Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Lamby's Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
========================================================================================================================================
Section A: Applicant’s background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Lamby

1.2 How old are you? 16

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? A little over a year

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:546033404

========================================================================================================================================

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Deathmatch) is where you kill someone with no reason behind doing so, MRDM is where you kill 4 or more people without reasoning with will be dealt with much more severity.
Example 1 - I just join the server switch to a job that has access to a lethal weapon and just kill someone in spawn or as I walk out of spawn, this is RDM as there is no roleplay reasoning for killing this player.
Example 2 - I see someone that killed me earlier during a rp situation I then proceed to go and kill them for earlier events, this is RDM as I died and start a new life therefore I have no knowledge of who this person is and I have just killed them with no reasoning.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) is the idea of once you have died during rp you start a new life with zero knowledge of your previous life, you should not return to the situation you were previously in.
Example 1 - Yesterday "James" killed me as he mugged me so I have logged on today and stabbed him for what he previously did to me, this is NLR as I should have no knowledge who he is let alone the fact that he killed me.
Example 2 - I am PD Raiding with people an officer kills me but as I respawn, I run back to continue the PD Raid, this is NLR as I am interacting with a situation from my previous life that I should not actually know about.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP - FearRP is where you are outnumbered by more than 1 person with firearms and you should act like you are scared for your life, therefore you should follow their every command without hesitation, failing to do so is breaking FearRP.
Example 1 - I am walking down the street and a van pulls up alongside me, 3 people jump out of the car each aiming a firearm at me, they order me to put my hands in the air. Without hesitation I should instantly raise my hands as I am fearing for my life at this point and want to do whatever to make sure I come out of this situation alive. Instead of doing this I pull out my firearm and start firing at them, this would be breaking FearRP as I am outnumbered by individuals with firearms.
Example 2 - I have just mugged someone, and SCO-19 pull up and all aim their guns at me and tell me to put my hands up and face the wall, I should do so without question as I am outnumbered and have absolutely no chance of getting away. Instead of obeying their commands I continue to run to try and evade them, this is breaking FearRP as I am outnumbered by individuals with firearms and should follow their commands without question.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is the prejudice / discrimination towards the gay community to cause distress / discomfort to someone for this reason.
Example 1 – Someone who is a part of the gay community kills someone during a PD raid and whilst they are on the floor dead, they start shouting abuse at this person using words like “fa**ot” as this is out of RP and obviously being used to attack the person.
Example 2 – In ooc someone says, “I hate gay people they should die”, this is homophobic as it is the targeting of a certain group of people and singling them out because of their beliefs. As this is in ooc it has nothing to do with RP and is totally out of context therefore they should be dealt with correctly.
(CONTEXT BASED)

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is the prejudice / discrimination of a particular group due to their ethnic background with the intent to cause distress.
Example 1 – Someone finds out that a certain player in game is from a specific race that they do not like, and they purposely target them and harass them for this reason, this is racism, and it is the prejudice towards a certain race and harassing them for this given reason.
Example 2 – Another example of this is if someone joins the server and starts spamming in ooc “I hate ni**ers” this is racism as they are specifically picking out a group of select individuals and targeting them for this reason and potentially causing them distress so they should be dealt with accordingly.
(CONTEXT BASED)

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First, I would bring Joe to the sit and ask him to explain what had happened and once I have an idea of his side of the story, I would check logs to see if this was the case or not, as William did advert carjack that is not the issue here. If there was solid evidence that William did steal an NHS vehicle, I would be warning him for this as rule B15 states “You may not commit crimes against NHS personnel”. I would then tell William to read over the rules and return them both to continue with their RP. After this I would then return the vehicle to the NHS member to allow them to continue RP.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First, I would bring Joe to the sit and ask him to explain what had happened and once I have an idea of his side of the story, I would check logs to see if there was an advert for PD raid and if there was there would not be an issue with FTA. Depending on where William was shot at would be the main concern for this sit as if it was inside of PD I would explain to Joe that there was a PD raid and this was a valid reason for him to be shot at, whereas if this happened outside of PD I would bring William to the sit and deal with him accordingly.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe’s base with no advert. Joe then kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First I would bring them both to a sit as they have both broken a significant number of rules and before checking logs I would warn Joe for Building on the Sidewalk when being a drug dealer as only hobos are permitted to do so. Then I would check logs to see if William did advert or not if he did not then I would warn him for “FTA” which is stated in rule D15. Joe is within his rights to kill William as he was in his base. But as William drives straight back I would have to warn him for NLR as William should have no knowledge of what happened in his previous life. After giving out the correct punishments for both sides I would then jail them both for an appropriate amount of time and tell them to read over the rules as they both do not have a clear understanding of them.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Depending on if Joe were aware of the advert would result in two different outcomes for him. If Joe were not aware of the meeting then I would verbally warn him as he carried out the correct procedures, therefore I do not think there should be any further punishment given other than telling him there would be consequences if it was to happen again. Whereas if he ran in PD and was fully aware of the meeting and did it to ruin others RP experience I would ban him for NITRP as he is just ruining the game for others.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
You should choose me over other applicants as although I do not have the most experience of staffing other servers I believe I do have an extensive amount of knowledge about this server and the rules, and I am completely open to closing any gaps in my knowledge. At the minute I currently have quite a bit of spare time and I will be dedicating a lot of it to this server; therefore, I will be very active on the server. I can also easily adapt to different scenarios that I am placed in and will achieve the correct outcome for both parties concerned.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
First of all, if there was any other staff online that I believe would know how to resolve the situation I would message them to come and help and listen to what they say so the next time that this happens I will be able to deal with it myself and close this gap in my knowledge.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
A little but only as a moderator nothing higher up.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff.
Time / Activity – I have a lot of time that I can dedicate to the server at the minute meaning if there are no online SOD I will be able to hop on and deal with any situations.
Unbiased – I can remain completely neutral and take 0 bias towards any side in a situation to ensure the correct outcome is given.
Knowledge of the rules – I know pretty much all the rules of the server and will be able to make sure to punish the people who break the rules accordingly.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you are staff:
School comes first – In the case I am given an assignment to complete I will make sure to do that before jumping on the server
Organisation – Sometimes I try to deal with more than one thing at a time but something I can easily grow out of
Competitive – I am often very competitive with may not be the best mindset in some cases but once again its something that I can grow out of.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
One reason that I want to be a staff member as recently there has been many occasions where there has not been a SOD online and myself or someone else has needed there to be so I can prevent this from happening by being active. I also spend a lot of my spare time on this server, so I want to further myself by helping others have a good RP experience on the server without any disruptions.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yeah

Taxman

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 knows the rules well and good staff application.

Your application is Decent, From my interactions with you in game you seem like a Nice guy, Plus one.

+1

I have had good interactions, its a decent app and you would be a good fit for staff.

Sky1ine

Staff Supervisor
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Management
Staff Member
+1, Active and friendly, have a good understanding of the rules and would be a great fit for staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom