Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Ryan's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Ryan
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? ~ 2 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?STEAM_0:1:576375571
1.7 References (if any)? Ohm, Zombie, Neuro, Pancakes, Cesar,Lee.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Definition:
RDM stands for random death match; When a person kills someone else for no valid reason.

Example 1:
Oscar(A citizen) spawns in and sees a random guy called Joseph(A custom job) who got arrested. Oscar enjoys to knife people so he goes up to the police officer who arrested Jospeh and advertises "Counter Arrest" and kills the officer. He is not affiliated since it’s a random guy on another job and not in his gang. This is classified as RDM(Not-affiliate).
Example 2:
Oscar is speaking to his mate and Jesse comments on Oscar’s accent and they get into an argument. They go on to swear at each other and Oscar loses his patience and shoots Jesse in the face. This is classified as RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
Definition:
NLR stands for New Life Rule, you forget everything that happened in your previous life. You cannot engage in the same situation , and cannot interact/go to the same place for another 5 mins.
Example 1:
PCSO Timmy has been killed in a mugging and spawns back. He then goes up to the guy and arrests him for murder. Since the murder event happened in Timmy’s old life, it’s not valid anymore. Timmy has broken NLR.
Example 2:
SC019 is raiding London Mafia for possession of Illegal firearms, John dies during the raid and decides to spawn suburbs and go back and starts shooting at SC019 again. John has broken NLR.
2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Definition:
FearRP is when a person is outnumbered by a group of individuals and is threatened under gun point. The person is feared for his life and must obey commands given to him. This ONLY applies if the person is outnumbered and ONLY if he did not have his weapon out before they did.
Example 1:
Taxi Driver Alex is walking alongside the road to get to the dealership, a group of 4 masked individuals pull up in front of him and point a gun at him and demand him to get into the car. Alex has no choice but to get into the car as he is feared for his life and is under FearRP. He now has to obey every command given to him.
Example 2:
Joe (SC019) is walking towards PD Oliver (SC019). Oliver stops walking for a second and decides to check inside court for any suspicious activity. During this time, Joe is alone for a few seconds with his gun not pulled out, two individuals pull a gun on him and threaten him under gun point. Joe sees Oscar come out of court and is behind the two individuals, Joe does not listen to their commands and pulls his gun out and shoots them, Oscar also open fires on both and soon as he sees Joe getting kidnapped. Joe is not under FearRP because he was not outnumbered.
2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Definition:
Homophobia is when someone discriminates others because of their sexuality.

Example 1:
There is a police Chief Inspector hosting a training for a few CDT's. After training is done, he asked if any of the CDT's are gay and refused to promote them if they were.
Example 2:
Harley heard a conversation between two citizens about their pronouns Him/He and Gay/Bi. Harley then walks up to them and starts discriminating them by swearing at them and mentioning their name's in chat and starts to call them the R slur. These undesirable words made them feel very uncomfortable and this is unacceptable.
2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Definition:
Racism is when someone discriminates others because of their nationality or race.

Example 1:
Tommy starts calling all the dark-skinned characters the N-Word. This is heavily unaccepted and Tommy will receive a ban for discrimination depending on how many times he said it.
Example 2:
Harry is in the bus heading towards Leslie and he hear a conversation between two members of a Custom Job who did not have a British accent. Harry then asks where they are from and they mention they are from an Arabic country. Harry then proceeds to call them very unpleasant words such as "Terrorists" and "Bombers".
Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I will take both to a sit in an area with no interruptions. I will then check logs to double check and to see if he did advert carjack or not. After checking logs, I will inform William that he cannot steal any NHS vehicle's even if he adverted carjack. I will warn him for Crimes Against NHS. I will take a step to also inform Joe that he can preview all messages if he missed them by checking the Console. Finally, return both.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I will take both to a sit in an area with no interruptions. I will check logs to double check if William did in fact advert PD raid. I will then make sure PD was off-cool-down and enough cops were there to be able to raid PD. If William adverted and cool-down was over, I will explain to Joe that William adverted PD raid and he can kill anyone who enters PD. However, if William did not advert, he will get warned for FTA and if he had a clean record and was genuinely sorry, I would let him go, but if he had multiple records for breaking RDM and ARDM, he has killed 6 people so he will be punished for MRDM. I know trial mods do not have the ability to ban for 5 weeks so I will ask staff online to extend it. I will take a step to also inform Joe that he can preview all messages if he missed them by checking the Console. If there was an advert, sit is resolved and return both.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I will take both to a sit in an area with no interruptions. Since it is a situation with multiple broken rules, I will deal with it step by step. Firstly, I would explain to Joe that only Hobo's can build on sidewalks and ask him to remove his base. I will check for previous warns to see if he has a history of basing on restricted areas and punish him accordingly. I will then explain to William that he needs to advertise "Raid" before raiding any base, and I will check for previous FTA warns. I will then let William know about what NLR means and that he has broken NLR. I will check his warn history and accordingly punish him. If he has been reported multiple times for NLR, he gets a warn for FTA + NLR. I will then ask William to kindly give Joe the money he received by selling his drugs. If he refuses, I will return him and offer to pay Joe his money back as I rather remove conflict than create more. Finally, return Joe.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I will take Joe to a sit in an area with no interruptions. I would have a conversation with Joe. In the meantime I will also check his previous warns. If he is very cooperative and genuinely did not see that 1 advert William did, I will chat to him about how he can avoid it next time and will give him a warn for Interrupting Meeting instead of a 5 week ban for MRDM. Furthermore, I will let Jihad management about this incident.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I am not biased and I always always listen to both sides of the story and I am a very just person. I learn very quickly and rarely panic in situations. I am mature and don't make silly quick decisions. I also live in a timezone where I am awake at early times when no staff in the UK are on so that is an advantage. Finally, I usually respond quickly usually to situations.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Immediately ask other staff online for help to resolve the situation, preferably Admins+. I can also use the discord chat to ask for help in case no staff are on.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

No.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1. I maintain professionalism at all times even though it might just be Gmod to some people.
2. I am good with management, I can think/manage of multiple situations at once without panicking.
3. I am a very organised person.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1. May not be able to get on weekdays as much as weekends because I've got A-levels soon though my activity is good.
2. I have not been staff on Gmod before but I am a quick learner so this would not be a big weakness.
3. n/a Really can't think of any weaknesses

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

My main goal is to resolve conflict between people on the server. I want to ensure people get treated fairly and those who need to be warned/banned to make the community a less toxic place should be. I come across minger's quite a lot and i would like to reduce their numbers. I would also want to try the moderating experience and possibly improve it.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Yes I asked staff for help on question 2.8 about warns you get for basing on sidewalk as non-hobo.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Why not, sure.

Last edited:
+1,
One of the best staff application I've seen so far, definitely deserves staff + good server reputation. Alot of hard work has been put in the application.

+1 Very Nice Application, knows the rules very well he is also higher up in many departments.

Ohm

Plus 1, active on game and over all the application looks very good

neutral, good staff app but told me about his app ingame
Really sorry Cesar, I did not know asking for feedback was prohibited. You were on SOD and I thought I’d ask you for feedback since, I hadn’t asked anyone else that’s why I didn’t know. Thanks for your comment though.

Last edited:

fzn

Really sorry Cesar, I did not know asking for feedback was prohibited. You were on SOD and I thought I’d ask you for feedback since, I hadn’t asked anyone else that’s why I didn’t know. Thanks for your comment though.
It says it right here:

If you are unable to follow simple application rules, how can we be sure you will follow staff rules and guidelines?

Neutral

Seems nice, however, has filled the chat at 1 am complaining that he didn't follow the Staff Application Advertising rule. I don't currently believe is the best fit for staff If they complain about a situation in OOC.

Just to clarify this, I am genuinely sorry. I had completely 0 intention to break rules , I just didn’t see that blue section about advertising for some reason, I read all rules but I missed that blue part but I’ve told only 1 person and I can promise it was just a mistake that won’t be repeated. I always follow rules 100% just I genuinely misses that part. I’m hoping my staff app is good enough to pay for this mistake. About complaining in OOC, it wasn’t actually complaining it was just mentioning it to a few ppl there.. I know it’s not right and i should do /pm but there were only few ppl on and multiple people were commenting on failed/successful staff apps so I pointed it out. Hope my staff app answers above can pay for this mistake. thanks.

Last edited:
Changing my vote to a -1,

You cannot follow basic rules, As well as that I have a concerning feeling that you have got someone else to write out your application.

After looking at a few of your recent posts on the forums, You lack grammar as well as spelling and are commonly saw using “slang” like “ppl - People”.

Best of luck.

Changing my vote to a -1,

You cannot follow basic rules, As well as that I have a concerning feeling that you have got someone else to write out your application.

After looking at a few of your recent posts on the forums, You lack grammar as well as spelling and are commonly saw using “slang” like “ppl - People”.

Best of luck.
Appreciate your comment jordz, my reply was at 5:45 am time for me so I am not at the best of my thinking at that time and I don’t think anyone else is too. You can see in the post I said people and ppl both , that shows that I did not have the intention to use slang. Just asked a few people from UK if it’s slang and they said yes, but I’m not from UK I thought it’s a short way of saying it. Please DM me if you have anything to say after this because I feel it’s unprofessional to argue on forums and accuse me of cheating my app that I spent hours on.

Last edited:
Denied, you have written a good application, however you have failed to follow a rule which is clearly stated in the template. You may reapply in a weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom