Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Lenny's Staff App

Staff Member Requirements:
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. ✔️
- Cannot staff another server. ✔️
- Access to Discord. ✔️
- A working microphone. ✔️
- Clear understanding of the rules. ✔️

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Lenny
1.2 How old are you? 13
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Over 7 months.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:179596869
1.7 What is your Discord? AgentD_I#3688
1.8 References (if any)? Haven't asked

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: R.D.M = RDM stands for Random Death Match. It will be classified as RDM when you (or someone else) Is killed by someone for no apparent or have no roleplay going on the justify the murder.
Example 1: Player 1 is in Tescos and Player 2 shoots Player 1 and runs off.
Example 2: Player 1 is in a sit on top of the courthouse and gets shot by Player 2.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: N.L.R = NLR mean New Life Rule. When you dies NLR sets into place and you may not return to your place of death for 5 minutes or come close to it. There is a exception to NLR though which apply to Government. Government are allowed to go back to their designated buildings but NLR applies to anything else.. NCA to NCA, SCO-19 to Vauxhall and PD to PD.
Example 1: Player 1 gets raided by Player 2, Player 1 dies, gets a car and drives back.
Example 2: Player 1 is stopping a PD raid as SCO-19, he gets killed and returns straight away.

2.3: Define FailRP and provide two examples: I added this one in because I'm surprised its not on the normal application. FailRP is when a RP situation is going on and someone doesn't follow along or breaks role.
Example 1: Player 1 is held at gun point by Player 2, Player 1 switches jobs to avoid the RP
Example 2: Player 2 raiding Player 1 and he starts building during the raid and then removing all profitable items (Bitminers and such) and then switch's jobs.

2.4: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is set into place when a gun is pulled upon you or your life is at stake. FearRP prohibits you from defending yourself unless shots are fired. You must do everything the gun holder has like if they advert "Mug" or "Kidnap"
Example 1: Player 1 has a gun pulled on Player 2 and adverts "Mug", Player 2 shoots Player 1 killing him. Player 2 broke FearRP.
Example 2: Player 1 adverts kidnap and takes Player 2 to the cinema and holds him hostage, Player 2 escapes and kills Player 1.

2.5: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is when someone is discriminated for their sexuality.
Example 1: Player 1 is being called slurs for having a pride flag in their profile picture.
Example 2: Player 2 is being bullied for saying their Bi.

2.6: What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is when someone is discriminated for their colour of their skin, religion or ascent (birth country).
Example 1: Player 1 is being called a curry muncher for having a Indian ascent.
Example 2: Player 2 is being laughed at for being British.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take Joe to a safe place where we can't be interrupted and I would ask them for their side of their story. I would then take William and ask them for their side of the story privately from William so he can't be interrupted. I would then show to William that Joe DID advert Carjack but I would just let William know that he can't advert NHS vehicles. After I would send them all on their merry way.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take Joe and ask him his side of the story and then I would take William to a private place where he can't be interrupted by Joe and then I would compare stories, like where this happened and such. If everything matches up and he WAS in PD when Joe gets shot I'll let Joe know he advert PD raid and PD raid is KOS. If it WASN'T In PD I would give William a warning for RDM. After I would make sure everything is in order and send them on their way.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take Joe to ask him what he's doing and his side of what happened, I would then take William to another safe private place and ask him his side of the events. I would then see if things matched and then start dealing with it. Joe broke: NLR. William broke: FTA and RDM. I would give William a FTA and RDM warn in one and leave Joe on a verbal since you have to have some sympathy for the unfortunate event. I would have to give Joe a verbal on that Drug Dealers can't build on the sidewalk or anything which isn't a buyable estate. I would make sure everyone is happy and let them go.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take Joe to a safe place and ask him if him if he saw the advert and whether he knew a PD meeting was happening. He may of said he was AFK and didn't see and I would check logs to make sure everything adds up I'd let him off and let him know to be more careful but if he wasn't AFK or he did see it I would give him a warning.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I'm extremely active, (mostly) mature and professional.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Contact a higher up or get help from any other free mods and admins online.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Active, know a lot of stuff which may come in use and extremely contactable.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I may get a bit angry at points and my ego.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I especially want to help with the Events and make sure there's always a mod on to help.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Nope.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No :(
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yep

Last edited:

Jon

-1 From my experience from you, you are not yet experienced enough to be staff, you lack the fundamental knowledge that is crucial for being an excellent Staff member, Not to mention that not until recently you had used your brothers account, which you later said was your mates account, I do not believe you are mature enough for staff yet.

-1 From my experience from you, you are not yet experienced enough to be staff, you lack the fundamental knowledge that is crucial for being an excellent Staff member, Not to mention that not until recently you had used your brothers account, which you later said was your mates account, I do not believe you are mature enough for staff yet.
Jon, must you respond on every Staff Application I made and with the same comment?

Last edited:

Jon

Jon, must you respond on every Staff Application I made and with the same comment?
With you putting a laughing emoji on my perfectly valid -1 i believe i am still in the right.

With you putting a laughing emoji on my perfectly valid -1 i believe i am still in the right.
Nah, I genuinely thought it was funny. Also you never seemed to answer my question? No need to express that it's "valid" and why did you say your "still right" when I never said you were wrong?

You aren't too "astute" when it comes to taking the perspective of everyone's povs. Therefor think you might use being staff more as a perk to do whatever, other than actually helping every player that requires your help. (You said yourself and I quote "I especially want to help with the Events and help dispose of all minge". You can do most of that in ways that doesn't require staff.) I also believe you lack the essentials to carry out the duties clearly shown by the way you are responding to Jon's constructive criticism. Again as I've mentioned in your most previous application that you decided to withdraw as you realised you hadn't waited appropriate time to fill out a new one. There are a few things within your rule understanding/interpretation that I don't agree with. (I am really doubting you have staffing experience being that you aren't too far into your 13th year of life at least if it's gmod. Roblox or Minecraft that's fair, you seem like that type).
1683242391842.png
be a bit more precise in your app and add detail. maybe wait a year or two before you do an app. do not think its going anywhere anytime soon.
yours sincerely jack

Last edited:
You aren't too "astute"
Dude If I'm astute, that isn't a good thing. Astute in a nutshell is manipulating someone for someone else's benefit
"I especially want to help with the Events and help dispose of all minge". You can do most of that in ways that doesn't require staff.
I could just make a sit. Good idea. Maybe if it wasn't for the long wait times when the server is thriving so cut out the middle man.
Again as I've mentioned in your most previous application that you decided to withdraw as you realised you hadn't waited appropriate time to fill out a new one.
Not the full story but ok.
There are a few things within your rule understanding/interpretation that I don't agree with.
If you know the rules so well why don't you apply for staff? You did but from my knowledge you didn't get past the interview stage.

This is all I'm gonna responded to this since there is no part when you actually listen to me.

Dude If I'm astute, that isn't a good thing. Astute in a nutshell is manipulating someone for someone else's benefit

I could just make a sit. Good idea. Maybe if it wasn't for the long wait times when the server is thriving so cut out the middle man.

Not the full story but ok.

If you know the rules so well why don't you apply for staff? You did but from my knowledge you didn't get past the interview stage.

This is all I'm gonna responded to this since there is no part when you actually listen to me.
Well, I guess I should have gone for the word sagacious. Seems you can't even figure out what astute means. I was hoping you would try to be more astute, as in you listen to everyones side to understand the whole sit as well as know how to make everyone able to understand what might have gone wrong or not to as why the sit was called then make a fair verdict. Server might be thriving but the staff members who are on, half of the time don't go sod to help out or answer sits. Seems to me the server has loads, just lazy ones. Shouldn't be the trial mods and the mods to do sits. I would understand if they are told to do sits just shouldn't have to be them all the time. Nevertheless am I interested in being staff for Riverside anymore? However I appreciate you taking the time to research on it. (I did get past and made it to srmod). Just take the criticism and learn from it instead of trying to argue with those who are trying to help you be better. Doesn't look good on you that you answer to the verdicts instead of just accepting them.

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
-1, Argumentative, I don't think you would be able to deal with a situations properly if someone believed you were wrong. `not mature enough for staff yet

+1 Nice guy I met recently and is very helpful. Gave me good tips with the server that even I didn't know. I've seen a couple of staff members in game, not the forums, be a bit aggressive against him, but thats really all.

The starting of your application was really strong you showed good knowledge of the rules and good explanations in some areas. The section that has turned my opinion was Section C. This section contains extremely short answers that could easily be expanded on. Some questions in this section have also failed to be answered. Another thing to point is age, I understand that people can be mature at younger ages but I don't believe you have the maturity, personal skills and qualities to match the suit of being a staff member. You have also replied to other peoples comments with an argumentative response. I believe staff members should be able to take criticism and use it to their advantage to better themselves. Replying to these comments also show a lack of maturity.

This may seem brutal but I have put all my positives and negatives below, this helped break down my decision.

Positives;

1) Good definitions and examples for Section B
2) Good answer for 2.7. Covering different outcomes
3) 2.8. Good knowledge of rules surrounding building on sidewalks

Negatives;

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I'm extremely active, (mostly) mature and professional.
Short answer that could be expanded upon. Could have mentioned experience, skills and qualities.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Contact a higher up or get help from any other free mods and admins online.
Quite vague. Could have expanded upon that by adding in about re-checking rules or simplifying the situation to make it easier to understand. Staffing alone is a good skill to have as other members of the team may not always be available.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes
Could have expanded onto this by mentioning how many other servers you have staffed (obviously without mentioning server names). Could have also added in what positions you were in the servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Active, know a lot of stuff which may come in use and extremely contactable.
Vague answer. No mention of your personal strengths. "know a lot of stuff" this is extremely vague aswell. Being active on the server is also expected of a staff member so I don't see the need this be added as a strength.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I may get a bit angry at points and my ego.
Failure to list 3 weaknesses. Would have liked to see explanations into why your weaknesses can make you a better person. Also short and vague.

Top Bottom