Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Mathew - Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Mathew
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
I think about 2 weeks
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:154531899
1.7 What is your Discord?
mathew8819
1.8 References (if any)?
Blackhole

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RandomDeathMatch also known as RDM is when you have no reason to kill someone so you just do it for fun.
  1. One example is that Player A just decides to walk up to Player B and kills them without saying anything.
  2. Another example is when Player A is talking with Player B and Player B says something that Player A doesn't like and they just kill them then that would also be RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New life rules also known as NLR is when every time you die you start a new life.
  1. One example is when Player B kills someone then Player B shouldn't know anything that happened in that life.
  2. Another example is when Player B gets killed he shouldn't go back to the area while there is an active situation for at least 5 minutes.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when you should fear for your life
  1. One example is when Player A is pointing a gun at Player B then Player B should fear for his life and follow all instructions given etc.
  2. Another example is when Player B is doing his daily activities he should also do what he would do in real life so don't take risks that you wouldn't take in real life. Like, don't try to crash your car etc.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when you show dislike to someone who is LGBTQ+
  1. One example is Player A says he doesn't like or hate gay people.
  2. Another example is when player A doesn't treat someone who is a part of LGBTQ+ the same as they would treat someone who isn't. Like not letting people who are LGBTQ+ join in with their RP but letting people who are not LGBTQ+.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is when you show dislike for someone's race or ethics
  1. One example is Player A runs around saying they don't like a set race or ethnic group.
  2. Another example is Player A runs around killing only people of an ethnic group or race and not people of other groups.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring William to sit with Joe. Then explain to William that the NHS is protected and he can not steal their vehicles under any circumstances. No matter if you adverted it or not. Then I would explain to Joe that he did advert to carjack but NHS are protected so even though he did he is not allowed to steal them.

Depending how new William is to the server would depend if I give a verbal warning or a warning. I would also tell him to read the rules by typing !motd

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check the logs to see if William did an advert PD raid then take it from there. I would also ask Joe where he was killed to see if he was killed in the PD or not.

If William did advert PD raid and Joe was killed in PD then I would explain to Joe that William did not break any rules as he did advert PD Raid. Then send them both back to where they were.

If William didn't advert PD Raid then I would explain to William that you must advert PD raid before killing anyone and tell him to read the rules. As he killed 6 people already I would then probably ban him for Mass RDM depending on how he was acting in the sit.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first check logs to make sure William didn't advert and broke NLR. And tell William when raiding someone you must advert it in chat. I will also tell him that he is not allowed to go back to where he was before and act on his old life as that is breaking NLR. I would tell William to read the rules then probably ban him for RDM and NLR depending on how he was in the sit.

If possible I would then try and comp Joe for his lost drugs and try to take away the money from William.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check the logs and make sure he did that. Then I would tell Joe he is not allowed to mess with the PD while they are in a meeting. And tell Joe what he did would be mass RDM. I would then probably depend on how new Joe is to the server and ban him for Mass RDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I believe you should pick me over other applicants as I have quite a bit of experience in being a staff and I only like playing on one server and this is the one server I'm playing on a lot. Also, I have some skills that will help me a lot with being a member of the staff team that I will list below.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle, what would you do?
I would first look at the staff handbook or message another member of staff for advice on what to do.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
I have been a staff member on quite a lot of Gmod servers from trial mod all the way up to Owner. Most of the servers I was staffed on did have quite a big player base but then some of them did have a lower player base so I have a mix of every type.
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I believe I have many strengths that will help me with being a staff but here are three of them:
  1. Leadership: I believe I have very strong leadership skills that could help me in the staff team when dealing with sits. As from my past experience I have gotten throughout me playing Gmod and other games like Arma 3.
  2. Communication: My communication skills have improved a lot through my experience on Gmod and even in real life with working with the NHS as I have learnt how to efficiently communicate to people to get my point across. I believe this will help me a lot with being a staff as being a staff involves a lot of communication.
  3. Problem Solving: I have very strong problem-solving skills from all my experience in real life and in games. WIth being in leadership positions and in positions that require a lot of problem solving for example working in the NHS or owning your own server. This will be a massive help to me in the staff team as I would have to deal with hard situations sometimes that will require a lot of problem-solving.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Three of my weaknesses are as follows:
  1. Sometimes I might be a bit too nice. But if someone has broken the rules then I would be more straight as that would be messing up the fun for other people.
  2. I sometimes take on too many tasks at once leading to me having too much on my plate. But I have been working on saying no to some other tasks or asking someone else to do it.
  3. I will be able to be active but sometimes I might now be able to do a few hours every day as I have work sometimes and uni but I will do my best to do at least 2 hours a day. But on some other days, I will be able to do more.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I would like to be a staff member on this server as I believe this server is the best PoliceRP server out there and even the best Gmod server. I like how it is a British server as I'm from the United Kingdom. Also, I really like the community this server has as everyone I have interacted with has been really nice and likes to have a good laugh. And, with my time on the server, I have liked getting to play on the NHS team as I like getting to heal everyone after their gunfight. I have also had a wee break from Gmod and this is the first server I have come back to and wanted to play a lot. With that being I miss being a staff member and getting to help people have fun on the server as I know how annoying it can be if you are just trying to have fun and someone keeps breaking rules. Overall I want to help the server to the best of my abilities. I would love to have the opportunity to be a staff member on this server.
3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I do not have any disabilities that would impact my ability as a member of the staff team.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes, I do. I would be more than happy to provide any more information if required.

JSR

Neutral

I haven't seen you in the game before, but I am currently on LOA and haven't been online for a while, so that might just be me. However, the staff application looks great!

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Also Neutral

I'm afraid I haven't seen you often, but that might just be me. Regardless you have an impressive application so well done!

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Neutral
Never seen you in game but your staff application looks ok.

Neutral I haven't seen you ingame, However this is a good application!

Last edited:
+1

I've seen you in game a few times, all of the interactions that I have had with you were all positive. Your application is really good and I can't fault you on anything. I think you would make an amazing staff member.

+1

Good application, I've seen you on the server lots of time and you are a great NHS HU with the great professionalism and maturity.
Overall, got good potential for Staff

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Accepted

Please contact me, Azz or Parks to schedule an interview

Status
Not open for further replies.