Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Mic Spam Exceptions should be made clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion: There is a lack of clarity as to when mic spamming is and isn't appropiate, I have myself been told to have it in an rp friendly situation, put dj in my name and just today I found out after 2.5 months of being on the server you apparently have to be a hobo/hobo king.
The fact that you also have to be a hobo means that The Queens (a music venue) is essentially useless unless someone else owns it and gives you permission to use it.
There appears to be no clear explanation of any of this in the server rules but these hidden rules seem to also vary based on which staff members are online.

How will this benefit the community:
This will make it clear for players and staff to know when it may be appropiate to mic spam (such as playing reasonable audio/music, not horrific earrape).
The way staff deal with mic spam can be kept consistant and equal between all staff members, preventing players from being given conflicting information.
Players can be made aware in advance as to what is appropiate and inappropiate to mic spam (such as music vs deafening audio).
The significant amount of conflicting information myself and other people have been given is usually quite vague,

The Community Rules & Regulations do not specify micspam however they do state "Spamming in any shape or form is not allowed."
This suggests that the playing of music itself is not automatically spam, rather the context is important.
For example, if I were to go to a secluded part of the map, such as Queens, with text screen clearly stating that it will have music, only people who want to listen have to go in therefore it is not spam. However, if I were to start blasting out a soundboard, or loud music in a PD meeting that would be micspam as it is not an appropriate time.
If any other staff members have a different definition please feel free to correct me.

Azz

Neutral-
A9Common senseApply common sense where applicable.

The Community Rules & Regulations do not specify micspam however they do state "Spamming in any shape or form is not allowed."
This suggests that the playing of music itself is not automatically spam, rather the context is important.
For example, if I were to go to a secluded part of the map, such as Queens, with text screen clearly stating that it will have music, only people who want to listen have to go in therefore it is not spam. However, if I were to start blasting out a soundboard, or loud music in a PD meeting that would be micspam as it is not an appropriate time.
If any other staff members have a different definition please feel free to correct me

Agreed with this, spamming music right next to spawn is probably not a good way to go, but there are times where music is beneficial to RP situations

fzn

Agreed with this, spamming music right next to spawn is probably not a good way to go, but there are times where music is beneficial to RP situations
this

It all depends on the situation and the context. If you are driving around in a car playing annoying music, it could be classed as mic spam, however setting up a DJ booth or being in the club playing music is different.

If any other staff members have a different definition please feel free to correct me.
The main issue I have with this is I bought a base and converted it into a music venue, and got warned for mic spam only because I wasn't a hobo/hobo king, which I was never told was a requirement, the other issue was there was (and still is) a player on the server intentionally targetting/harassing me and he decided to complain about it and the staff online decided to agree I was in the wrong for not being a hobo/hobo king. The same player has attempted to get me warned and gagged in the past even when I was following every single requirement I was told.

Jabbers

Community Owner
Community Management
The main issue I have with this is I bought a base and converted it into a music venue, and got warned for mic spam only because I wasn't a hobo/hobo king, which I was never told was a requirement, the other issue was there was (and still is) a player on the server intentionally targetting/harassing me and he decided to complain about it and the staff online decided to agree I was in the wrong for not being a hobo/hobo king. The same player has attempted to get me warned and gagged in the past even when I was following every single requirement I was told.
I would recommend that you appeal your warn here

this

It all depends on the situation and the context. If you are driving around in a car playing annoying music, it could be classed as mic spam, however setting up a DJ booth or being in the club playing music is different.
This sums it up perfectly, I don't think it needs its own rule, A6 and A9 are clear enough

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom