Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Pringles staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Pringles
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 10 months.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:628242221
1.7 References (if any)? None.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Death Match) is the act of killing somebody without a valid reason.
Example 1: Trappy kills lamby for making unfunny joke.
Example 2: Jakey kills jabbers because he felt like doing it.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) is the act of dying in an active situation, therefore the player must not interact or come back and forget their past.
(Cooldown is 5 minutes)
Example 1: Hybrid starts a PD raid. The police force gets in and successfully kills hybrid. Hybrid respawns in and goes back immediately to continue the raid.
Example 2: Lamby has been mugged and killed by a thief, Lamby then proceeds to go back to the thief and murder him. (NLR and RDM)

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Fear RP is when you are outnumbered by two or more armed players and refuse to comply.
Example 1; A Gang of 3 armed people comes up to Jakey and kidnaps him, furthermore, the gang requested couple of commands for jakey to follow, but Jakey did not follow any of the commands that were demanded by the gang and took his gun out and shot all of them.
Example 2: The SCO-19 outnumbered an armed thief and was given warnings to surrender, therefore the thief takes out his gun and start shooting the SCO-19.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is discriminating/hate/fear of the LGBTQ+ community.
Example 1: William harassed and targeted Jon for being a homosexual person.
Example 2: William constantly keeps calling thomas a f*ggot for being a part of the LGBTQ community.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is an act of discrimination or prejudice against people based on their ethnic / race.
Example 1: Calling someone the N word.
Example 2: Calling a foreign a Paki.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To start off, I will bring both players into a staff sit and get both sides of the story. I would then explain to william that stealing an NHS Vehicle is the against the server rules, and warn him for crimes against NHS. I would inform Joe that william did advert a carjack however its still against the server rules to steal NHS vehicle, lastly I would end the sit and return both players to their original location.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players into a staff sit, ask for both sides of the story, I would proceed off by william, I would check if he adverted PD Raid, if he did advert I would inform Joe that william had adverted PD Raid and that he can kill anybody inside the building, but if Joe was being shot outside of PD then I would warn william for it, but if William did not advert pd raid and it was his intentions to Mass-RDM then I would request to ban him for Mass RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players to a staff sit, and listen to both sides of the story; I'd tell Joe (the drug dealer) that he can't establish bases on the sidewalk and he must remove it and find the right place to build his base, However, I would warn william for FTA, RDM Revenge, and NLR. And he'd get a cooldown ban as he'd gotten three warnings, and in conclusion I would give them a link to read over the rules so it doesn't happen again and end the sit.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players to a staff sit, I would ask for both sides of the story, I would start off by Joe, I would tell him bombing is strictly prohibited when there's a pd meeting as the Commander William adverted "Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. if joe did not see the advert and apologised for his actions, I would jail/warn him.
But if joe did it on purpose I would ban him for Mass RDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
You should choose me over other applicants because I have the passion for being the next Riverside Staff Member, I believe I can be a valuable asset to the staff team, I have experience being a staff member on multiple Gmod Game-modes, I am a problem solver, fast learner, and have the necessary skills and qualities required to become a staff member.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would first check out the Staff Guide Handbook, and if it didn't help much, I would ask in discord staff chat or in-game staff members to assist me in my staff sit.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, previous experience of being Trial Moderator in a relative PoliceRP server, previous experience of being a Moderator in a Military RP server, and lastly previous experience of being staff in a DarkRP server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Honesty, trustworthiness, integrity, non-bias decisions,

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: School, some background noises.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to become a staff member because I want to help moderate the server and keep it organized. I also want to be able to help new members feel welcome and help them get settled in. I would like to help people have an enjoyable experience free of distributions, I have knowledge of the rules and a well mannered person.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.
Thanks for reading my application, I always try my best.

Yes I am Mo, sometimes I use different names to rp. For once I hope I become staff one day seriously.

+1 I have seen Pringles on a lot recently and he has been remaining professional and listening to the rules personally I think he deserves to be on the staff team 🤷🏻‍♂️

jakey

Forums Manager
Graphics Designer
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
-1 never on the server, or at least not active enough for staff. Pretty bad reputation, maybe if it changed then it's a possibility

-1 never on the server, or at least not active enough for staff. Pretty bad reputation, maybe if it changed then it's a possibility
I'm pretty active jakey, and I am 100% going to complete every staff time each week. If I get to be staff I would do everything required. For my reputation, it has already changed and got way better than before, well to say, my reputation is only bad to you and maybe hybrid for multiple situations that happened 5 months ago in NCA.
Trust me I'm such a friendly person and I just want to fix everything. Thank you for your comment jakey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom