDM ban or FTA warning.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring both parties to a roof for a sit, trying to also obtain evidence from either or both parties to support their side of the story. If evidence has been obtained that is against Joe, I would inform Joe that they're unable to build on the pavement according to Rule C #1 which states "You may only base where there are doors owned by yourself. Any store in Westfield can be used as a base. Only Hobos are permitted to base elsewhere except for the road." Secondly, I would deal with William raiding Joe's base without adverting and if valid evidence is available, I would eventually warn William for FTA. Furthermore, William also returned to the situation AND kills Joe AND sells all of his drugs. So, as a result, I would warn William for RDM, FTA, and NLR. These punishments are completely justified as both of them did wrong but William made the situation 100x worse.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would bring Joe to a roof for a sit and firstly try to ascertain an understanding of why Joe decided to disregard the "No Major Crimes" part of the advert and kill a ton of people. Regardless if he explains it or not, he committed a blatant act of Mass RDM, which is a very serious offence to commit on the server. There would be no debate but to ban him for at least 2-3 weeks as MRDM is completely unacceptable. Finally, it "should" give Joe time to think about his actions and rectify them for the future. Even if it was an accident, a warning would never suffice for killing ten people.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I honestly believe you should choose me over other applicants because I have the knowledge, experience and requirements needed to do this job efficiently, correctly and patiently. Being a staff member, regardless of your rank, takes a ton of patience, professionalism, maturity and time. If any staff member has none of these then it may become a problem. Staff are expected to excel and do their job properly and set an example for the server and ensure that the rules are properly followed. With that said, I believe that I have the upper hand as I have had previous experience and dealt with many situations where I am very fair and always ensure the correct punishments are given to those who blatantly break the server rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would try and get someone higher up with more experience and knowledge on how to deal with the situation and/or advice on what to improve on for the future. That is, I believe, the best course of action for the scenario.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I have had previous experience staffing servers. I've been staffing servers for many years, since 2014, but I have been on and off from Garry's Mod so it has been a little while since I have been staff on a server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Problem-Solving Skills - I know that I have a very good set of problem-solving skills that can enable me to deal with situations calmly, professionally as well as under pressure. I have been in lots of situations that require this skillset in the past and I have learnt to work under pressure and control how I am. I believe, as a result, I am the right person for the job.

Motivation and Work Ethic - I have very good motivation for something that I believe I can excel in and I honestly believe that I have the motivation and the work ethic needed to do well as a staff member on this server. Also, I believe this is most important as this skill decides how much work you put in as a staff member and I believe that I can go above and beyond.

Communication Skills - I am very good at communicating with people while ensuring the necessary outcomes for a situation, staff-wise, are dealt with correctly and efficiently. Furthermore, I excel in how I speak as I am always fair and allow both sides to explain the situation and provide any evidence to support their allegation.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

I have a mother to care for IRL, which could affect activity sometimes.

I sometimes can get flustered if I am overloaded with a ton of information but I have been managing fairly recently.

I can sometimes get confused and need to reread things or reask for things which link to my ADHD and Autism. However, I don't think it's something to worry about.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

Being a staff member is a luxury, not to be taken for granted. You see, the reason why I have been staff, for a very long time, on so many servers is not because of the ranks or because of the power you have at your fingertips but the privilege of taking responsibility, doing what's right for the server. Now, why do I want to be a staff member? To do what's right for the community, to make it a better safe space for people to enjoy and have fun, preventing those who disobey the rules, blatantly, from being a part of the server and ruining other people's experience. I have been doing this for a very long time and know that being a staff member isn't at all easy but it gives you the sense that what you're doing is helping the server and making it a better place, ridding of those who choose to wreck other peoples experiences and fun. This is precisely the reason why I'd like to be a staff member as that is a job I can efficiently do, while also being fair and mature, especially at my age. Finally, I know that I can uphold my responsibilities as a staff member. Also, there tend not to be staff on sometimes or they're busy when people are breaking the rules and ruining people's time on the server, causing them to leave. I'd like to help prevent that and make people enjoy their time on Riverside Roleplay.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

I do have ADHD and Autism although they don't affect me negatively. They, in some ways, make me excel in what I'm doing more than I would.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Thank you for reading my application, I look forward to hearing your responses.

+1 A good and active person (he got officer of the week) that would be fit for staff. Pretty sure I never had a had interaction with him.

100% Positive
Jack is a very nice person, he maintains professionalism at all times, he knows what he’s doing, he follows rules strictly and I know that because I’ve had multiple positive interactions that were controlled well. He is very fit for staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom