Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Mr Nobodys staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nobody

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Mr Nobody
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? since sometime in 2021
1.5 Are you fluent in English? I would say so
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:164174301
1.7 What is your Discord? ihackerex(no tag)
1.8 References (if any)? John Fries

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: It is a shortened version of Random Death match meaning killing a person without a legitimate reason.
Bob runs up to Bartholomew and kills him for no reason with his Ar-15.
Bartholomew goes up to Barry and stabs him in the back thus killing him.
Both cases of RDM

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: This is the shortened version of the New Life Rule meaning when you die you come back in an entirely different life and you do not remember anything from the previous one.
Bob gets killed in a shootout and right after respawning goes back to the same location.
Milton dies while raiding PD and right after respawning goes back and continues to raid.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRp is when 2 or more people are pointing pointing guns at you or if you do not have a gun but they do, this is supposed to make so the person being pointed at fear for their life and do what the pointer tells them to do.
Bob is being mugged by 2 people with guns but he pulls out his weapon and kills them both anyways.
Larry is being kidnapped by two people with guns but instead of listening to them he runs away not caring if he gets shot.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:Homophobia is when someone is disrespecting a person for their sexual orientation or because they are part of the LGBTQ+ community.
Larry is murdered by Bob because he is a homosexual.
Barry kills Bob in a fair fight but then Bob calls him the F slur.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:Racism is when someone gets discriminated against because of their origin, for example skin colour.
Harry gets called the N word after winning a fair fight with bob.
Perry is walking on the pavement then bob walks by and calls him the N word just because of his character's skin colour.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I bring them both and ask if they have a video or such of the incident. Then i tell Joe that William did advert but he did also steal a NHS vehicle which is not allowed so I send him back. I then speak to William. I will either warn him or verbally warn him if he has not done it before. If he has done it before I would warn him then jail him for a while to read up on the rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I first check if Joe has proof of the incident and check if it was actually in the pd. Then I look in the logs to see if William adverted and if he killed everyone in the pd or outside the pd. If he killed them inside I would not even bring him because he did nothing wrong. Otherwise I would bring him and say that he will be warned for MassRdm then get him banned.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring them both to ask for both of their stories as to why they did what they did. Then say to William that he both broke NLR, RDM and also FTA I would warn him for all of those and also make him return the drug profits to the drug dealer then jail him for a while to read the rules. Then I would say to joe that he can't build a base on the sidewalk unless he is a hobo so I would make him remove his base from the sidewalk and possibly warn him if he has done it multiple times.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring Joe and ask him why he did a major crime while there is a PD meeting. If he has done this before I would ban him for MassRDM. If he has never done it before I would warn him for major crimes during pd meeting and also Jail him to read up on the rules. If i truly believe it was a mistake like he did the bombing like a couple seconds after the advert of pd meeting so he did not notice or such then maybe i'll let him off the hook if he reimburses all the damage done to other players guns or other equipment.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe I could be a good staff member and I have a good knowledge of the rules. I don't have all the experience on staffing servers but I do personally believe that I could become a good staff member after getting some pointers in the right direction. I am also very active unless I am at some sort of family activity otherwise I'm basically on from 16 to sometimes 3 in the morning with some time for food and some other things.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
Call another staff member if any available to help me out with the situation. because i believe that working together is much better that working alone.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No(technically 1 server but it had like at max 5 players son does not count really)

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I would say that I am not quick to anger, I am accommodating and I am very active.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I overthink, I can easily see negatives in things(mostly things IRL) and I dont always sleep enough.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I feel like I could help out the community of the server I have been most active on during my entire time on Gmod. I want to have a higher purpose on the server than to just drive around aimlessly.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Maybe that my english grammar is not the best but otherwise no.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Sure

Last edited:

john fries

+1 Super active member of the community, Super friendly and a great guy when asking for help and has a perfect understanding of the rules due to how long they have been playing. Would be a great fit for staff.

+1 Calm, great and understands the rules of the game. Also a funny person, would love to see you as a staff.

Last edited:
+1 honestly an amazing player, understands the rules, funny as shit, and a very helpful player. he honestly deserves staff.

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Thank you for taking the time to make this application. I'm impressed with what you've written and you clearly have made a positive impact on the community. Contact me or any other staff management members for an interview!

Accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom