Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Raful's Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?:
Raful
1.2 How old are you?: 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?: Originally joined late 2021 and came back a few months ago.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?:
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?:
STEAM_0:0:511169410
1.7 What is your Discord?: sfknight05#0201
1.8 References (if any)?: AutoBans, Hamster, Crab, q1pg1

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random Death Match (RDM) is when you kill someone without a valid roleplay reason.

e.g

Example 1: Richard walks out of spawn and decides to shoot Paul in the face for the fun of it.
Example 2: Walter decides to kill Auto because he doesn't like his fancy suit.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule (NLR) means that you start a new life upon death and don't remember anything from your previous life.

e.g

Example 1: Skeng gets shot by a member of the Royal Syndicate during a mugging gone bad and decides to come back and arrest the guy who killed him.
Example 2: Antony gets killed during a raid and decides to come back shoot at the SCO-19 that killed him.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Fear Roleplay (FearRP) involves valuing your life in a situation where you are outgunned and non compliance with the superior group would get you killed.

e.g

Example 1: Spicy is surrounded by 4 members of PD with guns drawn on him (Forcing him to surrender as deciding to shoot back will be a death sentence).
Example 2: Jakey gets mugged by someone in PYC with 2 other members assisting, all with guns drawn on him and instead of complying with their demand, decides to try and run away from them. (Endangering his own life).

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
When you're being discriminatory towards people who're homosexual.

e.g
Example 1: Bobby decides call Jack a F***** because he heard he's gay.
Example 2: Tom says he wants to kill all gay people because he hates them.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is when someone is discriminatory towards someone because of their race.

e.g
Example 1: Tommy says in OOC that he hates black people.
Example 2: Derek decides to shoot anyone that doesn't have a white playermodel.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?:

I would bring Joe and William to a sit to talk to them. I would inform William that regardless of the carjack advert, that crimes against NHS is still against the rules. I would check William's previous punishment history and if he has none, I would more than likely let him off with a verbal and remind him of the rule. If it's a repeated offence, he would receive a warn and/or jail depending on his history.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?:
I would bring Joe to a sit to get his side of the story. I would then bring William and ask him for context as to why he killed Joe and the other people. (I would also ask if either side has any evidence to back their claims). If not, with William claiming that it was a PD Raid, I would check the logs to see if he adverted, and who else he killed and see if anyone else was on PD as this would help me figure out if PD was the target. I also assume that bLogs is used due to other billy addons and if so, I would use the PVP event scene feature, if available, to see for myself where it went down. If by any of these methods, I find out that William lied to me about the PD Raid being his target, he would receive a ban for MassRDM/Lying to Staff as he intentionally lied about killing all of them for no reason.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?:
I would bring Joe and William to a sit to hear both of their sides of the story. I would warn William for not adverting and breaking NLR. Due to Joe not being allowed to build on the sidewalk (as he's a Drug Dealer and not a Hobo), I would inform him that he can't build there. After that, I would tell both of them to read over the rules.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?:
I would bring Joe to a sit and hear his side of the story. I would also check for the PD Meeting advert. I would more than likely ban Joe for MassRDM and inform T HU of what happened (if it still existed).

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?:

I have good activity on the server and also have previous staff experience on other servers.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?:
If common sense and staff guidelines don't cut it, I would ask more experienced staff for some advice on how to handle the situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?: Yes.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
- Good activity and knowledge on and of the server.
- Teamwork.
- Good communication and standing with members of the server.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- Becoming impatient if pushed far enough.
- A bit of a drop in activity in September and whenever I have exams when I start course work (finishing school atm).
(Can't really think of a 3rd one).

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?:
I've been on Riverside for quite a while and it would be nice to be able to help in keeping rules enforced and keeping some people from ruining the experience on the server.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?: No.

Have you received any help when creating this application?: No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?: Yes.

Last edited:

jakey

Staff Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
+1 - Friendly guy, seems to have a good knowledge of the rules. Only had good interactions with him and he's very hardworking. Very professional on all accounts, would be a good fit for staff

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Accepted

Please message me on discord to schedule your interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom