Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Metagaming warn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Name: Taxman
SteamID64: STEAM_0:1:527357674
Date of warning issue: 02/01/24
Member of staff: Vakash
Warning reason (screenshot): Metagaming
Why should we remove the warning?: I was in front of mall with Tony Stank, and he carjacked my vehicle in front of me. He then went and returned a minute later to the exact same location where he carjacked my vehicle within the same life. When he came back this time, he only changed the color of his suit. I shot him for carjacking my vehicle when he came back and he proceeded to report me for metagaming. In RP, since he was in the same life, I could recognize him from his voice, his face, and the fact that he came back to the exact location he was constantly hanging around in before he carjacked my vehicle. From these details, I could easily determine that it was the same person that took my car, despite the fact that he only changed his suit color. So, I proceeded to shoot him for this exact reason, and I was later warned for it. I believe that the actions I did were completely reasonable, and I tried to RP it as realistically as possible. For this reason, I think that the warn given out was too harsh, especially because it was not a clear breakage of the metagaming rule, and in my opinion I think it was a reasonable action to take because I could easily identify the carjacker based on the details given above, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could consider the reasons that led me to believe I had identified the carjacker correctly and remove my warn. Thank you for your understanding.

hello taxman

as i explained in the sit. I spoke to someone who was a higher rank than me and they said that if they changed what they wear you shouldn't know what they look like and it counts as a metagaming and you then said that it was fine

i do apologise for any confusion but i was also going by what someone who was a higher rank than me

Taxman

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
I said it was fine when you said that you will still go ahead and warn me and that I could appeal it on the forums. I still believe that this was not a clear breakage of the metagaming rule as I tried to RP it as realistically as possible and I did not have any intention of breaking the metagaming rule, since he only changed the color of his suit and everything else was still the same, including the player coming back to the exact location he was always hanging out, same facial features, same voice, and that it was within the same life in which he carjacked the vehicle. Again, a warn for this situation is too harsh because I did not intentionally break this rule and it was a confusing situation due to the reasons I explained above. Thank you.

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
Accepted.

Since he only changed clothes and you did not die I would see that as in roleplay. As long as you have another way of knowing what he looks like voice, face and so on. But don't go for normal stuff which other people have like if he is bald and that is what you are going off of then I can see how that might be metagaming since a lot of models are bald. So just make sure to go off a thing that "only" he would have like face or voice type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom