Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted John Fries Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

john fries

- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. ✅
- Cannot staff another server.✅
- Access to Discord.✅
- A working microphone.✅
- Clear understanding of the rules.✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
John Fries
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? About 3 weeks
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:97372046
1.7 What is your Discord? johnfries (New discord update)
1.8 References (if any)? Neuro, Parks, Raful, Q1PG1

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random death match, More commonly known as RDM, is the process of killing someone with no reason (Within Role-play) behind it.

E.G.
Example 1:
Ben has just spawned in and is walking down the street, and Joey takes out his AK-47 and guns him down.
Example 2: James is at a car dealer buying a car, Gdawg walks towards him and calls James “Dumb”. James then retaliates by killing Gdawg.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life rule, more commonly known as NLR, is the process that you are to start a new life once you have died. This entails not remembering anything that has happened prior to your respawn and staying away from the area for at least 5 mins to allow the RP to persist.

E.G.
Example 1:
Jack was raiding PD and was killed by Sam, He retaliates by walking back into pd and shooting Sam.
Example 2: Neuro is a PD officer that had a Hit placed on him. He was killed by the hit, but he returns to the same place and arrests the assassin.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Fear Role-play, more commonly known as FearRP, is the process in where you are to evaluate the situation and determine whether you are out powered and if you were to not comply with the person you were out powered by you would be killed.

E.G.
Example 1:
Q1PG1 Was on as PD and the RS Gang had adverted kidnap, Q1 equipped a gun and shot at the RS gang.
Example 2: Jerloc is being mugged by Dripzz and NO1, Jerloc refuses to drop the money and enters his vehicle.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is being discriminatory towards people who are homosexual.

E.G
Example 1:
Cake was killed by Raful and screams “I fucking hate you, you fucking gay!”
Example 2: Lynxy joined the server and was RDAed, He retaliates by getting guns and screaming “I hate f-slur”

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is being discriminatory towards anyone because of their race.

E.G.
Example 1:
Luca Cotorcea was trying to do a speed run on being banned, They type in ooc “I hate those fucking blacks”
Example 2: pojabosh was killed while raiding a base and shouts the n word.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6:
William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Once the report opens up I would bring both William and Joe to a sit to talk to them, I would listen to both sides of the report and inform William that even if they were to have adverted they are still not allowed to steal a NHS vehicle due to rule D11 of the !motd. I would then check William’s history to ensure that the punishment given is appropriate. If he hasn’t been warned for this before or has minimal warnings I would let them off with a verbal assuming that they will learn for next time, If he has been warned prior or has a large amount of warning then he would either receive a warn or jail to ensure that they read the rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Bring Joe to a sit asking him for his side of the story along with asking for proof if possible, If a clip was received I would check over it and give my verdict based on the clip. If there wasn’t a clip I would check console / Advert logs and check to see if William was indeed raiding the pd and had adverted it, If he did then there would be no punishment. If he hadn’t adverted, I would ban them for MRDM (Mass RDM), lying to staff.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the pavement. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both Joe and William to a sit, Hear both sides and request for proof (if proof is available I would punish based on that), If a clip was not accessible I would check to see if the base is still there and warn Joe for building on the pavement as a drug dealer and inform them that they can only build on the pavement if they are a hobo, I would also check console or advert logs to look for an advert from William, While doing this I check damage logs to see how long is between both kills, if less than 5 mins I would warn William for both FTA (failure to advert) and Breaking NLR (New Life Rule).

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

This is a difficult one as the “terrorist” group has been disbanded, but I’ll try my best.
I would check advert logs and check the time between the two adverts, If the PD meeting advert was not in chat yet, then there would be no punishment. If the advert was in chat and Joe adverted afterwards, I would bring Joe and hear his side of the story and see if there is something I’m missing. If not, then I would ban Joe for MRDM (Mass RDM) and inform a higher up at the Terrorist group.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

In the past 2 weeks, I have been online for over 120 hours on riverside. I am often the last person online, which becomes an issue as late at night as we tend to get a little American player base, and they are new, and I teach them. Sometimes the players come back, sometimes they don't. One big problem with this is there are often times Rule Breakers and there are no active staff online, this means that I have to either report them on the forum (if they either stop or log off) or message a staff member. The latter of this option isn’t good, as I feel like horrible messaging Walter or Raful at 3 or 4 am asking them to ban a MRDMer as they need sleep!

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I first check the staff handbook to see if the situation was on there, If not then I would message any staff member that is on the server, if there was no luck in that I would message in the staff chat on the discord. If the issue was in a sit and I had no further help from the handbook or the staff member on the server, depending on the situation, I would return the players till I get some further information. This is of course with the caveat that if it was a rather serious issue, I would keep the player with me to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, Both on other games and on discord. Since I was 10 I have been on and off of GMod (3500 hours on record). I have been staff on a few DarkRP servers. I have been working on discord servers for years, usually as a paid position as manager, I usually help out with the community such as running events or setting up new things for players to do which if I were accepted as staff I would love to help out with! Furthermore, I also like to ensure that things are slipstreamed, and I take pride in ensuring that things are the best that they can be. For example, I have been working on a Rank Request bot that would help users fill out rank requests and HU’s promote them. (Unlikely this will be added, but I am doing this for fun and for experience)

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Active, Great Teamwork, Resilient

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Can sometimes forget the exact punishment time so would take me some time during a ban to get the right time, Can get agitated if someone was pestering me, Can be quite loud at times.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
As mentioned in why should we choose you, There are often times where staff are not online even with all the recent promotions and I have to deal with rule breakers to prevent people leaving, which is the last thing we want to happen. I would also like to help out where necessary, as I often call staff on new players that rule break, and it would be easier if I were to be able to sort them out and allow the staff to have some sort of RP time!

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I have mild dyslexia so sometimes my spelling can be off, although I check my spelling before jailing people as pd, so I would do the same before banning.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Last edited:
+1

My experience with John has only been positive; He shows a real understanding of the rules and basic common sense which some people on the server may lack. I feel like he is ready to become a staff member as he has a very good attitude towards new experiences and always asked questions about things in the server he doesn't know about. This is the exact same reason why I made sure I brought him into the SCO19 as I believe he may be good for a leadership position one day. Overall, I would be disappointed if this application wasn't accepted.

john fries

+1

My experience with John has only been positive; He shows a real understanding of the rules and basic common sense which some people on the server may lack. I feel like he is ready to become a staff member as he has a very good attitude towards new experiences and always asked questions about things in the server he doesn't know about. This is the exact same reason why I made sure I brought him into the SCO19 as I believe he may be good for a leadership position one day. Overall, I would be disappointed if this application wasn't accepted.
Appreciate the feedback!

+1 Super Active, Knows What Hes Doing, Only Positive Experiances, With Him Would Make a Great Staff Member

+1
John Fries is a really active member of the community, have had really positive experiences with him and has great knowledge of the rules. Would be a great addition to the Staff Team.

Mr Nobody

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Very active (online untill like midnight often) seems like a great addition to the staff team

- Access to Discord.✅
- A working microphone.✅

Other rules:

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

John Fries
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.8 References (if any)? Neuro, Parks, Raful

Random death match, More commonly known as RDM, is the process of killing someone with no reason (Within Role-play) behind it.

E.G.
Example 1:
Ben has just spawned in and is walking down the street, and Joey takes out his AK-47 and guns him down.
Example 2: James is at a car dealer buying a car, Gdawg walks towards him and calls James “Dumb”. James then retaliates by killing Gdawg.

New Life rule, more commonly known as NLR, is the process that you are to start a new life once you have died. This entails not remembering anything that has happened prior to your respawn and staying away from the area for at least 5 mins to allow the RP to persist.

E.G.
Example 1:
Jack was raiding PD and was killed by Sam, He retaliates by walking back into pd and shooting Sam.
Example 2: Neuro is a PD officer that had a Hit placed on him. He was killed by the hit, but he returns to the same place and arrests the assassin.

Fear Role-play, more commonly known as FearRP, is the process in where you are to evaluate the situation and determine whether you are out powered and if you were to not comply with the person you were out powered by you would be killed.

E.G.
Example 1:
Q1PG1 Was on as PD and the RS Gang had adverted kidnap, Q1 equipped a gun and shot at the RS gang.
Example 2: Jerloc is being mugged by Dripzz and NO1, Jerloc refuses to drop the money and enters his vehicle.

E.G
Example 1:
Example 2: Lynxy joined the server and was RDAed, He retaliates by getting guns and screaming “I hate f-slur”

E.G.
Example 1:
Luca Cotorcea was trying to do a speed run on being banned, They type in ooc “I hate those fucking blacks”

2.6:
William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Once the report opens up I would bring both William and Joe to a sit to talk to them, I would listen to both sides of the report and inform William that even if they were to have adverted they are still not allowed to steal a NHS vehicle due to rule D11 of the !motd. I would then check William’s history to ensure that the punishment given is appropriate. If he hasn’t been warned for this before or has minimal warnings I would let them off with a verbal assuming that they will learn for next time, If he has been warned prior or has a large amount of warning then he would either receive a warn or jail to ensure that they read the rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Bring Joe to a sit asking him for his side of the story along with asking for proof if possible, If a clip was received I would check over it and give my verdict based on the clip. If there wasn’t a clip I would check console / Advert logs and check to see if William was indeed raiding the pd and had adverted it, If he did then there would be no punishment. If he hadn’t adverted, I would ban them for MRDM (Mass RDM), lying to staff.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the pavement. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both Joe and William to a sit, Hear both sides and request for proof (if proof is available I would punish based on that), If a clip was not accessible I would check to see if the base is still there and warn Joe for building on the pavement as a drug dealer and inform them that they can only build on the pavement if they are a hobo, I would also check console or advert logs to look for an advert from William, While doing this I check damage logs to see how long is between both kills, if less than 5 mins I would warn William for both FTA (failure to advert) and Breaking NLR (New Life Rule).

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

This is a difficult one as the “terrorist” group has been disbanded, but I’ll try my best.
I would check advert logs and check the time between the two adverts, If the PD meeting advert was not in chat yet, then there would be no punishment. If the advert was in chat and Joe adverted afterwards, I would bring Joe and hear his side of the story and see if there is something I’m missing. If not, then I would ban Joe for MRDM (Mass RDM) and inform a higher up at the Terrorist group.

In the past 2 weeks, I have been online for over 120 hours on riverside. I am often the last person online, which becomes an issue as late at night as we tend to get a little American player base, and they are new, and I teach them. Sometimes the players come back, sometimes they don't. One big problem with this is there are often times Rule Breakers and there are no active staff online, this means that I have to either report them on the forum (if they either stop or log off) or message a staff member. The latter of this option isn’t good, as I feel like horrible messaging Walter or Raful at 3 or 4 am asking them to ban a MRDMer as they need sleep!

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I first check the staff handbook to see if the situation was on there, If not then I would message any staff member that is on the server, if there was no luck in that I would message in the staff chat on the discord. If the issue was in a sit and I had no further help from the handbook or the staff member on the server, depending on the situation, I would return the players till I get some further information. This is of course with the caveat that if it was a rather serious issue, I would keep the player with me to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Yes, Both on other games and on discord. Since I was 10 I have been on and off of GMod (3500 hours on record). I have been staff on a few DarkRP servers. I have been working on discord servers for years, usually as a paid position as manager, I usually help out with the community such as running events or setting up new things for players to do which if I were accepted as staff I would love to help out with! Furthermore, I also like to ensure that things are slipstreamed, and I take pride in ensuring that things are the best that they can be. For example, I have been working on a Rank Request bot that would help users fill out rank requests and HU’s promote them. (Unlikely this will be added, but I am doing this for fun and for experience)

Can sometimes forget the exact punishment time so would take me some time during a ban to get the right time, Can get agitated if someone was pestering me, Can be quite loud at times.

As mentioned in why should we choose you, There are often times where staff are not online even with all the recent promotions and I have to deal with rule breakers to prevent people leaving, which is the last thing we want to happen. I would also like to help out where necessary, as I often call staff on new players that rule break, and it would be easier if I were to be able to sort them out and allow the staff to have some sort of RP time!

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I have mild dyslexia so sometimes my spelling can be off, although I check my spelling before jailing people as pd, so I would do the same before banning.

No
Yes
+1 Seen him around all around nice and
friendly guy always active on the server.

+1 Although this man has the name I'd expect a 40 year old in a mid life crisis to have, I feel john is an exceptional bloke that would make a great staff member, he's got it in him to some day reach high ranks, great guy, great activity and understanding of the rules.

+1 For the following reasons -
- A very humble person
- Helpful
- Good Fit for staffing
- Never had any issues with this person
- Mature
I Wish you good luck towards the application and hope for an acceptance.

- Access to Discord.✅
- A working microphone.✅

Other rules:

John Fries
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.8 References (if any)? Neuro, Parks, Raful

E.G.
Example 1:

E.G.
Example 1:

E.G.
Example 1:

E.G
Example 1:

E.G.
Example 1:

2.6:

No
Yes
+1 smart fella

+1 incredible at rp and at following the rules a hell of a role model for the server, absolutely deserves staff

+1
Johns practically staffing the server already. Always made sure to bring trouble to staff's attention and very helpful to other players. Extremely active and sensible, John would be a fantastic addition to the staff team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom