Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Ryankz11's Application (Second Attempt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name: Chef Ramie (Non-jobs etc.)
1.2: How old are you: 20
1.3: Do you have a working microphone: Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside: 1 Month and 1 day (Returning player too)
1.5: Are you fluent in English: (Itallian) and Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22268850
1.7: What is your Discord: ryan7081
1.8: References: Jackie

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples
--RDM (Random Death Match)--
Is a action performed within any RP server where someone is killed or hurt (ARDM) without any valid reason. Two examples can be (both A+RDM)
- Killing someone because you don't like their shirt, that isn't a valid reason, nor is there a reason you can kill someone because of that.
- Hurting someone without a valid reason such as randomly punching someone or shooting someone, this is considered ARDM which is a type of RDM which is still a punishable offence unless otherwise it was a accident (such as adverting "/advert Crossfire")

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples
--Metagaming--
Metagaming is where you use third-party information (such as OOC) to either use this information to raid them/take the upperhand in something. Examples are as follow:
- You see a OOC talking about any raid (bank raids, BP raids, etc.) You then use this to get a upper hand in the attack before they even advert the raid(s).
- "Nippie40" Mugs/Kidnaps someone and as a law enforcer, you're nowhere near to see or hear the situation, so you do /wanted and/or /warrent anyway because you saw their advert for this. You cannot target people from adverts like that until you have clear evidence that you've seen the situation and processed it, or for Kidnaps: Wait till the person Kidnapping them has adressed a hostage situation which you can then go to.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples
--FearRP--
FearRP is where you as the player: value your life. So if you're being threatened with a firearm pointed at you, you cannot counter the situation, especially if you're out-numbered by multiple people. Pulling your gun out for either of these scenarios results in breaking FearRP. Examples as follow:

- Someone aims a gun at you to demand money (Mug) you cannot pull your gun out and kill them, or run away from the mugging, since you're valuing your life.
- You're outnumbered by multiple gunmen, and unless your party is bigger than the opposing party, you cannot counter this. (Certain situations).

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples
--Cop Baiting--
Is basically attracting the attention of the local law enforcement for any silly reason and resulting in silly and unnecessary chases without any development. These baits can result in chaos being unraveled or disrupt gameplay for others. Examples can include:
- Breaking traffic law past patrolling officers and iniatiating a pursuit, as well as dragging it along for long periods of time.
- Randomly tresspassing into restricted areas (beyond the PD keycard door) without any good reason only to just harass the law enforcement inside (not doing a raid etc.)

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples
--Discrimination--
Discrimination is where you harass/bully/torment towards another person based on their appearence/sexuallity/religion/gender/nationality etc. Examples can include:

- Not allowing someone being a certain job because they're a girl
- Making fun of someone's voice because of their disabilities/nationality etc.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit
Both the reported and the reporté will be teleported to a sit area (outside of Roleplay and the main map) and any explaination is allowed. But the main thing to mention here is that Dave (even though he adverted carjack) and did everything by the book, the one thing he forgot was that medical vehicles (NHS vehicles) are not allowed to be carjacked regardless of the situation. - Also making sure to check logs / checking video evidence to make sure that the reporté is not simply lying, but in this scenario, there's enough sources of evidence to gather.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit
Check the logs (or ask for reporté for any video evidence etc.) and make sure that the reported (William) actually had hits on these people, if what William said is true then it is not considered RDM, but if they never had hits on to begin with, William would've pretty much killed 3 people (4 if we assume Joe had no hit either) without valid reason.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit
James would be in the wrong here as he's building on the sidewalk which is a public area, so many people are going to be around. If James wants a bit more crowd control, he can always base up in a building and setup shop inside.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit
Assuming they have not fully started the raid (not killing anybody/not destroying any property inside such as printers etc.) I would ask him to stop the raid as the PD meeting advert clearly stating no major crimes to be allowed, if Bobby refuses this verbal warn can result in a proper warn for "FailRP". As no law enforcers are able to attend the situation since they're busy at the meeting.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants
Although I may be a little behind 2 weeks (with only having 1 week and 4 days) I feel like applying right now as I feel like I would be a great addition with the team as with my past experience of being staff on other servers (cannot say due to guidelines obviously) Althoguh I've been out of the game for almost 4 years, I still remember all the important RP rules and what to do in a handful of situations such as FTA, RDM, FailRP, etc.

During my return on the servers, I've met quite a bunch of the staff team too making very friendly and positive communications with them (I won't name any, but they will know) So I can keep this kind of behavior within the staff team being able to communicate with each other (which is a key element: as you can use these friendly gestures towards all the diferent strangers you'll be encountering when on duty (such as sits) and making sure not to be rude to anyone. (Also being there in OOC to ask any out of RP questions [if you know them] such as: "How do I become a police officer?" or "Where's the NPC for "this" or NPC for "that" or NPC for "over there".

I've also been on the server for almost constantly on days where I would be on, so I was exactly quiet either :)

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do
It never hurts to ask other fellow staff members for assistance weather that's because you're unsure on what to punish them for, or not sure what action to take with a unfamilliar situation etc. As teamwork is a element within the staff team, making sure nobody is currently in a 5 ft hole with two people arguging about who killed who in a RDM incident.

Or if all else fails, it doesn't hurt to improvise on the situation yourself: as long as what your actions do is fair and within server guidelines for staffing, such as providing reasonable punishments/lengths (such as muting someone if they're flooding OOC with harmful slurs that is unessecary or banning them for 1 week for not being interested to rp (NITRP).

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers
As already mentioned in why I should be chosen, yes I have been staffed in serval servers (although the last time was 4 years ago, I still know what i'm doing in the RP buisness).

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff
+ Great listener
+ Always positive no matter how harsh or rude the other(s) are gonna be towards me, unless muting/warning them if neccessary (Staff Disrespect)
+ Any guides in what to do (such as a guide book on what to do when on duty, as well as punishment lengths) as staff guidebooks can help me keep references and doesn't allow me to forget any small details.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff
- I like to make sure the punishment i'm doing is correct, (hence the guidebook) since I do not want their punishment to be too harsh or too forgiving. (Unless deemed fair such as the person reporting for RDM can allow them not to be warned, only for certain scenarios).

- My autism can be a real pain at times with forgetting things if too much is going on, though this is rarely a problem that occurs.

- People have reported (both on and off server) of me being too quiet, so i'll have to make sure to speak up during sits so that people will understand me.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I've met the other members of staff who have all been pretty friendly and chill, feel like I would be a great addition to this (especially how I've been with the community, coming back: Helping others in OOC with what they wanted) and talking to other staff members alot, mainly related to reports but also outside, too.

I enjoy being a peacekeeper for when it comes to servers, as it gives me that charm to make sure that a server does not go into a full blown riot of RDM/FailRP.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
Autism, though this shouldn't majorly impact abilities, but may encourage good training so I can get rough ideas :)

Have you received any help when creating this application
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking
Absaloutely

+1
I have seen you very active in-game and have had a lot of fun in my time with you. Would be a great addition to the staff team!

+1
Often on the server now that the PC is back. You are calm and a nice person from my interactions. Application has alright detail and length.
Has experience in staffing, is mature and knows server rules pretty well. Think you'll make a good staff member.

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1
Great guy who is an active member of the community and knows the rules, I think you would be a great asset to have on the staff team!

Thanks, Mozzie.

-1 not been playing on sever maybe in a year yes should be staff but not now
Okay then. You don't think I should be a mod and you don't think ramie should be a mod (Personally I don't think there's any reason to -1 ramies but I can understand mine BC if my age) Who is your perfect mod?

you know what fine have it your way for now on i will NOT SAY ANY THING ABOUT ANY PERSON WHO WANT TO APPLY FOR STAFF MEMBER ANY MORE IF I THINK THEY NOT BE GOOD OR NOT GOT ENOUGH EXPERIENCE THEN FINE I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT

Please do 🙏

+1 though
Active
Nice guy
Would be a good addition to the staff team

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied
1711396669972.png
Please ensure you follow the rules when making a Staff application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom