Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied RyanHasDementia Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? RyanHasDementia

1.2: How old are you? 15

1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? More than 2 years

1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:697557325

1.7: What is your Discord? RyanHasDementia

1.8: References (if any)? Waltuh

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Random Death Match is the instance of an unjustifiable or invalid reason for murder, if any.

Examples: In spawn. Bill stabs John - who is completely unaffiliated - to death to make his friends laugh. While strolling down the street, Sam (terrorist) shoots Arthur (RS member) because they are involved in different organised crime groups.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
Metagaming is the use of Out Of Character (OOC) information to one's advantage during roleplay.

Examples: Cliff fails to raid the RS mansion, and once he respawns, he uses OOC to disclose the exact location of cocaine machines and printers throughout the base out of spite. Jim is arrested by Rick - an undercover NCA agent - and whilst he is being arrested, he reveals in OOC that Jim is an active undercover agent to everyone.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a reference to one's value of life in life-threatening situations. It may only apply if the individual is outnumbered by armed people, or if the victim is threatened by a gun in the case that the victim themself doesn't have a firearm in their possession.

Examples: 4 Terrorist members hop out of their truck with guns in hand, and demand that Yaman get in the car. Yaman refuses and decides to sit on a chair nearby, completely ignoring the threat at hand. Phil mugs Jake on the street. Phil pulls out an AK-74 and demands 3k from Jake. Jake doesn't have a gun in his possession, so he tries to punch Phil. Phil immediately shoots Jake to death afterward.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Copbaiting is the intentional instigation or provocation of PD, RPU, NCA or SCO-19 in order to gain their attention, leading in a forced pursuit or elevation of a situation.

Examples: Noah intentionally crashes his Ferrari straight into a stationary PD car at a red light, then proceeds to laugh and shout, "Come and get me, pig!". Adam decides to flash his MP5 at mall with PD around to provoke a confrontation.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:
Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, including race, gender, age or disability.

Examples: Kevin makes radical, offensive political comments on Mexican immigrants in the OOC chat. Chad walks around town shouting racial slurs to everyone.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city, crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring both to a secluded area to conduct a sit. Firstly, I would allow Tom to tell me his accusations of Dave's behaviour, and I would respond by checking the logs to correct Tom that he did indeed advert carjack. However, considering Dave stole an NHS vehicle, I would question Dave's cognizance of the 'Crimes Against NHS' rule. Depending on Dave's prior punishments and his mannerisms, I would either give him a verbal or warn him for Crimes Against NHS and return the two.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Once I bring Joe and William to a sit, I would allow Joe to stress his concerns regarding the car bomb situation. Whilst I check logs, I will ask William if he could provide me with useful information to clear up the situation at hand. I would confirm the relevant case by checking if there was an active hit on Joe before he was killed to ensure William had a valid reason to kill Joe. If there wasn't, he would be warned with RDM. If there was, I would explain to Joe that William had an active hit and had justification for his kill. I would repeat this step for the other 3 instances and follow the same procedure.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring James and Garry to a private area to discuss the allegations against James. I would begin by explaining that only hobos may base on the sidewalk, and that James must move his base to a designated door like JD or spawn hotel. But for the task at hand, I would like to discover the mention of Garry not being welcome. If either James or Garry have a clip that depicts Garry's mood that could have possibly warranted James to kick him out, let alone kill Garry for his mannerisms, I would review the video and come to a conclusion. I would then check previous warnings for both individuals—in case Garry has been consistently warned for minge—to accurately distribute fair warnings to either James or Garry, if any are necessary in accordance with intent.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Considering base raiding is classified as a 'major crime', a simple verdict can be drawn. I would teleport to Bobby and confront him of his actions, assessing his awareness of the PD meeting rules. If he seems unknowing, I would give him a verbal warning and ask him to cancel his raid. If he seems aware of his actions, I would warn him for intentionally starting a base raid when told not to by a PD meeting announcement - obviously according to his punishment logs.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe I am a good listener, I can make indifferent decisions with fair principles, trying to mirror my punishments in line with the rules of the server as much as possible. My logical reasoning can help me determine valid or invalid justification, allowing me to draw understandable conclusions about situations that may lack evidence or logs to back up. Too, I love to help others, and I can collaborate well with my peers, meaning the server can run more efficiently when everyone is on the same page.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would follow this pattern of steps: brain, rules, peer, and superior.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, this very server and one other. I think I reached Administrator last time here.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Logic, communication and adaptability seem to be my redeeming qualities that I see aiding my staff skills.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Academics, hobbies and my country may impact my ability to serve as a staff member.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I, personally, love this server. Though, unfortunately, using my personal experience, I claim that there are way too many offenders of niche rules that often go unnoticed. I believe this comes as a result of users not reading the rules, so I think I can help in the mitigation of unseen offenses of less understood rules to clarify that every rules matters and abiding by them is essential.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
Nope.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
I have not.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Sure.

Last edited:

Horrible, snotty behaviour. Constantly arguing with other players in OOC chat. Constantly being obnoxious and cocky. Overall, WAY too cocky. Can't take a joke. Always insulting other players and trying to pick fights. It's honestly sad. Player comes onto riverside only to pick fights and minge.]

He said something along the lines of:

" I got accepted last time so I'm getting accepted this time 100%"

Last edited:

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
not fit for staff never see him in game any interactions i have had he is very cocky

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
-1 does not have a very good understanding of the rules, always arguing with others in ooc, not fit for staff.

Horrible, snotty behaviour. Constantly arguing with other players in OOC chat. Constantly being obnoxious and cocky. Overall, WAY too cocky. Can't take a joke. Always insulting other players and trying to pick fights. It's honestly sad. Player comes onto riverside only to pick fights and min

Horrible, snotty behaviour. Constantly arguing with other players in OOC chat. Constantly being obnoxious and cocky. Overall, WAY too cocky. Can't take a joke. Always insulting other players and trying to pick fights. It's honestly sad. Player comes onto riverside only to pick fights and minge.]

He said something along the lines of:

" I got accepted last time so I'm getting accepted this time 100%"
Change of heart?

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral / -1

I have not seen you around, which is not enough for me to vote for you YET. That's is the reason for my choise, sorry! But your application looks OK.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I have seen you a couple times in game, and your application looks okay but it dosen't really stand out against other applicants.

+1

Have had multiple experiences in-game and from what I have seen of him, he seems to be a nice person. I see him active quite regularly too.

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied
Please Improve your reputation within the Community and in game before reapplying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom