Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted >> JJE Staff Application <<

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJE

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? JJE
1.2 How old are you? 19
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? a few months in total
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes i am
1.6 What is your SteamID? 76561198158031857
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM stands for random death match. [1] If a player where to kill another player randomly without reason and with no intent to roleplay in any way.
[2] If a player is trying to rob you and kills you but did not advert this would also be classed as RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR stands for "NEW LIFE RULE" [1] this simply means that after you die you can not take part in any situation that was ongoing in your previous life.
[2] You are a cop and you have just been kidnapped and killed, you re spawn and alert everyone on the radio. This would be a good example of Breaking the NLR rule.

2.3: Define Fear RP and provide two examples: Fear RP meaning you care about your characters life when there is a threat. [1] if you are being held at gunpoint and you do not have a weapon you must comply with the attacker and value your life.
[2] If you was being kidnapped whilst at gunpoint and you run away from the situation ignoring the kidnappers demands this would also be Fear RP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: This is where general hate is thrown at people a part of the LGBT community. [1] If a player where bullying another player because of their sexuality this would be classed as very serious homophobia.
[2] Calling other players "gay" would also be a prime example of this.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: It is direct race discrimination to treat someone less favorably than someone else would be treated, [1] Using racial slurs even in a joking manor would be classed as racism.
[2] Mocking someone because of their skin colour would also be racism.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First of all i would bring both players to a sit and figure out what the issue is, i would then check if William is a new player on the server if so i would advise him to do !motd and read the rules, no one is permitted to steal NHS vehicles. if he has been playing enough to understand the rules i would simply remind them on the rule and give them a warning.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players to a sit and ask both sides of the story, i would then check the logs to see if William did advert PD Raid if so i would explain to Joe why Williams actions was not against the rules and return both players. But if William did not advert PD Raid i would quickly get to the bottom of why this wasn't done whether it was done accidental or purposely dealing with the punishments appropriately.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? i would check logs and confirm that everything that was said is true i would warn Joe for RDM and remind him that you are not allowed to build on the sidewalk, i would also warn William for NRL and RDM and ask both players to check !MOTD to have a read of the rules.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring Joe to a sit and quickly figure out if it was a mistake or intentional i would remind Joe that you can not commit major crimes during a Pd meeting and warn him if appropriate.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I have a lot of experience in Garrys Mod server management and am very familiar with all the in game rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would contact a higher member of staff and ask for advice.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes i do i have helped with many servers in the past years and always seemed to prefer this side of Garry's mod. I am very familiar with all commands and protocols also. My current account is my new account as my old one got hijacked i had over 3k hours there and a lot of memories too :(

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: [1] One again i am very familiar with all the rules and staff protocols [2] I am very mature [3] I know how to deal with situations that involve other players and can handle them in a mature manor.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: To be 100% honest i don't really have any weaknesses when it comes to being a staff member the only thing that may effect my staffing is that i work full time and will only be on from 4:30 onward, and weekends of course.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I enjoy helping communities, I have helped staff many servers in the past since 2017 so i know Garry's Mod inside out and know exactly what it takes to keep a server positive.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Not at all.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Not at all.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes you can :)

IMS

Interacted with this guy in game, play with him alot. Mature when Role playing +1

Reactions: JJE
Taking -1 back and turning it into a +1

One of the only members I've interacted who actually roleplays a situation out even though he had guns .
Big respect deserves staff

+0 jje is very nice but ive noticed some mingy and imature behavior

JJE

+0 jje is very nice but ive noticed some mingy and imature behavior
I don't believe ive had a full on back and forth conversation with yourself before, but if you feel as i am "mingy" that is totally fine i hope i can change your opinion in the near future :)

Azz

+1

I have seen JJE in game many times, never once had a bad interaction. He shows knowledge of the rules and is clearly only here for good times.

Thanks.

Azz

+1
Great guy ,Active ,Would make an excellent addition to the staff team (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom