Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Raff is gonna finally do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Raff
1.2: How old are you? 22
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? YR+
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:166979807
1.7: What is your Discord? Raff#1848
1.8: References (if any)? Majority of Staff from before and today know me well, HOD in SCO, NCA, PD and all of T know me.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is the engagement in killing another player without a valid RP reason hence called Random Death Match. Raff goes to PD and shoots a PCSO staring at him, no valid RP reason. Raff goes to PD Training Grounds and shoots at new recruits and cadet on site.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples: Metagaming is when you use OOC or Out of Character context to gain better information or information you typically wouldn't get without an open chat. An example would be before tablets PD would respond to Advert Raids which are technically metagaming. Another example would be Arresting or Shooting someone during combat as you saw the name Assist but they havent engaged in the activity yet.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is when you value your life and you listen to peoples orders when you are outmanned, gunned, or held at gunpoint for that matter. Raff and another T Member jump out of a car and advert Kidnap with 2 weapons drawn, your officially under FearRP. Raff and an Assistee go to mug a PD member with 2 weapons drawn, officially under FearRP.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: Cop baiting is the act of doing illegal actions purposely infront of PD or to PD to gain attention and bring them to what it is you want to be at. Raff is driving a car and crashes into PD to get them to chase or pull him over is one example. Raff puts a keycard into the PD Keycard Door to force PD to come to the front while citizens are being funneled onto government property.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: Discrimination is a truly broad spectrum term and covers a majority of reasons, but anything regarding the exclusion, segregation, harassment, or any type of demeaning to a player or related players. Two examples would be someone sees a Furry profile picture and proceeds to harass them about it in OOC. Another example would be someone is slow to talk and gets called Autistic or Retarded for it.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
In resolving this sit, I would ask if other side has a clip to prove their cases. Then, Dave would be warned for Crimes against NHS, on top of this by crashing into multiple parked cars its clear he is a minge or new player so a verbal or jail in this situation wouldn't be deemed necessary nor fair based on Dave's Actions.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
William may be in the right when killing Joe, however further reviewal of the other 3 people would be the critical step in moving forward with William being on the server. Now although William might've killed 3 other people with car bombs, we would have to prove they were adverted and within cooldowns, to my recollection Staff cant act unless there is a report for it. However in this situation, I would check kill logs with hitman logs (I believe they exist to my recollection) and any possible clips to prove my theory of MASSRDM and then move forward with disciplinary measures if it can be proven.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
James owns a base which means that you are KoS on his grounds if your not welcome. Although hes advertising a public business service he is allowed to kill people at his discretion. However in this case and with further context, if they trespassed into the back, were minging, or any other valid reason he can kill them. However without a clip to prove this theory, it would make it hard to move forward with disciplinary measures behind no context behind the reasons for the killings. So talking to the victims and using a clip if they can provide one would allow us to move forward in this scenario.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Bobby would likely be teleported to or brought to a staff area and given a verbal warning and heads up about base raiding and major crimes. If he went back to the base to continue it would be a warn or further discipline if he kept continuing during the PD Meeting.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? As a member of RSRP who has gone through the MOTD consistently to prove or refute theories of how someone is wrong, im very knowledgeable in the handbook and have been through enough staff sits to know how to conduct myself effectively.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Call for a higher ranked admin or the next best thing to better assist me.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Activity, Knowledge, Server Experience

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: If I know a point is valid Its unlikely to sway me another way, Fine with getting into debates, Strong disciplinarian

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? The reason behind finally being a staff member is I truly believe that it would better let me understand the server as a whole but contribute to keeping the server its current pace. Ive been here a year and seen staff come in and out but the server remain the way it is. Think I can add some foresight or a different perspective to the Staff side.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Sure

Jaf

+1

Very active, good application and a good T co-leader :)

-Jaf

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Unfortunately its a -1 from me.

Dont get me wrong, you're a good lad and im sure youll do well in the server. But staff isnt for you. When things dont go your way you can be rather insufferable. I believe due to your current attitude you would bring the staff team into disrepute and overall cause discourse within the ranks.

This in no way affects the way I think of you as a HUM within a faction, I just do not believe you are fit for staff.

Kindly
Burketon

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

Seen you in-game and roleplayed before with you before, most times are fun but sometimes you are dreadful to roleplay with if you don't like the current roleplay situation. And looking at the staff application, it's below my expectations, for example looking at 2.8 you never mentioned basing on the sidewalk is againts the rules as a gun dealer. It's partially fine that you missed that, but you also mentioned "As a member of RSRP who has gone through the MOTD consistently." So I just don't see quite an effort in this application, it's also quite messy and could be setup better.

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member

Good evening, I'll say things how it is, as it is easier to get the information across, I do not intend for any feelings to be hurt.

I have interacted with you numerous times, and I cannot say I have had a positive interaction with yourself, there has been multiple occasions where you have directly insulted me for simply doing my job, whether this is through roleplay or not, it's still not a nice thing to do, but I just shake it off and move on. You put your emotions into the game excessively, which I can respect, and I can understand things get emotional, things get heated, but numerous times you have come across rude, arrogant & disrespectful towards not only myself, but a lot of NCA & other players cruising around. You attempt to cause an issue in every and any situation that doesn't go your way, you feel the need to always be right, you cannot handle any sort of criticism. As mentioned above by Burketon, you are a good bloke, you do have your moments at times, but your reputation deceives you. I have recently stumbled across some stuff relating to yourself, there has recently been a player report on you, I won't go into detail, but a comment from Gatesway was that, "You're bending the rules, this time unsuccessfully." - If you are genuinely trying to become a staff member with the right intentions, and to help people for the better, you should know the rules, you should know what you can & cannot do, you shouldn't feel the need to bend the rules to your advantage, it's not something that should be occurring. Another thing I have came across is that you were recently warned for RDM, as mentioned above by Bobness, and he quoted you on this, "As a member of RSRP who has gone through the MOTD consistently" - you should know by now what RDM is.

If I'm totally honest Raff, I would highly recommend to improve your reputation, learn how to speak to people with respect, and if things don't go your way, take it on the chin & improve from it, you need to understand that it is just a game, people play to have fun, people play for an escape, people play to kill time, dealing with some of the situations I have been in with yourself is not a nice feeling & is not something I regularly want to do.

Take care,
flx

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I've only had a few interactions with you in-game, some bad and some good. It's not quite enough for me to make a decision about voting for you yet. However, your application seems decent enough.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Huge -1

Note: I am saying exactly what I am thinking. Not to hurt or upset anyone, but to give a clear view as to why I am giving a -1

I have had many interactions with you, Both on the same and opposite sides of the street. In RP you are a fine lad but in almost all OOC interactions I have had with you, you were really insanely disrespectful, erratic, and insufferable especially if you don't get what you want. These aren't attractive qualities for a staff member.

Besides these points, I have had some interactions where you completely dismissed or lied about situations that happened. And you condone your fellow T's breaking server rules, Hence in my opinion: Staff just isn't for you

P.S:
I am open to having my mind changed. I want to, but I would need to see that first

Last edited:

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
Neutral
Your a decent lad definitely have improved my opinion on you the past couple weeks, don’t think your fit for staff but your a good lad doing great things for T

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

Hey Raff, don't get me wrong your an amazing guy and I do think you could become staff but I have had both positive and negative experiences with you. However, the application looks good and you are an active member of the community. Keep up the good work and i'm sure you will eventually get there!

OP2TRAPPY

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Nice guy, amazing leader in T and when you get to know him he's amazing

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied
Sadly it seems that your current reputation within the community isnt up to the current standards we are looking for within the staff team, Please try to improve on this before reapplying in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom