Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Razza Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Razza
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? About 4 Weeks now but did previously play on older versions
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:174667923
1.7 References (if any)? None

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM (Random Death Match) Is where someone kills/murders another player without a valid reasoning within Roleplay

Example 1 :
Adam(Perpetrator) is being harassed and followed around the map by Harry(Victim). Adam is getting fed up with Harrys behaviour but has not officially warned Harry that if he continues he will be shot/killed in RP. Enough is Enough for Adam and he kills Harry without warning. This would be classed as RDM as there was no official warning to stop from Adam.

Example 2:
Craig(Perpetrator) has just logged onto the server, he is making his way to the licencing agency when he notices that there is someone stood next to there car and has left it unlocked. Craig would really like that car. So he murders the owner and takes the car. In this situation not only has Craig committed the offense of RDM. But also of FTA(Failure to advert)

Extra Example :
Jerry(Perpetrator) Is a gun dealer, And is Roleplaying inside his gun shop selling guns, However there is a dispute between him and another offending player that killed him with valid roleplaying reasons earlier on in the session. Now jerry really wants revenge and spots him outside his shop, And just opens fire killing the victim. This would be revenge RDM

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR Stands for New Life rule. This essentially means when you die. you must/should forget everything from your last life, And start a new one.

Example 1:
PC Pork Scratchings is responding to a PD Raid and is taking on armed shooters inside the armory. eventually he dies. He waits 5 minutes and returns to the PD Raid to attempt to take down the criminals for the second time. This would be NLR. Since he was involved in the SAME situation in TWO different lives.

Example 2:
Its 2am and there is a minimal amount of players on the server. Two of these players are John and Paul. They are drug dealers grinding to make as much money as possible over night. However halfway through they get a knock on the door. Its a thief raiding. They don't have any weapons since they didn't predict this situation and subsequently lose the battle. So they quickly Arm up and head back to base to attempt to salvage there progress and stop the thief. This would be NLR.

Extra Example:
Paddy is countering a bank raid. he attempts to take down the people in the bank raid however fails. He decides to spawn in the Suburbs and wait/camp at the corrupt banker for the bank raiders, and take them down there without advert. This would be NLR and RDM

2.3: Define Fear RP and provide two examples:
Fear RP is where somebody doesn't fear for there characters life in a situation.

Example 1:
Gerald is being kidnapped the 4 Terrorists, He has his keys out and they all surround him with guns all pointed to his head. He fails to follow simple commands given by the kidnappers such as "Get in the car" or "Follow me", And instead just attempts to run away. This would be FearRP.

Example 2:
Ryan is inside mall heading to the cinema to enjoy the latest movie. However in his travels he is greeted by an armed thug. Who adverts "Mug drop 5k or die". Ryan fails to drop the money because he would rather "die" than have to pay the money. This would be FearRP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is where somebody has a dislike or a hate for people that are gay. for no other reason than them being gay.

Example 1:
Jordan is going about his day just having fun on the server until some finds out he is gay. After this development they decide to yell the following profanity at Jordan "Ew go away you gay boy don't come near me you queer faggot" This would be quite an extreme level of homophobia and is strictly forbidden

Example 2:
Riley is playing the server. Listen on his steam account is his sexuality and is listed as "Gay/Bi", Someone notices this on the server and decides to point it out in ooc in a negative manner to draw unwanted attention to this player to make them uncomfortable and not welcome. This would be homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is when somebody discriminates, antagonises or makes comments about someones race/ethnicity

Example 1:
Jamal is roleplaying as a criminal. His in game character is Black. Jamal starts robbing a shop, in OOC someone says "Of course this guy robbing the shop is black, usual suspects always the monkeys" This would be racist.

Example 2:
Mohammed is roleplaying on the server and has a very strong accent that would indicate he is most Likely from a middle eastern country. He gets into an altercation/argument with Shaun. Shaun notices Mohammed's accent and shouts "oh just fuck off you smelly paki" This would be clear cut racism

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly i would bring Both William and Joe to a sit. I would ask Joe to explain the Situation to confirm the report. I Would then ask for Joe's response. Joe responds saying "But i adverted check logs". This would be a clear indication to me that Joe isn't educated on the rules of the server. I would then explain the rule of No crimes against the NHS To Joe, I would then check Joes previous warns to see if he has committed any similar rule breaks. Based of Joes history and attitude during the sit. I would either verbally warn him or give him a written warning. And also advise him to read the rules

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly i would do the same steps as all my sits. And get both sides of the story. After hearing both sides i would check logs to see which story is correct according to the logging system. After seeing so many kills from William i would be suspicious but not mention it yet. I Would then see if William did in fact advert PD Raid. If he did, i would ask Joe if he was inside the PD, If he was this specific issue is resolved and it wouldn't be RDM. If Joe wasn't inside the PD i would then ask or tell William that you cannot kill people outside the PD in a PD raid and warn him if appropriate (Previous warnings) Now back to the 6 kills. i would ask questions about these kills. But since no formal reports have come through i would simply watch him with a close eye to make sure no more rule breaking is happening

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Lots of rules are being broken on both sides here. I Would first ask Joe to remove his base from the sidewalk. I Would then remind William he NEEDS to advert raid in this situation, and check if he has any history with these specific rule breaks in the past, then take appropriate action, After reminding William i would deal with other rule breaking. If William is not informed on the rules and is truly remorseful and shows competence in following them in the future, i will be more lenient, However if this is not the case, i will punish William accordingly. To make Joe happy and attempt to keep him playing on the server and not quit, i would offer to compensate out of my own pocket (If possible bcz im poor)

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
In this situation i would teleport to Joe and ask him what on earth he is doing. Dependent on the time difference between the bombing advert and PD meeting advert. If it was like 2 seconds between and Joe made an honest mistake. i would verbally warn him. However if this wasn't a mistake, A more severe punishment will be put in place​

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am highly experienced in staffing, dedicated to the server and feel motivated when playing, i truly do enjoy the server

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask other staff members for there opinion or assistance.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I Am competent, Have lots of Patience, And i am very active

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I Have a big heart, i don't like to dish out many punishments if i can avoid it
I do have a job IRL. But i think i will manage the server too
I Haven't been staff on a server for a while. might take some getting use to

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
The main reason i would like to become a staff member is because i enjoy helping out in as many ways as possible. I Think the server is in need of some active staff and i can offer that no problem. I do also Enjoy staffing and don't see it as a "Chore" its something i genuinely enjoy in Garry's mod and all my heart goes into it. This is my favourite server and fills a big gap that no server has filled for me for many years. Its special and i would like to offer my help in any way possible

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

No​

Have you received any help when creating this application? NO
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? YES

+1 I have interacted with him only a few times, they were all positive interactions so he definitely isnt toxic, he also has a good understanding of the rules, would make good staff.

+1 Great guy and from playing with you i know that you understand the rules and would make great staff

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Nice guy, good understanding of the rules and would be good for staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom