Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Jerryy's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: Name: Jerryy
1.2: Age: 16
1.3: Microphone: Yes.
1.4: Playtime: 3 Weeks - A Month
1.5: English: Yes.
1.6: SteamID: STEAM_0:1:110005543
1.7: Discord: jerry944
1.8: References (if any): N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

DEF: Random Death Match is when a player kills another player without any roleplay reason.

EX A: A citizen goes up and pulls out a weapon and kills another player without any roleplay reason.

EX B: A thief goes up to someone and pulls out a gun and asks for money in an attempt to mug the player, the victim says no and gets killed, the thief didn't advert the mug.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

DEF: Metagaming is using knowledge acquired from an out of roleplay scenario (discord call, /ooc etc) to use to your advantage in-game.

EX A: John is a police officer and is in discord with his friend who says "I can't wait to sell this money at the banker", John then proceeds to race to the corrupt banker at hospital with his car to arrest his friend.

EX B: James the Thief sees someone in OOC type "I love that there is a gun dealer in the alleyway in Leslie Green", James takes this opportunity to rush there in his car to rob the person buying the gun.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

DEF: FearRP is the sense that your character has the same fear of death/being hurt as you would in real life.

EX A: Barry the Citizen is being held at gunpoint and is being forced to drop money by a thief during a mug, Barry refuses and walks away and then the thief proceeds to shoot and kill him.

EX B: James the Thief is holding up a bank and puts his gun away so he can pick up the cash, six SCO-19 Members rush in and all point their guns at him, James turns around pulls out his gun and attempts to open fire but gets shot before he can pull the trigger.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

DEF: Cop Baiting is doing something illegal on purpose to provoke attention from the police, trying to get into a chase, gunfight etc.

EX A: Barry the Citizen is testing out his new Volkswagen Golf GTI, he is driving and sees a cop behind him in his sidemirror, he decides to purposefully turn into the wrong lane and start speeding and swerving to provoke the officer into a chase.

EX B: James the Thief is walking along the sidewalk and sees two cops ahead, as he passes them he says "I sure hope the cops can't smell the 2 pounds of weed in my bag" then pulls his gun out and starts running and shooting in the air.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

DEF: Discrimination is singling someone out because of one of their characteristics.

EX A: Barry The Citizen who is gay. is walking down the road and he attempts to buy a gun, the gun dealer says "I'm not going to sell a gun to a homo'

EX B: James the Cadet who is black, is trying to join the police force, he asks the closest officer if he can be trained, the officer replies "I can train you, but I won't because you're black"

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

To resolve this sit I would first inform Tom that Dave did in fact advert carjack, and I would return Tom to his original position, I will then let Dave know that although he adverted carjack, it is not permitted to steal NHS Vehicles, and he must also drive the cars in a way that does not cause purposeful damage to other vehicles, I would then check the logs, see how many cars were hit and if anyone died as a result and base the punishment on those factors.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I would first check logs and see if William had a hit on Joe, if he did I will then return joe on the fact that it was a hit,
(if not I would warn William for RDM/MRDM Depending on what the logs say about the other car bombs.)
and then I would check logs on the other people he killed with the bombs and make sure there is a valid RP reason for each of them.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I would check logs and see that James has killed 4 people in the last three minutes, then I would tell Garry the situation will be handled and return him, then I would warn James for MRDM as there could be no roleplay reason for him to of killed four people in the last three minutes given his job.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I would bring Bobby and give him a warn for FTA, as he was already informed of the rule by advert and the police commander. I would also see who's base he raided and check to see if they need any refunds such as printers, guns etc.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants:

I have been roleplaying for many years on GMOD and I believe I would be a valuable asset as I have previous experience with the moderation tools, I can be professional when I need to be, but I can also have fun with other members of the community. I am also willing to put in more time and effort than required into the staff role.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do:

Check to see if any higher up staff members are online and ask them for help. If not then I would try and contact a member of staff on discord and see if anyone can hop on and help.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers:

Yes I have around staffed around 3 servers before, my roles ranged from being a moderator to an administrator, I don't think most of the servers are around anymore but don't worry that's not because of me.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I am a quick learner, I am very good at critical thinking and I can keep calm in tough situations.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Balancing personal life and time on computer, my organization and I have college four days during the week, from 9:00AM - 15:00PM.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member:

I want to be a staff member as I have been on this server for around three weeks and I am really enjoying it, and I would love for an opportunity to help out the server and the community.
I also miss being a staff member on servers as I think its been around 8 months since I've staffed a server.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff:
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application:
No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking:
Yes.

Edited: Added definitions because I forgot to. Put more detail into examples.

Last edited:

BobblMan

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
+1 Very nice to be around, general pleasure, lots of fun, serious when he wants to be, but fun when hes chill, really great policework too.

+1
Very serious takes roleplay properly should be apart of the staff steam good staff app aswell

+1 its JERRYY
Good understanding of the rules
fun to rp with
never had any bad interactions with him
very nice person would love him on the staff team
always gives me money to <3

jerryy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1 its JERRYY
Good understanding of the rules
fun to rp with
never had any bad interactions with him
very nice person would love him on the staff team
always gives me money to <3
love you waltuh always happy to give u lots of cash.

Last edited:

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Member
Netural/+1 dont think ive ever had any interactions with you but heard good things and think you deserve a shot at staff

jerryy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Netural/+1 dont think ive ever had any interactions with you but heard good things and think you deserve a shot at staff
Thanks I have seen you on a lot but we have never ran into eachother haha

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
ACCEPTED
Contact me for an interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom