Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Jaf's Staff Application #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Jaf
1.2: How old are you? 14
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? 5 weeks.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:11623547
1.7: What is your Discord? tuvh
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM - Random death match, Killing someone without a valid reason.

Example 1:
John goes up to Sally, and kills Sally without any valid reason to do so.

Example 2:
John snipes Sally without having a hit, or valid reason.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Metagaming - Using information not obtained from in game and using it to your advantage.

Example 1:
John types in /ooc "PD HOW DID YOU LOSE ME IM LITERALLY AT LESLIE IN MY HOUSE WTF"
PD come to leslie, check all the houses and arrest John.

Example 2:
a Terrorist Jihad types in /ooc "BOMBING AT PD"

a PD member comes into PD, arrests the Jihad / weapon checks the Jihad.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP - Fear Roleplay, Valuing your characters life above all

Example 1:
John has 2 guns pointed at him, outnumbering his weapons, so John complies with their orders.
If John did not comply with this, it would be FearRP as there is more than one person pointing
a gun at him.

Example 2:
John is mugging a citizen, with no weapons. the citizen then runs away. with no place to run away / hide.
This is FearRP, because the citizen has no weapons to defend themselves, therefore they are under FearRP.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Cop baiting - Purposefully getting into conflict with police, without a valid reason.

Example 1:
John rams into a Police vehicle for no reason, repeatedly and it is clear it is not a mistake.

Example 2:
John randomly knifes a Police Vehicle's Wheels.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination - treating others differently from others, because of protected characteristics.
These consist of:
  • being married
  • being pregnant or on maternity leave
  • disability
  • race
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation
Example 1:
John has heard that Sally is a trans-sexual, so John decides to call Sally a "tranny" repeatedly in /ooc and /advert.

Example 2:
Sally has heard that John has a disability, so Sally makes fun of John.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would add them both to a sit, and check the logs to see if Dave adverted carjack. I would then explain to Dave that he cannot steal NHS vehicles. I would check his previous warn history, and if it
was clean I would verbally warn him.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check hit logs, and chat logs to see if William's story is true, If it was, I would explain to Joe that it was a hit, if it wasn't I would warn William for RDM.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would inform James that building on the sidewalk isn't allowed unless you are on the Hobo Job, and that he will be receiving a ban for MRDM. (if clips are provided)

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would tell Bobby that majors aren't allowed during a PD meeting, check if Bobby has any previous related warns to this, and if he doesn't verbally warn him,
as he may not know this rule.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I think you should choose me over others, because I am very active and a reliable person.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would ask another staff member for help.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
No.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Reliable
Activity
good understanding of rules.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Could be busy on some days,
Game could crash ( not often.)
School 5 days a week, (8:45 - 3:05)

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I see alot of rulebreakers, and sometimes I can't clip it in time or something similar to that, so it would help a lot :)

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
Nope!

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Member
-1 Can be immature and doesn't have the greatest knowledge of the rules.

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

You were a minge before but I've seen you really change up and try to be nice. You aren't annoying as roadworker anymore and don't try to reek havoc among the server. You also are more knowledgeable with the rules than before! I reckon you'd be a lovely fit for the staff team

Reactions: Jaf

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
although you have tried to improve your reputation that comes at the cost of you hardly being on the server, yes ive seen an improvement but it needs to be a lot better for a +1

Jaf

although you have tried to improve your reputation that comes at the cost of you hardly being on the server, yes ive seen an improvement but it needs to be a lot better for a +1
Hi, I may not have seen you much, maybe two or three times, I'm on mostly every day, If you see me come say hi. :)

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Hi Jaf,
Im sorry but its going to have to be a -1 from me lad.

Id say give it some time to improve your reputation as you're known for being quite a minge and theres quite a few warnings on record most recent being only 6 days ago.

Best of luck mate

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
-1 Does not have a good understanding of the rules, Very immature, previous warns, Not fit for staff

Jaf

-1 Does not have a good understanding of the rules, Very immature, previous warns, Not fit for staff
Hi Godlez,

Please could you point out in which part of my application that I don't have a good understanding of the rules?

Thanks, Jaf.

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Me and a few others raided your base yesterday, you had a corridor which only 1 person could fit into (Horizontally), the base was also prop blocked off so in the end it was just removed. You prop blocking a base and having a corridor and fading door that only 1 person can fit through at a time shows that you don't have a good understanding of the rules. Additionally, some of the answers on your questions don't have that much detail.

Thanks, Godlez

Jaf

Me and a few others raided your base yesterday, you had a corridor which only 1 person could fit into (Horizontally), the base was also prop blocked off so in the end it was just removed. You prop blocking a base and having a corridor and fading door that only 1 person can fit through at a time shows that you don't have a good understanding of the rules. Additionally, some of the answers on your questions don't have that much detail.

Thanks, Godlez
Hi Godlez, I was still building that, wasn't aware that you raided it, also I propblocked the bottom room as it had no use and nothing was in there, also you were the one that helped me with my car stuck in a sit, and sits are ooc, which means unless you knew that the factory base was there from the sit, it's metagaming. Also not once was I told to remove or fix it, and I remember removing all my props, not it being removed.

Thanks, Jaf

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
I wasn't the one who found out about it, I got told by some people i was with and they said "lets go raid this base" so we went and turned up at waterfall. Additionally if you are building you should have a building sign up, even if you are building you should still not prop block off your entire base.

Jaf

I wasn't the one who found out about it, I got told by some people i was with and they said "lets go raid this base" so we went and turned up at waterfall. Additionally if you are building you should have a building sign up, even if you are building you should still not prop block off your entire base.
Hi, my entire base wasn't propblocked off? there was a keypad on the door and on the stairs. The only part that was propblocked was a random room that had no use and had nothing in it, I also made a sign in the room saying that nothing was in here. The keypad was black and so was the material, may have been hard to see but it was definitely not propblocked off.

Jaf

Hi Godlez, you've stated that I don't have a good understanding of the rules, when you have said that only one person could fit through the corridor horizontally, which I assume you are talking about the rule that a minimum of 2 people have to be able to fit through it. This rule only applies for fading doors, and nowhere in the rules does it cover for corridors. You can have it as wide or narrow as you like. Below is an image attached of the corridor supposedly against the rules. I will also include a picture of the propblocked part of the base.

Thanks, Godlez

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-21 132057-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 132057-min.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-04-21 132224-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 132224-min.png
    838.2 KB · Views: 5

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Hi Godlez, you've stated that I don't have a good understanding of the rules, when you have said that only one person could fit through the corridor horizontally, which I assume you are talking about the rule that a minimum of 2 people have to be able to fit through it. This rule only applies for fading doors, and nowhere in the rules does it cover for corridors. You can have it as wide or narrow as you like. Below is an image attached of the corridor supposedly against the rules. I will also include a picture of the propblocked part of the base.
I'm on about a completely different base where there was a corridor that only 1 person could fit through.

Seems determined and is always nice to me when i see him, but i havent seen enough of him to vote

Neutral

Mufaba from congo

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1 Nicely made application with good examples
= Age and some of the trial mod questions couldve been better
-1 Warns and knowledge of the rules

Final vote = Neutral

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

Application looks good, but I still think you need a more positive reputation on the server before reapplying, but overall keep up the hard work and I'm sure you'll get accepted.

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member

It looks like you were trying to catch the train whilst creating your application, In-Game you come across as immature, in combination with your age I think you are way too young to possess such a position.

Aside from the age and maturity, you also have previous warnings whilst you claim to have a (and I quote) a "good understanding of rules."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom