Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied "NCA" is broken, and this is what we as a community need!

Suggestion: Bringing a complete and total restoration to MI5, a very powerful defensive department, while fixing all of the bugs and neglect the department has been given.

To successfully do this, we will need all the information necessary to bring a full restoration. Things to do, not limited to but, will include:

• Restoring all ranks from "NCA constable, etc-" to "Mi5 Agent, etc. The list of all ranks from Mi5 will be displayed here:
    1643934582687.png
    These unique rank names, /name abbreviations and the powerful satisfaction being in the MI5 gave, was one of the main intriguing and endearing parts of the department, unlike now where it is basically "PD 2". It felt like you were climbing some serious ranks back then. Because you were, unlike today!

• The salaries for all of the Mi5 ranks are significantly less than its other job counterparts.
    1643934838742.png
    850 SALARY FOR AN MI5 ELITE SECURITY OFFICER?!? Serious bruh moment right there.

• All the "NCA" jobs are actually still named by their Mi5 origins! Take a look for yourself
    1643934955830.png
    This information is displayed in the F1 menu, which gives you a searchable list of all the games chat commands that start with forwardslash (/). So amazing how it was designed, a shame to see it in such shambles nowadays.
  • Another one of Robbo's stupid ideas here, was making it so that the "all new (back then)" PaDP department which forcefully replaced MI5, now have two choosable playermodels.
    An instantly recognisable police unit that looks way too much like an SCO19:
    1643935573514.png

And a playermodel that is the SAME as one of the suited citizen playermodels, which is absolutely ridiculous, getting killed more by friendly police than criminals!:
    1643935656372.png

This was a TERRIBLE idea. The Undercover NPC is supposed to be the thing making you look like a citizen, not your own police outfit!

Meanwhile, the ICONIC playermodels used by the glorious MI5, 24/7 (Which even featured Female playermodels! So progressive!):
    1643936048227.png
    1643936494980.png

The trend back then was pretty much "The darker your suit, the higher up rank you have." All lower downs had brighter navy suits.
    There was no denying that this playermodel set is an iconic staple of Riverside's history. Truly a department to fear as a criminal! Just ignore the fact that it says FBI on the tags, I'm sure they could be retextured easily, which I am glad to see riverside being good at nowadays. :)
    I am able to more than happily help out in giving the right job ranks the correct respective playermodel(s)!
  • The 40mm grenade ammo packs are missing from the armory room of MI5! In my days as Director General, I would always make it very important to inform all Agents of the appropriate handling precautions and safety with such a weapon, even being restricted from all use when a Prime Minister was offline, and being able to clear out bank-raids with the same firepower and fearless determination. Seriously such a wasted opportunity here.
    1643936853824.png
  • This one isn't even related to MI5 or "NCA", literally only one of these M1911's spawn at server restart on this table and thats it. If it's intended use is for it to be "The Prime Minister's Gun", why doesn't the PM/DPM spawn with it instead!?!?!? Big bruh moment right there.
    1643937182911.png

This concludes my little list full of brain-food that documents and shine's light on MI5's years of neglect.
Think of it how you will.

How will this benefit the community:
The good vibes, the satisfying climb of the ranks, the engaging gameplay and significant authority that Mi5 brought the player's of riverside back then, instead of today's watered down offering is astonishing!
All the old-school players of Riverside fondly remember what MI5 brought to the table, only to have everything left in ruins by the one and only Robbo.
If anyone who was higher up or a significant member of Traffic Police is reading this, I highly encourage you to do the same style of suggestion, so that Riverside can become more diverse and flourish with satisfying gameplay.

1643938186779.png
Link(s):
Models

Last edited:
+1 +1 +1 either make NCA MI5 or make it PADP (or both??? naaaaah probs make PADP a lil sub dept like PPO is)
MI5 ALL THE WAY! Robbo was the one who forced the unholy birth of PADP and its gameplay, which was definitely the hardest department to manage ever, especially under his rule
1643941010675.png

+1 head elite or asstexecmngr actually feel and sound like high ranks and when getting promoted in mi5 it feels you are seriously climbing the ranks while in nca its just pd 2 as whiplash said

-1 no point lol, no valid point that would make me +1 this
its just ROB IS BAD ROB RUIN MI5...

Azz

+1 and -1, it’s a great idea but there would need to be a significant amount of planing to make this actually happen. Would love to see it happen tho. Plus there would need to be more significant changes to the service as well, in order to make the transition worth the effort.

literally complaining over nothing, NCA needs to sort their ranks and members out before sorting out anythin else.

+1

seems like a very good idea I love the whole agent idea and I think it would just be very good and all-round spice up the server a bit.

The department is easily able to multitask, it just takes that little bit of determination and effort to bring change for the better within this community. I'd know because I was there.

Plus, having more higher up positions will mean an increased amount of higher-up activity within this department, which helps tremendously for everyone. Forgot to mention this in the main post! Assistant Deputy Director General was a pretty lit rank

fzn

No clue how you got the impression that the person who you say changed it actually did change it, it wasn't his idea nor was it his responsibility.
So you are saying: rename=fix?

Plus, having more higher up positions will mean an increased amount of higher-up activity within this department
Also this is not true, we've seen it not work on PD and SCO.

Not to throw shade here, but I have to agree with fzn. if you want to know why NCA isn't like it used to be, it's because of inactive leadership and a lack of incentive to play on the department

Not to throw shade here, but I have to agree with fzn. if you want to know why NCA isn't like it used to be, it's because of inactive leadership and a lack of incentive to play on the department
literally complaining over nothing, NCA needs to sort their ranks and members out before sorting out anythin else.
"NCA needs to sort their ranks and members out before sorting out anythin else."

100% agree with bugzzy

Jabbers

Community Owner
Community Management
  • So your first suggestion is a name change, which I'm not sure how this alone is supposed to "bring a full restoration".
  • Yeah the salaries do need updating

• So amazing how it was designed, a shame to see it in such shambles nowadays.
    Not exactly sure what your point is on this one
  • "which is absolutely ridiculous, getting killed more by friendly police than criminals!:"
    So the point of the suit system was that a suit should only be equipped whilst protecting the PM. This means 90% of the time a normal policing outfit should be worn, so it shouldn't really be that confusing.
  • Was NCA ever given 40mm?
  • That's a map issue

So I'm not exactly sure how you think some name changes and playermodel changes will bring activity to this department. Sure, a cosmetic update may be refreshing but I think the inactivity problem lies deeper than this and is the fact that NCA is the only department that doesn't really have its own "role". PD does general policing activities, SCO19 responds to armed situations, and then NCA is sat in the middle without a main objective or goal. I don't think these things alone will do anything to positively benefit activity, not only because of my reasons above, but also because we have renamed, changed models many times before, and doing it again won't solve anything.

Top Bottom