Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Khalid's Staff Application (2nd Attempt, Let's see how far we've gotten)

Section A: Applicants background

: What is your in-game name? Khalid
: How old are you? 15
: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
: How long have you been playing Riverside? Around a month or so
: Are you fluent in English? Yes
: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:443701204
: What is your Discord? zezoaj
: References (if any)? Mozzie, Daman

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1:
Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM: Random Deathmatch, and is the act of killing another player without a reasonable cause (either for no reason or without a suitable reason in that scenario)
Example 1: Player A goes and intentionally kills Player B for no reason
Example 2: Player B refuses to give a ride to Player A, so Player A shoots him dead.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
Metagaming is when information that isn't possible for to know is used in a roleplay scenario (OOC info)
Example 1: Player B tells his buddy Player C to meet him at the bank in OOC chat to initiate a bank raid, Player A is a cop and decides to hide around the bank until the raid has started to arrest the both of them.
Example 2: Player A is a cop and decides to search Player B, who is a Terrorist Jihad, for suspicioun of carrying explosive devices without anything happening to lead him to this conclusion.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a roleplay scenario when you are supposed to value your life and fear for it.
Example 1: Player A is being mugged at gunpoint by Player B, who is assisted by Player C. Player A then decides to pull out his rifle and kill both of them.
Example 2 : Player A is kidnapped and restrained, he is taken to a base where he is vastly outnumbered. Player A decides to break free of the restraints and try to kill everyone.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Copbait is a form of minging and is typically portrayed by intentionally attempting to initiate a cop chase.
Example 1: Player A constantly lockpicks a car in front of an officer and runs away
Example 2: Player A circles the block several times while speeding in front of police with the intention of initiating a car chase

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:
Discrimination is the act of targeting/making fun of a person(s) for a reason such as: ethnicity, skin color, disabilities, gender, etc.
Example 1
: Player A finds out Player B is from another country. Player A decides to make rampant jokes about stereotypes surrounding his country.
Example 2: Player A finds out Player C is a woman. Player A then decides to constantly place hits on Player C specifically for that reason.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: I would not warn dave for FTA, but rather for Crimes against NHS. (it does not matter if he has adverted or not, he was never supposed to carjack an NHS vehicle.)

: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: I would firstly verify if the kills William has made were hits by checking logs. If they turn out to be hits, then William is not prosecuted. If the logs are saying otherwise, William would be banned for MassRDM (I would verify the length of the ban from a higher ranking staff member)

: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: I would firstly check out the store and see if it's covering the entire sidewalk and if it was possible to avoid the store in the first place. I would also ask James about the other kills and what reasoning he had for them, aswell as for a reason as to why Garry is not permitted into the shop. If seemingly no-one had done anything wrong, I would Ban James for MassRDM, but if James had reasoning and evidence for claims, I would let him off the hook and tell him to be more direct (if there was any confusion that caused the sit)

: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: I would warn Bobby for committing a major crime during a PD meeting. I would probably have given him a basic verbal warning however he was made aware of the rule and still chose to ignore it, leaving me with no choice but to warn him.

Section C: Questions

: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I am unbiased, very active, and would go out of my way to help people with even the smallest of issues.

: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask for a staff member with more experience to help me out, and tell me every step behind his thoughts and reasoning to help me improve further.

: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No, but I have played Garry's Mod for years and seen many different admins and their approaches. I have learnt from their mistakes by watching from afar

: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: 1- Unbiased and I go by the book. 2- I feel as if I am good with people; which will help to prevent escalation of situations during sits and could cause for an agreement to come forth between the reporter and the reported. 3- I am generally very active.

: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: 1- I like to take my time, which will lead to some sits taking longer than needed. 2- At first I might be very slow to complete sits when I'm still learning everything and what exactly qualifies as breaking a certain rule, but I'll pick it up rather quickly and get on par with the other staff members. 3- My age might offput some people, especially considering my voice is certainly not the deepest that it could be, and could lead to them not taking me seriously at times.

: Why do you want to be a staff member? I feel that I would be very efficient when I learn all the ropes, strengthening the staff capabilities and allows for the sits to be taken care of quickly and not piled for a staff on duty to go through one by one. I want to help out the other staff members that can't get a break aswell as want to bring people to justice when necessary.

: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Might blend words together, this happens enough to notice but not enough to be a consistent issue.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Some inspiration in terms of the format from some other applications, however all answers were hand written by me and were infact my own.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes, Don't see why not

explanations and examples are very nice
good higher-up member and server member
+1

HIGHER UP RANKS
ACTING T CHIEF

ACTING NHS SUPERVISOR

explanations and examples are very nice
good higher-up member and server member
+1

HIGHER UP RANKS
ACTING T CHIEF

ACTING NHS SUPERVISOR
Appreciate your reply, your reference and you in general :)

meady

Staff Member

+1

Good application, nice guy, good roleplayer, good sense of knowledge towards the rules

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Great guy, amazing role-player, Good knowledge of the rules, decent application, definitely deserves a shot at staff!

Love all of you guys! Thanks for your kind words :)

Last edited:
Neutral / +1

I've had a few bad situations with Khalid. Although I think he's moved past them and looked over them to learn as a person.
Needs to work on his attitude a little.
Appears to know the rules quite well.
Good application with short answers
Involved in Terrorist which is good enough for me, although I'd love to see you involved in other departments. I've never seen him play NCA or RS which he's involved in.

Mozzie

Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
+1

I believe you have changed and I have seen you being active and abiding by the rules, so I think you would be a good staff member!

Neutral / +1

I've had a few bad situations with Khalid. Although I think he's moved past them and looked over them to learn as a person.
Needs to work on his attitude a little.
Appears to know the rules quite well.
Good application with short answers
Involved in Terrorist which is good enough for me, although I'd love to see you involved in other departments. I've never seen him play NCA or RS which he's involved in.
Working on expanding my roster and ranking up in other departments :)

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1

I believe you have changed and I have seen you being active and abiding by the rules, so I think you would be a good staff member!
What Mr Mozzie said :)

+1

haterytxx

Trial-Moderator
+1
Khalid is an amazing role-player, is very active, has good knowledge of the rules, would definitely be a good addition to the staff team.

flx

You told me to "shut the fuck up" because I did something you did not like whilst I was on duty. You then state that you will tell people what they deserve to hear, no matter what rank they are, "Just saying if I feel a certain way about someone it doesnt matter in my eyes if theyre trial moderators or senior administrator..." I just feel like until you change your perspective on how you see things, you shouldn't become a staff member. You then state that "I am respectful most of the time but just so you know I will never suck up, good day" I feel like you see being respectful to people & players of the community are the same as sucking up to someone, which it is not. You also say "If someone wants my respect they'll have to be respectful" I'm curious, if someone is a disrespectful to you in a sit, are you going to handle & deal with it appropriately, or would you then turn round and start being disrespectful, because I'm trying to see your logic, but that's all I can interpret it as, If someone is being disrespectful in a sit, you are going to be disrespectful back because like you mentioned "If someone wants my respect, they'll have to be respectful"

Overall, I just feel like with this, and with you being disrespectful towards me for absolutely zero reason, I do not think you are a good fit for staff at this current moment of time.

Jaf

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral/-1

You're a good lad and you have a nicely made application, but I think you need to work on controlling your attitude more.

Dreddful

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+REP
-Effort
-Low Punishments
-Playtime

+/- REP

-REP N/A
-Staff Experience

7/10

Last edited: